There's no reason for new players to invest into this game

However, I was kind of impressed that 8.3 makes use of the Panda/Ramakhan areas again.

Players have asked for that, having old areas not simply go to “waste” since they are often rich in scenery and unique NPCS; I’m REALLY enjoying Ramakhan again.

There is also QUITE A LOT to do now, mainly solo. It isn’t all about grinding away in dungeons/raids anymore. You can pretty much choose to not even do that stuff (beyond stupid unlocks that require killing King Mechagnome… groan…)

It does seem more populated to me, lately, though. This is because of new stuff and Vulpera/Mechagnomes and the cloak. It is fun to run around the Rhamakhan area and see players all over.

Hey if you enjoy the pruned classes that many people complain about or leave for, then sure, you do you.

Why you have a problem with people enjoying WoW’s Gameplay over SWTOR’s? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know you don’t explicitly state it, but it’s really obvious by the way you say “But hey, if you enjoy this…”, and it’s ovbious that you don’t like the fact that people like Wow’s gameplay. I have no problem with you liking SWTOR, good on you, it’s just not my cup of tea, but i’m not going to sit here and insult people for not playing/liking the game i like.

And while i did asked you to explain to me and you did (…very minimally i might add, to a point where practically, you gave me very little to work with), can you explain it again but in detail? so i can understand completely what you like about it? I know nothing about SWTOR and it’s been while. So hence why i’m asking you. What makes it superior then WoW’s? Like Why and how is this better in SWTOR but not in WoW to you? Things like that.

1 Like

If you’ll notice, the complaints about toxicity and the toxicity itself always comes from the people defending the current Bliz ineptitude, and those that tell people to leave the game.

3 Likes

TBH, IDK if new players are even on Blizzards radar. I rarely see real new players. I make alts quite a bit but everyone else I see is decked out in looms. Can’t remember the last time I saw a WoW ad on a third party site. With over 100 million people that have tried WoW, I think most everyone that has wanted to play it has already tried it.

Oh people can enjoy whatever they want, there’s no issue with that.

But when you see delusional players trying to suggest WoW is the best game ever while the combat system has been destroyed from all the pruning and any class depth is long gone, then yeah I have a problem.

Objectively speaking Swtor’s class system is superior to WoW as it is pretty much what old wow’s combat system was when skilled mattered a lot more than the today’s dumbed down version.

People can enjoy the most simple thing, even phone games, that is acceptable, but if they start spouting BS about how WoW’s combat is superior then yeah, we have a problem.

Honestly, I have no clue why he is even around anymore. As much as he comes he and tears the game apart I would have assumed he would have gone back to SWToR already (which is a good game, so don’t take this as a shot at SWToR at all!).

3 Likes

what do you mean no reason

im standing right here

1 Like

I am, but since i used tokens to prepare for 8.3 and everything sub runs out at feb 10.

So since i wont be playing the game I might as well get some value out of the sub by enjoying the forum drama : 3

So another two weeks? Well at least we know it is coming to an end :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whenever someone says, “_______ is the best game ever!”, all that simply means that in their opinion, it is the best game.

For instance, I can’t stand FFXIV… most boring MMORPG in the history of MMORPGs that I’ve personally ever played. I hated it so badly that they gave me a refund for it.

SWToR? LOL!!! That game is still around? Last time I heard, they have like 7 people subscribed.

Oh my goodness, I think I’ve filled my laughter meter for the day, thank you for providing me with so many smiles, smirks, giggles and guffaws.

Really made my day.

I’m a new player, it’s probably why I like WoW. I don’t rush myself or tell myself I need to get ‘x’ content done to be happy. So many people trying to rush the new content and I’m enjoying the new race. :stuck_out_tongue:

those zombie and pale elf attacks have been disruptive tho

2 Likes

Agreed. They had a good opportunity to add things back in to the retail game with classic, but decided instead to make them independent of each other.

Meanwhile, the lead dev has given himself an updated copy of the black qiraji (sp?) mount we’ll never have.

Considering how much blizzard shills try to attack swtor and any other mmorpg and pretend they are dead while WoW is not the biggest mmo anymore and is dying slowly after each patch, i might as well try swtor.

2 Likes

Just freaking quit. We don’t care.

It is the definition of projection, they know deep down that WoW is dying and has the lowest amount of players even than WoD so because they cant handle the idea that WoW isnt top dog anymore, they like to pretend all other mmorpgs are dead, human behavior is quite sad if you observe it for a while.

1 Like

WoW is trash these days, but the alternatives aren’t better.

Might be time to just switch genres. Buy a console or something.

I know you’re frustrated with your game, I can’t change that. It’s a personal thing, I think. But this has me curious. I would be interested to see what the math comes out to on this grind. I think anything sub 10% dps loss for most players is negligible. And I don’t see an additional minor slot contributing 10% dps. (My charts usually show them around 4-6% tops, e.g. ancient flame from the Crucible minor). Though I’d want to read what you use for this statement: im not reading everyone’s logs so I can easily miss something.

If folks are wanting to push content, then the game becomes more an investment of available time and less an expenditure of free time.

My experience has been that proper fight-mechanic execution and talent choice/dps rotation is far more critical than an increase in ilevel/additional minor. The ability to properly position, maximize burst windows, pre-pot etc etc is critical to maximizing dps - and I don’t think this requires a grind per se.

2 Likes

That’s the issue, external system these days account to almost more than 50% of your character’s power, in the past it was just about gear, now it is locked behind grinds.
See the math here

When most of your DPS comes from external systems, its hopeless

I really hope you are trolling. You’re completely wrong.

1-10 new starting zone experience coming with SL
10-50 pick a previous expansion.
50-60 Shadowlands.

Ha.

1 Like