There should only be 3 druid races

Druids are mostly nature mages/witches to me. Wish more races got it. Especially since they have astral magics.

technically there is only 2 druid races tauren ( this includes highmountain tauren) and night elves. the worgen have harvets witchs the trolls are loa priests( both types of trolls) when it comes to the other non playable druids blood elves have botanists which is their version they also dont have paladins they are blood knights. tauren dont have paladins they are sunwalkers. night elves technically have paladins that arnt playable. there is a lore justification for more druid races exist heck even more for paladins and other classes.

Don’t make stuff up. Thanks.

Yep only 1 race of druid for the Alliance… Chespin Sunday was <— That way. Worgen druids are here to stay my dear I know it hurts you so it makes it that much better. In fact the Worgen race as a whole is here to stay no matter how much you want us gone. Nice try though.

1 Like

While I generally find myself on the “No” side of most “I want new class/race combo x!” demands, it’s really because they mostly fail to justify it within the world and lore.

To me, that’s the discussion to have. How would you justify new classes, what would it take, and is it feasible? And no, “Oh, well [Race X] just teaches [Race Y]!” isn’t a justification. That’s how you end up with the Monk, a class with no identity beyond, “Pandas and Panda-Wannabes”

Class and race combination need to have meaning and reflect back on both sides of the equation. If the combination dilutes or contradicts either side, it’s a bad combination and shouldn’t exist. The stronger the identities involved, the more divergent the class vs. the race, the more work needs to be done and go into it in order to justify it.

Don’t just slap a handful of ambiguous unvoiced dialog lines from an NPC “Some Guy” and call it good. Do the work! Tell the story. Show the impetus and impact and importance of it. The champions, the naysayers, the supporters, the break-away antagonists who take things too far… A new class on an existing race should never just be a boolean value in an availability table - it should tell a story that magnifies both the class and the race.

Do that, do that well, and sure. I’ll buy into your new class combination. I might even play it.

Fail, and you’ve damaged both the race and the class and the game and world are lesser for it.

I have noticed that a lot of complaints like this revolve around people using the class name because that is what Blizzard uses due to mechanics, but here is how, as far as druids, the lore actually goes:

Zandalar Trolls: Dinomancers, not the druids of old but those that take the shape of dinosaurs likely via a connection to the loa
Kul’tiras: Thornspeakers, a potentially darker side of druidism but one that is just as viable as a reason.

I actually took monk to be more a martial artist with ties to mystical energies, so very able to be taught to just about anyone. After all, one reason for Mag’har orcs was a clan of brawlers who used mostly their fists and feet, thus meeting the martial artist requirement, not the players fault Blizzard allows all players of a class to be all specs (I.E. the class might make sense, but the spec, like Holy forsaken priests, can be a bit of a stretch).

1 Like

No one cares, sorry.

Tauren and Night Elves are the only staples.

KT can stay
HMT can stay.

Worgen and Trolls GTFO.

Welcome to the Club Mag’har Orcs and Dwarves.

Ok everyone can stay but we don’t want the Irish.

2 Likes

Druids welcome any race willing to embrace nature. For some odd reason its really only Tauren Druids who QQ about other races who get to be Druids. I mean I know why Chespin is crying they just hate Worgen in general but this is probably one of the worst things I’ve heard. Yes I am more a Harvest Witch than a druid but druid off shoots are a thing just look at Thornspeakers and Dinomancers. Same idea they just lump them in with Druid for the sake of not having to make a new class and color every time.

I wasn’t late do you honestly think this was the first time I made a thread like this. I wasn’t the first either alot of druids were pissed back in the day, the feeling of being robbed was common.

2 Likes

Umm…you’re saying that your years of gameplay mean absolutely nothing because of another race?

Nice xenophobia.

I’m going to just report the level 20 forum troll with extremely low quality bait.

/AggravatedMoo
:cow::anger:

1 Like

That is a nice beefy boomkin.

2 Likes

I think they missed some huge bulletpoints for Dwarf Druids argument.

• Instead of Teleport: Moonglade Dwarf Druids get Teleport: Tavern

• Dwarf Bear Form is just the Female Dwarf Model

4 Likes

I just love the sense of entitlement that a player feels that in order to please their delicate sensitivities that a bunch of other players should be forced to give up their characters.

2 Likes

What I love is people defending the entitled while simultaneously criticizing someone else for being entitled. How can you ignore the actual fact that the newer druid races are entitled beyond believe. So much was changed for their existence and that’s before the 10,000’s of hours spend cramming them into the game. Adding these newer race/class combo’s didn’t create massive influx of players anyway.

Typically people complain that Blizzard isn’t creating enough content then go out of the way to defend these type of “content”. I like my fantasy worlds to have cultures, history and biases. I don’t want a world where insane things can happen it’ll be like LOTR changing Froddo to a 8 foot tall orc called Dolly.

All the current druid races have lore reasons. Night elves were the original Cenarion druids. Tauren learned from the night elves. Trolls picked up druidism through their loas. Zandalari trolls are the same way. Kul Tiran humans can become druids due to the Drust magic. Worgen were original Gilnean harvest witches who went on to learn true druidism from the night elves.

2 Likes

Wtb Undead Druids

Really, the lore for these race/class combos is in the game, books, etc.

If you take issue with them being called druids, ask for their actual background to be used for the race;
Zandalari- Dinomancer
Kul’tiran-Thornspeaker

Darkspear trolls both learned it through their loa and joined the circle (Zen’kiki quest line in WPL in Cata shows this)

Worgan are both harvest withces and the result of a druid form, pack form, going wild

Complaints like this tend to come across as “they are coming out of no where” and when the lore for it is pointed otu “I don’t like that lore, so it does not count”

What is insane about different sources of power? what is insane about cultures evolving? There are some things I might question if they happen, like forsaken druids, but all current druid races have lore to back them up, deal with it.

2 Likes