There was a topic here

RP forum -->

13 Likes

My guess here would be Saurfang, (possibly Sylvanas? but I wouldn’t bet on it) wasn’t too keen on the idea of using Blight or other some such chemical weapons in such close proximity to their own troops. Ofc we see this is not an issue later at Lordaeron, but here I feel like at least at this point Saurfang or maybe even some other upper ranking commander or group of CO’s might have got this to stop. Blighting is great if you want to kill everything but maybe not so great if you’re then asking your own troops to move up and secure that blighted ground.

Yeah I don’t know why we didn’t see this either. There was that Goblin hunter though, with his crab pet, I forgot his name, clickers? clackers? Anyways I thought he was cool.

But I could see Gallywix being like, “Sure, want to use this awesome Goblin-tech in your war? Not a problem but it’s gonna cost ya’!”

And then Sylvanas being like yeah efff that I’m sticking with cheaper grunts lol

There are some mages around I think most notably when they freeze the Falfarren but yeah I don’t recall the Nightborne or Blood Elves having much presence. I don’t recall them touching on it in A Good War or Elegy but I would guess most Blood Elves that are not player characters mostly stick to Silvermoon and the Eastern Kingdoms, and that there wasn’t enough time to move a significant amount of Nightborne from Suramar to Kalimdor.

I would have loved to have seen some more Iron Horde-type stuff involved in the battle!

2 Likes

I would have loved to see Iron Stars used to destroy the tree. Because it would have looked cooler, and been more plausible than what happened.

3 Likes

I’m surprised. I didn’t think Droite would be the one to bite.

1 Like

When you are made the villains in your own story, demoralizing you to the point where you can’t care about how much you win, or some other Alliance complaint, then you can be upset.

19 Likes

Horde players hate being badguys, and Alliance players hate being losers.

In BFA the Horde gets to be the biggest badguys ever, and the Alliance gets to be the biggest losers ever! YAAAAAYYYYYY

23 Likes

Night Elves have it bad, but the Horde also has it bad.

Both factions are suffering from this war so i don’t think blaming the playerbase is something we should be doing.

21 Likes

It’s almost like they are trying to make us sick of it all, but at the same time they say things that suggest we should not be. This expansion is just very confusing for me.
Should I cheer on burning the tree or be cheering on saurfang rebelling?

4 Likes

I sure do love this wild train I’m forced to take a ride on. I absolutely do love doing all of these abhorrent things that I have no control over and then told I’m a bad character for doing it. I am over the moon about the fact that we’re doing a faction war immediately after the Legion invasion.

I sure do love a logistics lacking, sense absent, morale draining, eye roll inducing, overstayed-its-welcome story.

/sarcasm

I’m going to side with Hackbrew on this. Imagine gatekeeping the concept of being upset over being given a subpar story that you’re asked to pay $15 a month for.

7 Likes

I will have admit that I truly did have to take a break from the game after the whole tree burning thing - struck me to the core. I play both factions, however, I started playing Alliance when I first started the game, so, a lot of the things that happened to the NE was bit hard to handle.

I didn’t have the same reaction to UC though, which, kind of puzzled me - all I could see was that the Dark Lady has gotten even more unhinged in the brain pan and I’m putting some distance between myself and the Warchief.

I think Blizzard really went over the edge on some of this stuff and it did dishearten me for both factions. It’s not the player’s faults, it’s the writing from Blizzard that is trying so desperately to make this War be the thing - however, most of my characters on both sides have gone a bit neutral.

3 Likes

Or a big Goblin cannon with a golden smirking Gallywyx face.

An azerite warhead launched by Goblin rocket tech into Teldrassil and watching it burst into splintered flames would have been logical compared to catapults hitting the bark from near miles away.

6 Likes

Hear. hear.

2 Likes

The Old Gods in Irvine are the real enemy.

3 Likes

Sargeras is right. Reset the universe.

10 Likes

Both Horde and Alliance have problems with their narratives.
We all get to complain.

Rather than fight each other how about we agree on certain things and make sure Blizzard hears our concerns?

9 Likes

Sounds like you’re mad that you don’t get to hump that tree anymore, Elf.

5 Likes

guys, if we are so upset about the story, blizzard only knows one language. money.
unsub, i am sorry but it is true.
they don’t listen to feedback, so let’s see how they do it if no one wants to take their stupid fanfiction of story as canon.

if we give them money for a garbage story that we don’t enjoy they will think that they are doing it right.

8 Likes

But don’t you realzie, Irenaus? They’ve sacrificed everything. What have we given?

By the way OP, your terms seem weird. The Horde has been sacrificed to prop up the humans for WAY longer than just eight years. We’ve been doing that since the 1st WC2 expansion. And your requirement about the Horde needing to be genocide fodder for. . . the Horde just sounds like a weak attempt at impossible win condition. Something you’d just constantly weasel around even if it came to pass.

6 Likes

Horde needs to be genocide fodder?

The Trolls have been playing that role for centuries.

9 Likes

and when the darkspear trolls were genocided ?

1 Like