They claim that pre-made teams aren't stacked

Well then they should be banned too.

It’s too late man you already showed your hand

Because there was no horde external advantage. That was the topic at the time.

Yes.

No, not even remotely comparable.

• BGs allow for grouping
  • BGs make no attempt to balance around experience, class, or spec, only gear, and only very very loosely
  • BGs are filled with people, not randomly selected cards, so the player themselves materially changes the balance

If we’re going to analogize to something like poker, WoW BGs explicitly allow every player to have one or more cards in their hand, of their own choosing, to bring to every play, that count just as valid as any card dealt by the dealer. The “cards in their hand” are the gear, experience, class, and spec brought to the BG. Undergeared and underleveled players with bad PvP specs are the equivalent of players showing up without a card at all, or with a mere Three-of-Clubs while everyone else in full PvP gear and proper specs is rocking a default three of a kind.

The only way that WoW BGs become a truly analogous solo player experience to poker is if everyone is reduced of their own individuality and expression and we’re given a “BG Game” that is more or less Karazhan Chess Event, but with fixed options and no opportunity to swap. We don’t have that, so any whinging about “too many good players together” is a feature, not a bug.

You can’t read can you?

You’re right, which is why your original post is garbage and attempts to make a link that isn’t there.

But these aren’t premades, these are people hitting the queue button at the same time and hoping they hop in line right next to each other, nothing more. Calling it cheating when they’re literally doing what every other person queueing is doing is just asinine. There’s no distinguishable behavior.

1 Like

Oh the Irony.

So to try and prove it is cheating. You make a post that, if the discord is cheating, is actually breaking forum rules by posting this information.

So you break the rules to call out people you think are breaking the rules.

Again, that assumes any of this is breaking any kind of rule.

Yeah, up to 5. Not 6+. Groups can only be made from the same server.

Correct, but the pre-mades do.

Hype literalism is annoying. But yeah, since the players themselves change the balance, selecting more than 5, and from across different servers is unfair.

Rude, and reported. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? It doesn’t have to spell it out. It’s broad enough to include what I described as cheating.

You’re right about one thing. They probably shouldn’t be called “pre-mades” anymore. However, folks are still calling them pre-mades. There is a filtration process involved, which normal PuGs do not have the capability of doing. If there was no distinct advantage to doing this, there should be no difference when queuing solo and hopping in the in-game voice chat. Folks are essentially trying to stack the deck against PuGs.

How so? I haven’t called out any players. I deliberately left the person’s name out of that.

So…

“Blizzard! The Alliance is using strategy and is now winning too many games!”

So essentially you are saying that the horde can only win if the opposition is an unorganized mob that has no strategy.

Interesting…

No one is making 6+ groups.

…and? You’re explicitly allowed to stack yourself and up to 4 other people with as much gear, proper specs, and coordination as you like. This isn’t interesting, this is intended.

You want BGs to be 5 or less? You do realize the default behavior of BG queues selects multiple people from multiple servers right?

It isn’t since you haven’t pointed out a single “method” that is unauthorized by Blizzard.

Rather irrelevant what they call them to be honest, they aren’t queuing any differently than anyone else.

…so we’re back at “people picking and choosing their group members is bad” and you wonder why you’re getting push back? Seriously. People are allowed to group and can make whatever restrictions they like for their groups, this is explicitly allowed by Blizzard. You keep bringing this up like it matters, it doesn’t.

Oh look, the ‘challenge’ you want everyone to take up. Being able to discriminate in who you play with is part of the game, it is why we have guilds and teams and why Blizzard doesn’t intervene on any of it. Playing with people you want is supposed to give you an advantage, again it is a feature, not a bug.

So what? People in a PvP environment are allowed and encouraged to compete for any advantage they can.

• Having max Engineering stacks the deck against other people that do not.
  • Having an assortment of alchemy consumables stacks the deck against other people that do not.
  • Having full Gladiator gear stacks the deck against other people that do not.
  • Having max level, an epic mount, and a good spec all stack the deck against other people that do not.
  • Having other players to play with even half-hearted coordination stacks the deck against other people that lack it.

The solution in all of these is the same: go do it yourself.

Where did I say that?

The entire premise of the thread is that the Alliance are coordinating and actually using good strategy to win BGs.

And this is somehow cheating and needs to stop.

So essentially, if the Alliance actually coordinate and use strategy, they start winning and the Horde want that stopped.

People who intentionally try to be in the same BG aren’t premades? How odd

prepared or made beforehand

They formed their attempted group before they queue by being in discord and queuing at the same time in the hopes to be in the same group.

It’s premading outside of blizzard UI in order to try to bypass rules blizzard UI has in place.

So yes, it is cheating as your intentionally bypassing limitations that were inte to ally put on the queue system.

If blizzard is going to punish people for it is the real question.

Identify pre-mades vs non-pre-mades with only Blizzard sources please.

Specifically, show how Blizzard would know and identify a bunch of people who queued in an attempt to land together in a BG vs a bunch of people who simply queued and ended up together in a BG.

For someone who accuses others of being deflective, that’s all I’ve seen you do here.

All that stuff is earned and working within the game as designed.

This AV crap isn’t. It’s really that simple.

It improves the chances of winning for those participating, while decreasing the chances of those who are not (both Horde and Alliance.) Hence, unfair.

Yep and this is what happens when one side ends up with a very small population queuing for it. It becomes very easy for the same people to get into games together consistently.

That’s simply how it works.

The blue post states that Blizzard were going “to make surgical adjustments that address some of the more prominent pain points and unfortunate behaviors”.

The following are some of the surgical changes that were outlined in the blue post:

“Alterac Valley will now allow parties of up to 5 players to queue together. When a party queues together, they will be placed into the same battleground.”

“There will no longer be a number in the name of the battleground in the “Join Battle” screen.”

“We’re fixing a setting that allowed the battleground to start with as few as 20 players on a team.”

So my questions to you are:

What unfortunate behaviors do you think are addressed by the above changes?

Do you think the above-described changes are unrelated to AV premades?

Do you think that Blizzard removing the number of the battleground in the Join Battle screen was a change made to prevent GY camping?

1 Like

Actually, I do not even know why we are arguing this. We all know exactly what is going to happen.

Blizzard will cave in to the Horde AGAIN, and next week they will completely disable queuing in any group (single queue only) and some other change to make the Horde happy.

They should just make BGs HvH only because that is the only way they will be happy.

#WorldofHordecraft

All of this stuff also includes coordination and communication with people both in and out of the game. You think you get full Gladiator gear without use of non-Blizzard communication? You’re being deliberately obtuse to try and draw a line in the sand that doesn’t actually matter.

If people want to have friends/allies to play with in BGs, they need only do what literally everyone else does: go play with others.

It isn’t limited to AV, all BGs will have this limitation and responsive behavior now.

Everything I listed above does this as well you silly person.

Wait, you mean I can’t use the in-game voice chat in arenas?

I don’t know why you’re hung up on the Discord thing… You’ve clearly ignored what I’ve said about it. “Using Discord is cheating” is a red herring. It’s proved rather effective in derailing the conversation in many threads, too.

We know how loose you use this terminology now. You should stop arguing this point. It’s really the red herring.

So, if I have all that stuff you outlined, I’ll win AV by myself?

You were the one who started talking about discord. But you’re right there are plenty of other tools available to do exactly what is being done on discord, including tools built into blizzard’s own tools.

Funnily enough this won’t change much since you can still just mass queue with how few Alliance there are and likely still get most of the same people together, especially in smaller population BGs like WSG. I don’t think they’ll kill group queuing entirely, that entirely kills innocent and intended social interaction/incentive to do BGs with friends.

But you never know… Blizzard loves its Horde.

You can if you want, but folks typically don’t, and it isn’t a detriment if you use outside of WoW coordination.

You keep bringing it up as a relevant factor.

You gave a blanket statement that focused on what is in the game.

This happens on the Discord server and you keep bringing it up. So I’ve hit both possibilities: that you either hate Discord, or you hate that people filter who they play with. Neither of these things are problems.

Stop using Discord as a scapegoat and I’ll stop caring about it as irrelevant.

Nothing.
Is.
Stopping.
You.
From.
Queuing.
With.
People.

Seriously. This isn’t hard. Just hit the queue button at the same time as everyone else and voila, you’re likely to join them.

There’s a canyon of difference between what you said:

And this absurd strawman:

You’re a brat.

1 Like