There's no reason not to have Dual Spec

The people that are against it are trolling. It doesn’t effect anything. The only thing it could accomplish is allowing people to spend more time in game. I routinely log off after raids because it’s not worth 50 gold to spec Enhancement to grind gold for an hour or two and another 50g to respec back to Resto. Especially with the economy as brutalized as it is by rampant botting.

They clearly abandoned #NoChanges with the boosts and allowing the economy to be ravaged by bots. Why can’t they just add a change that doesn’t hurt anyone in anyway and might just make some of us tolerate this absolute failure of a launch. I’m certainly not going to bother trying to PVP after a raid, I have maybe an hour and a half left, I’d spend the majority of it in queue. As Resto, so I can’t even spend that time out farming, right. Maybe I could spend it fishing, sure, with the price of Golden Darters being nearly at vendor price thanks to, again, botting. :slight_smile:

edit: I love how this was just mass downvoted by Blizzards fanboys. I mean, it’s totally not a coincidence that Blizzard adds a system on their forums that allows their fanboys to silence anyone that brings a negative opinion here. Classy as always.

26 Likes

1 reason: it would change the PvE meta with hybrids being forced to keep 2-3 sets of gear and change specs from encounter to encounter. If you dont think that would happen then you must be new to classic.

That’s definitely one, so you can change your title (or delete the thread).

22 Likes

Don’t listen to Qbert. He’s a “WoW is Dying” doomsayer who wants the game to fail.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t force anything, people can find guilds at their personal level of sweatiness. No one is forced to maintain BiS for 2-3 specs even if dual spec was added.

Also, so much stuff gets sharded as is, might as well collect OS :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

dual spec is like that cute girl in high school who was out of your league
dude, she’s just not that into you

2 Likes

I mean, most active players in a raiding guild with a class that has multiple roles tend to collect an offset. I’m in a fairly casual guild and we have multiple players, especially Tanks, that will swap specs based on the raid.

I understand that you’re saying “between encounters” meaning between actual fights, not depending on the raid night, etc etc. The thing is, guilds that are “dedicated” enough to do that likely already do it by simply sending people to hearth and resummoning them-- or by simply replacing the player altogether and filling them in with another person. Which, honestly, seems a lot more toxic to me than simply allowing Dual Spec. Sweaty guilds are going to go to those lengths, punishing the rest of us doesn’t stop them.

Why would use this specific analogy?

I’m into guys, thanks!

You’re also not forced to be a sweaty PvP minmaxer, so just release phase 2 and extend season 1. Everyone should be happy right? PvE gear in PvP is not relevant, you dont have to follow the meta right?

1 Like

No, they’re not, because there’s a respec fee. You want to remove that barrier, which will create the opportunity for raids to change their ways. That is a reason to not have dual spec, whether you want to admit it or not.

6 Likes

I’m not really sure the point you are trying to make, all I’m saying is dual spec alone doesn’t force people to maintain OS in any way at all.

You think 100g stops a full blown sweaty guild? And you’re the one telling me I haven’t played much Classic?

Amazing. That 100g respec cost is nothing compared to what people were blowing on consumables and various other extra materials for raids back in Vanilla Classic, and those have been very much slimmed down for TBC…

At least you’re fecesposting on your main. I’ll give you that.

1 Like

if that’s true, then PvP doesn’t force you to maintain any spec at all either.

3 Likes

Just pointing out that we now have alts arguing with alts. Why can’t people just post from their main characters lol.

That plus the time loss does stop them for most situations. It has to be an extreme situation where a respec is sorely needed for it to be worth it, even for sweaty guilds.

1 Like

everybody who doesnt agree with my subjective opinion is literally hitler

p.s. another spam post

2 Likes

Dude, you’re bad at the game. You don’t need to respec to enhance to farm for restoration consumes. I main a restoration shaman and I never have to farm. You get enough gold to cover all your consumes in kara/mag/gruul each week. Unless you’re horrible and wasting consumes you don’t need to, which is very likely in your case.

2 Likes

Post from your main then. Who said I’m farming strictly for the consumables I need that week. There’s more to WoW than raid consumables my friend.

See when I get new gear, I have these things called “gems” and “enchants” that I have to keep up with. Ever played WoW before mate, beyond level 18 anyways?

Honestly though, seems like 90% of the people that disagree about Dual Spec are too ashamed of their main characters to post on them. Pretty funny stuff.

You know why, they don’t want to associate their totally serious opinions with their main character

2 Likes

I think it’s because they don’t actually play TBC Classic and therefore have no real stake in the game. They just wanna argue for its own sake.

Or maybe they boosted the wrong character and now they’re bitter.

Is OK1 do explain what Bois what boss or rating counter requires you to have 3 sets of gear exactly?

It’s not needed unless you’re a tank which you would need resist gear for some fights I could see you having some pieces for DPS.

If they wanted you to switch’d but realistically it’s not gonna be this oh all the sun I switch my spec into 3 times the amount of DPS.

I mean even as a tank when people say you have a threat set is love a threat set its more of threat pieces.

It’s the same thing with hit for casters Let alone if you’re Is Guild is literally making you switch gear pieces after every single fight you Have other issues.

I mean unless you’re in one of those triheart sweaty gilds no There should be only 2 things that matter one the boss dies Too And I’m gonna say a terrifying word here I know.

YOU ALL HAVE FUN WITH YOUR GALDES

I know terrifying thought Dual speck would be related for the game on top of that if it’s really that big of an issue.

They could do this magical thing just make it so you can’t respect indulgence and rates and arena.

There solved Is let alone I would almost say probably most people at this point that are playing at that tryhard level probably have all bits and all the pieces for their offspect put together.

On top of that I keep know that people keep clinging to this pretend difficulty that’s there because here’s the thing the fights aren’t that hard.

There’s millions of guides everywhere If you’re really having that much trouble for your best same thing.

There’s absolutely no reason why you would need 3 gear sets honestly it’s obviously I could see you having some off pieces or DPS or maybe some pieces for extra mannery Gen. For longer fights for healers.

But 3 separate gear sets no there’s no way you this way you would need that there is no boss fight in the Bixby in the burning crusade that would require you to have 3 gear sets.

On top of that realistically if you’re really have a Is guilt that’s that sweaty where you have to have 3 gear I have 3 gear sets.

They’re probably having a mage put a port down view teleporting back through teleporting back to a major city to respect and come back anyway.

But again there’s no boss fight in this expansion that would require it not one.

So I’m sorry no your argument has no weight Because seriously mark my words tempus keep, Serpent shrine cavern I give it the fact that I’m gonna be cleared Is in the 1st 10 hours of them being released.