There's people like this

I mean if you read these forums every day you will see it plain as day. There are people who apparently want to play on pvp servers but get mad when the opposite faction kills their faction’s npcs. They want everything their way.

1 Like

The feature has been in game for several years. The argument isn’t that there is going to be an influx.

Correct me if I am wrong, but right click reporting didn’t always auto-squelch people if enough people reported you until relatively recently right?

1 Like

Lmao are you serious… you’ve reported me like 5 times today and I did the courtesy of leaving out your name. You came here, called yourself out, opening yourself to harassment and still report.

It would be like Blizzard’s rules against calling out the names of exploiters on the forums when reporting the behavior and then the OP still getting banned because the exploiter knew who it was about.

I’m allowed to talk about the types of players I’ve come across. How can you call out and harass someone you refused to name. You obviously wanted it to be about you with the type of post you made coming here.

4 Likes

3 years ago. Do you consider that recent?

Pretty certain that only blizzard staff can hand out forum bans. I suspect there is more to the story.

Is that when right-click reporting was introduced? Or when it started auto punishing people for being reported by so many people?

A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. -Thranduil

1 Like

The auto-squelch has been in the game for over 10 years.

2 Likes

I’m suddenly less concerned with how the auto-liberal feature will affect the realms I choose realizing I’ll be on a PvP server and I’ll be Horde. Hopefully far away from this nonsense

1 Like

That’s when the squelch was added as far as I can tell for certain. Right click report has been in itself for at least 7 years.

And what people have been repeatedly pointing out is that this very system has been in game for literally years.

1 Like

might be different now, but the large number of reports would trigger an auto ban that the mod would review eventually. someone was using an offsite service that would multiple flag report targets. everybody in the thread was being reported, multiple times, resulting in bans going out left and right, which in turn created anomosity, presuming the other forum members were doing the flagging. this happened on a weekend so it took awhile to even get a mod to review it.

The most important one is not spouting out what would likely get you reported.

2 Likes

And what people are saying is this is Classic and a lot of us don’t want modern changes in a game where it didn’t exist. You could say add LFR because it’s been in the game for years and it would still be a no.

4 Likes

Except vanilla was never a static game nor does it by its very nature doesn’t exist in the same kind of static environment that say an NES game does.

Idiocy in chat is the “basis of the game”?

These threads hit the wall of absurd in such a violent way.

3 Likes

Go to the False reporting and automated ban thread and read through all 3000 posts if you wish to read about what people are “Fussing” about. Its not the same as it was anymore, its an automated AI that WILL ban you until repealed no-matter what you say as long as X amount of people report you.

1 Like

Fair enough.

You know what hasn’t been around for nearly as long? A culture where the very act of disagreeing with someone was considered violence.

Before any of you try to spout off about hyperbolic nonsense, no it’s a legit thing. If you say something that certain people don’t agree with, those people brand you as a racist and claim you are being violent and spouting hate speech. The twitter mob as it were, shouldn’t control who is squelched and who is not. And I’m not talking about just classic. I don’t agree with it in modern wow either.

If you don’t like what someone said, report them and let the GMs handle it.

3 Likes

I have no intention of getting myself reported or reporting anyone else. I’ll stick to /ignore personally if I really feel that’s warranted. Usually I’ll ignore if I feel particularly annoyed, not sure I really understand what it feels like to be HARASSED like some people claim to feel victimized by daily. If that’s not good enough for you then report with a detailed report from the game’s help menu. People should be able to have their server jokes without being HARASSED by snowflake reporters.

4 Likes