There was a topic here

…since the demo of warcraft 3

4 Likes

but you said centuries.
when the horde didn’t even existed.
:thinking:

Trolls have been getting screwed over for centuries

Hell part of the rise of the night elves was the destruction of all troll civilizations.

15 Likes

Dear Night Elves,

Only one genocide? Please, get on our level.

Signed; Trolls.

32 Likes

Geez I love you
Almost forgot, when the Darkspear will reclaim their forests back? I’ve been waiting for their rise for years. What a fool!
But of course, they are trolls, why would they have an entire patch dedicated to revenge and resumption of their homes when they do not even have a leader? Fair

2 Likes

You might wanna up his rating now he’s that he’s got several dozen bites

Man the narrative treats trolls like crap. The Amani and Gurubashi had actual legitimate reasons for why they attacked quelthalas and stormwind (Amani has the elves defile there holy grounds to build a city, Gurubashi had the bloody KING OF STORMWIND KILL THE GURUBASHI WARLORDS SON) and yet they are still portrayed as plain old evil villains for wanting stuff like there ancestral lands back, and NOT HAVING THEIR FAMILY BE USED AS SPORT BY THE STORMWIND NOBILITY.

Seriously, troll gets there entire civilizations shattered by invaders, forced to leave there sacred and ancestral lands, and are villified for trying to reclaim what was stolen from them and avenging there family, and get killed by murder hobos for the vile crime of… having some shiny things a human redneck wanted.

23 Likes

Well, I only consider it a “bite” if someone replies to the topic seriously. We were doing well at first only making meme replies, but yeah it looks like one or two bites in the beginning got more bites later. Oh well. Fair’s fair, I’ll award points accordingly.

Hah! When was this, Warcraft III when pretty much the entire Alliance faction gets wiped out by the Scourge and only by the frankly plot-convenicence-only resurrection of the long dead Stormwind it came back for WoW?

And yet those bad guys never seem to get a comeuppance unless they also decide to turn on the Horde as well.

Outrage over what, exactly? Your faction gets win after win after win, then when the Alliance fights you to a draw once that makes us “even” somehow. The only thing I’ve seen you guys complain about is the idea that you can’t have your cake and eat it too. The WC is either totally awesome in everything (don’t even pretend that isn’t a significant number of people on here), or she’s awful but you don’t want her beaten anyway since An’she forbid the Alliance actually does some significant damage without Horde assistance.

Sure doesn’t seem to stick, all the trolls we seemingly wipe out just come back to kill us the next time their area becomes relevant. Darkshore, anyone?

I don’t remember Varian getting the killing shot on an expansion boss. Heck he had to stop Thrall from getting a second, and even then it was only delayed.

1 Like

This is some of that “new math” right? Where 1 member kingdom out of seven or eight (depending on whether you’re combining Ironforge and Gnomeregan or not) equals “much of the Alliance”?

You don’t have to wipe 'em out or you couldn’t make your original complaint about the night elves in the first place. Or your bad attempt to try and claim Stormwind was completely destroyed by the Scourge “until Blizzard retconned it.” Starting to lose track of your spin already, man? That’s just amateur hour.

1 Like

There’s no use complaining about what happens to your race. Just look at the story as a whole, and show interest even if it’s about races you don’t play. Heck, I’ve always played Alliance, but I enjoyed learning more about Horde lore, and one of my favorite WoW novel to this day is Rise of the Horde

-All of WC2
-Invasion of Draenor
-MoP

Just to name a few of the times the Horde was just there to get beaten up by the Alliance. And if we want to get technical, the battle for Undercity when Varian wanted to kill putress as well as slaughter the Forsaken, and the rest of the Horde to reclaim Lordaeron for the Alliance.

All the people orchestrating the crimes eventually got their comeuppance:

-Blackhand was dethroned by Doomhammer
-Gul’dan was torn apart by demons when he betrayed the Horde
-Ner’zhul felt his entire physical body torn apart
-Garrosh was imprisoned and eventually killed

Who hasn’t gotten comeuppance? And why would those turning against the Horde get the same comeuppance as those who ordered the crimes in the first place? They show the nobility of the Horde, that not everyone is a despicable monster and there are some who still wish to find redemption.

Is winning really what it’s all about to you? Cuz I can care less about winning if we constantly have to rely on cheap tactic after cheap tactic. Who the hell cares about winning? If the writing wasn’ inconsistent trash, the Alliance would have won this war already due to the following:

• Superior numbers
  • Firepower and better tech
  • More experienced generals/commanders
  • Stronger ties to outside organizations(ie Cenarion Circle, Wild Gods, Naruu, Fire elementals, ect.)
  • Stronger individual races (nearly every Alliance power house a substantially powerful standing army with the exception of the gnomes who work closely in tandem with the dwarves)
  • Much better organized and stronger unity between nations

I could go on and on about how much more vastly the superior of a fighting force the Alliance should be right now, not to mention that I still don’t believe the Horde has recovered much since the Darkspear rebellion, but due to fandom, the Horde isn’t allowed to lose because Sylvanas needs to look smart when she’s acting like the most irrational moron on the planet.

No, we’ve been complaining about the fact that we’re fuking bad guys…AGAIN!

Idk who’s posts you’ve been reading, but I’ve been arguing that our WC is a completely irrational buffoon for months now and that the narrative constantly bends over backwards to make her stupidity seem logical or “pragmatic” and due to her being a fan favorite, I doubt she’ll actually be subjected to the consequences she’s earned through the numerous Warcrimes she’s committed.

Idk where you were at when Tirion saved the entire group from the Lich King in ICC and when the ghost of an Alliance King rezzes all of us or when Velen came in to cleanse the Blood Elves Sunwell for them. How about when Maiev canonically stole the kill on Illidan in BC. Do I need to go on, Alliance-aligned figures have done plenty, gotta give credit where it’s due.

15 Likes

No Faction, Race or class has really had a great time this expansion.

We are all having to repeat a story we have done before and blizzard are doubling down on the themes for it.

Night elves sure got hit hard this expansion however you have to remember Humans have lost multiple towns and keeps over the last few expansions. Night elf players have to stop acting like the world is all against them and be happy that at least get the chance to fight back.

I feel for horde players as well, its not fun going through the same repeated story of being the bad guys. All the while knowing the Alliance is likely gonna have to come in and save them from the bad warchief again.

Alliance is being held back what is essentially a Neutral leader and told we aren’t even allowed to want to defeat the Horde. We are told we need to save them, to fight back would make us monsters.

Blizzard really screwed up the narrative of this expansion on a number of levels and it has ended up not compelling for either faction.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The night elves are probably the strongest of the races. Certainly in what we’re told they do.

And it still takes the entire Horde army AND a dues ex machina to deal with Malfurion and the Darnassus City Guard.

We have a tendency to only hang out with the night elves when they’re getting trounced (and get told about their trouncing of others by quest text if at all), which is probably where some of the ire comes from. When all the pathos and defeats are on screen, and the triumphs are mentioned in the passing… It’s maybe not the most delightful.

2 Likes

I agree with this, It would be nice to have a battle where the Nightelves manage to get a good win in game. Hopefully darkshore will end up being this in later patches.

1 Like

Depends what they want out of the story. If you want to play a Horde character that tries to be some where on the good side of the scale, there’s really nothing for you this expac. You know the stuff you’re doing is bad, the devs tell you it’s bad, the narrative in game or in novels tell you you’re bad, even Horde lore characters tell you you’re bad. That’s why I have avoided playing and leveling my Horde characters for the most part. I took one through the Zandalar zone quests (which were pretty good) but got immediately turned off at the first war campaign mission.

I don’t like the current NE story, but I can still play them. Even if my character won’t get vengeance, I do feel like I’m working towards it. There’s a motivation, something that is 100% lacking for my Horde toons.

15 Likes

I for one am mostly just ignoring the war story in favor of the Zandalar story if only because at least we’re unambiguously doing good things in Zandalar. Sadly, we have to do at least part of the war campaign to get world quests unlocked, and the there are only so many Zandalar questlines to do.

And I’m not looking forward to inevitably having to watch Rastakhan die to the Alliance. He really does not deserve that. It would be great if Blizz was at least not just rehashing MoP. I just hope it turns out to not be the case, preferably in a believable way.

Hey, remember the first time the Horde was conquered, mass Orc Genocide happened, and the remainder were either put into concentration camps or went into hiding? Or the time, Jaina got sick of Violet and decided to paint Dalaran Red with the blood of the Sin’Dorei, whether innocent or not?
:thinking: Hmm? Apparently not.

3 Likes

. . . you forgot to mention Camp Taurajo.

5 Likes

Zul’Jin was going to attack both Alliance and horde for their ties with the blood elves. Even a Darkspear got attacked.

I’m pretty sure the warlord’s son was killed in an attempt to end the war between humans and trolls. The Gurubashi also lose sympathy since they turned to a Loa so evil even the Zandalari had to fight them.