There's no reason for new players to invest into this game

I used to sub swtor. I just play as a preferred player now.

Well if you can’t find more than 36 players you should think about leaving the starting zone.

You forgot superior classes, which are major parts of the gameplay for any mmorpg : )
Which by extension also makes the pvp far superior and more fun than current WoW.

Uh oh. Got me. Im still level 7

:roll_eyes:

theres more than 36 ppl in the D2 lobby and they’ve pretty much been abandoned by all but the truly hardcore and bots

his just upset that you are shattering his perceptions that WoW is not losing people

I may be terrible at PvP, but i hardly mind it getting killed, since that’s expected.

Last i raided was back in WoD, I hardly Raided or did anything with a guild ever since. i’m just a casual, doing my WQ’s, low difficulty dungeons and such.

Nobody for the most part seemed to have a problem with my performance really. While i’m not good, i haven’t heard too many complaints about me, and when i do, i attempt to correct my mistakes and get better from it.

Well that’s good, considering your praising is an EA game. :slight_smile: /s

But moving on from the labels. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I enjoy WoW for it’s content, it’s trappings and such like minigames, with it’s starightforward nature to it, and stretching over 16 years worth of content. WoW does have problems, infact BFA, and Legion are the weakest points of WoW in my opinion, (not enough to quit, but just enough to ignore the story) but it’s pretty much the only MMO i can ever stand to play cause theirs really no other MMO like WoW.

SWTOR, while i don’t hate it, infact, it came surprisingly close to WoW, and while i did enjoy Dragonage Origins and do like Star Wars Games (pre 2013), this one, just doesn’t click with me. And that’s fine really. I have my preferences and you have yours.

And While i hate EA games, SWTOR is doing pretty good from what i heard, and they have been turning it around with Apex Legends and their own Single-player Star Wars Dark Souls/Uncharted kind of game on Steam: Fallen Order. All they really need to do is make The Sims 5 like the Sims 3 but much better and Skate 4, Release NFS Underground 1,2, Most Wanted (2005) and Carbon, The Sims 1 and 2, and Skate 1 - 3 on Steam without the stupid MTX, and put Anthem, Battlefield 5, EA’s Battlefront 2(017) and all their Sports games to rest, like they did with their studios, cause those games in particular are all poop. :grin:

1 Like

Oh im not defending wow. At all. I know its bleeding. Over the last 4 months ive watched my friends list go from dozens of people to 4 or 5 and they are playing classic. Anecdotal, but still.

the ways things are going I doubt Leeroy Jethro Gibbs, MacGyver and the entire Leverage team could help WoW at this point

Everyone is having this experience. Most of my guildmates across 6 servers are gone; my 15 year friends list is dark.

We’ve all gone to Classic or other games.

It’s some weird internet thing that young people made up so I could feel old. :unamused:

1 Like

Haha, I didn’t want to ask my kids in case they called me
 ‘Boomer’!

(I’M NOT!!!)

1 Like

Yeah. I bailed as soon as guild got heroic Jaina down. I was so disenchanted with the game direction and the struggles to maintain a raid roster I just quit cold turkey.

I just returned from an affair with my ps4.

Time to grind essences, i guess. :sob:

While I agree WAY too much stuff gets removed from the game for completely arbitrary reasons, I have learned that I have to live with the fact that I’ll never have EVERYTHING if I play Blizzard games. Doing so would require doing nothing but playing them 24/7, 365. It’s been hard for me, but now I can enjoy my favorite game again. And WoW is STILL the best. Sometimes the systems suck, sometimes decisions aren’t great. The gameplay is still best in class. The world itself, the art, the music (especially the music) the voice acting, all the little things that make it what it is
well, FFIXV and ESO will just never have it.

1 Like

Subjectively speaking i hope?

Other MMO’s aren’t dead. If anything, i would bet they do aknowledge other MMO’s exist, but they simply don’t have any interest in them and just prefer WoW.

Can you explain how the classes are superior? i’m legitimately curious to know.

Ah yes because all the ARR zones in FXIV are popping. Hell, even in Classic Barrens was dead 6 weeks in. Old zones are dead zones. This is nothing new.

Idk man, i’m relatively new, just started about 8-9 months ago and i’m enjoying the game so far so

5 Likes

Gonna need a citation for that one big boy.

2 Likes

MoP, plenty of skills, big rotations, a ton of utility and defensive cds used to outplay bad players, class resource systems that you can fail big time if you are bad, depth, something WoW has lost a long time ago.

Oh and almost all utility/cds are not on the gcd, and surprise, there’s no issue with “one shot macros” existing if you know how to design classes well.

Wasn’t MoP the era of Arms Warriors killing people in 3 globals because of Sudden Death procs? Charge+Colossal Smash+Execute+Execute. Wow got me there buddy.

Look at how skillfully the Warrior played here. Fully utilizing that kit and outplaying his opponents.

1 Like

Huh? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Okay let me get this straight:

• The Classes in SWTOR have a large amount of skills and abilities, including utility and defense CDs, most of them are off GCD, which lends themselves to bigger rotations to keep up with.
  • it has Class resource systems that will punish you if you make a mistake.
  • No one shot Macros.

Well subjectively, i can see somebody preferring this kind of gameplay. I prefer WoW’s gameplay really, of coarse that’s just my preference.

I was hoping you get into more detail explaining why these are good and superior to WoW then just a sentence and a half.