They claim that pre-made teams aren't stacked

Discord got brought up because that’s where I got the info. I haven’t once attacked Discord. It’s not my fault menitoning it when talking about AV triggees so many people.

How can you use the in-game voice chat to communicate cross-server before a BG starts?

BattleNet provides for custom voice channels.

1 Like

How?

The bnet client supports cross servers groups and chats(with voice). Is it as clean as discord? Not really. Does it effectively do the same thing, yes you can.

1 Like

What unfortunate behavior led to this change?

Finally, we’re updating the calculation of diminishing returns to match patch 1.12 of original WoW. When WoW Classic first launched the Honor System, we made the decision to decrease Honor by 25% per repeated kill. With world PvP being the only option for obtaining Honor at that time, this made sense. Now, PvP has primarly moved to battlegrounds where repetitious engagements can happen with much greater frequency. Starting next week, Honor will now decrease by 10% per repeated kill in both battlegrounds and world PvP.

It was in the same post, yet it had nothing to do with unfortunate behaviors at all. Immediately following the “unfortunate behaviors” comment was this:

We’re working on a hotfix that will go live soon that will make honorless targets unlootable. This is intended to further discourage camping the starting caves as an efficient activity.

THAT is the “unfortunate behavior” they were referring to - gy camping.

Actually, if the individuals using Discord wanted, they could do an almost identical thing using the Battle.net chat system. It has most of the key items. Voice Chat, multiple channels, etc.

1 Like

You jumped from “improves the chances of winning” to “I can win by myself”

Moving on…

Yup! And with BattleNet IDs letting you keep track of folks regardless of servers, you can pretty much keep up with everyone in the same way as well without touching Discord or the like.

I actually just tested and sure enough. Since you are using Battlenet IDs is has no realm dependancies (any realm can talk to any other realm), you can create all the different channels you want within a group and each channel has its own voice comms. You can even setup moderators.

So what is going on in Discord can be done with all Blizzard provided components.

1 Like

No, how was my original statement a red herring? Seriously… I’d like a nondeflective response.

Which means entirely within Blizzard and BattleNet’s UI you can find and create groups, filter people, assign leaders and other officers (moderators), and do all the organization you wish right there.

Yep. The only reason Discord is being used is because it is easier, has a better API and has more features. But push come to shove, Discord is not even needed.

1 Like

I didn’t call it a red herring, I called it a strawman.

Shhhh. You are going to ruin it.

Correct. My bad. How is it a strawman?

Recapping the events cleanly:

Your response is a ridiculous strawman. I responded directly to you about improving your chances of winning. Your response took “improves the chances of winning” and turned it into “I’ll win AV by myself” and placed that absurd conclusion at my feet.

In other words, you deliberately misconstrued what I said by asking an obviously hyperbolic rhetorical question to make it appear like I suggested something I in fact did not. This is a dumb biased interviewer tactic where the interviewer purposefully misconstrues conclusions, implies the other person made those conclusions, and then places the onus of defending conclusions not made on that person.

Don’t do this.

1 Like

I was on Dark Iron back then which i think was also Shadowburn, all we did was premade AV…

Not sure why people fight the fact we did infact premade AV.

You know what is even more ironic. They call this cheating because you are increasing your changes of winning.

Yet it is ok to use systems like, gearscore, RaidIO, achievement check, parse results, etc. to filter out your raid members to increase your odds of winning.

Talk about double standards.

1 Like

But this “absurd strawman” is the whole point of my thread.

Your sarcasm detector must be off…

You’re actually quite good at doing exactly this. Again, sarcasm.

Even if the OP or others consider it cheating that doesnt mean blizzard does.

I only premade AV.

Wheres my ban?

Did it in Classic also, Wheres my ban for that?

2 Likes

Rules for thee, not for me.

Your whole point is a massive misattribution for the purposes of obfuscation and confusion?

M’kay.