There should only be 3 druid races

Druid is a heavy lore-based class and having too many feels bloated and unrealistic. It’s lost all mysticism and uniqueness if every man and his dog has a “history” with it. The newer druidic races weren’t organic changes it was forced because blizzard falsely believe there was money to be made. The worse thing about it is the majority of people don’t even notice the novelty of their race after an hour of gameplay so really it’s pointless to cater to these people.

There’s the exceptions of course but who cares about them. Besides if blizzard implemented a druidic line you were able to follow and change your racials there’s barely any difference except you’ll be killing two birds with one stone by giving those already playing druid content and attracting new people.

As an old druid player with the addition of the newer “druidic” races I’ve gotten zero gameplay hours from it. Zero…all those tens of thousands of man hours went to waste all because someone wanted to look slightly different on a shapeshifting class… If you own a cafe you don’t ignore your regular who pays $30 dollars a week over someone who MAY tip you $100 also you’ll probably won’t see them for another 2-3 years.

Now I honestly suggest remove kul tiras, darkspear and worgen from the game, books, lore. Time to trim the fat oh for those who believe it’s unfair well you know how I feel.

4 Likes

As a Nelf Druid from Vanilla onward…

25 Likes

So you’re going to let them take guardian Druid, change it into some dragon esque tank build and give it to Evokers?

How kind of you!

5 Likes

So Zandalari Dino Druids are fine?

2 Likes

Yep kind of essential for the Zandaliari race so they make the cut

2 Likes

sorry but your just a bit too late on the whole racially restricted classes and I mean they threw the lore out the window a few expansions ago though it doesnt sound like you got the memo

16 Likes

What do you really want to happen to the existing druids of other races? Just delete them or convert their race without giving them a choice? Are you serious?

Your post has the same energy as this:

11 Likes

98% of players don’t care about lore. Not to mention, I think race/class/faction restrictions are bad anyway. In the WoW universe there’s never been a Gnome Warlock who was a traitor and ended up an Undercity resident? Or an Undead Priest who resented no longer being welcome in his previous Alliance temples, etc.?

Or, a Dwarf child whose clan died in a mine collapse and was taken in by a tribe of Druids or something, for that matter?

13 Likes

Nah remove Druids from Taurens and Trolls instead.

6 Likes

In DnD (the OG fantasy game) every race can be a Druid. And guess what? It’s fine.

Being a Druid isn’t tied to a bloodline, race or even personal creed. You need to be willing to LEARN about Druidism magic and have a respect for nature. Orcs as a WHOLE might not be connected to Nature, but A Orc, YOUR Orc can be.

It amazes me that in 2022 people are still trying to limit creativity instead of encouraging it.

16 Likes

Nah we should remove you from the game.

13 Likes

Nothing like closing the barn door after the horse has run off.

1 Like

“Let’s put even more limits on what players can do! They’ll love that!”

6 Likes

They aren’t making new Druid races to appeal to the existing Druid players happy with their race.
Like, what?
They’re for people who are interested in Druid but dislike the current options.

So when you say:

I’m sat here like… yeah? so what? is that supposed to be an issue?

4 Likes

This is the crusade you want to push? As someone already said it before. You cannot have both ways.

2 Likes

I should clarify, I was being wholly sarcastic =p

1 Like

Muh lore.

lmao.

3 Likes

Weird how this would leave alliance with one druid race and horde with three :thinking:

8 Likes

This suggestion is selfish, and not very well thought out. You’re a day late and a dollar short, the milk has been spilt, and the horse has fled the barn.

What other recent race/class additions can you also suggest should be removed, that would disenfranchise thousands of players? How about…taking away gnome hunters? Disallowing every race from being Death Knights? Oh, I know! Let’s take the paladin class away from your race. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

How about…no.

2 Likes

Malfurion isn’t the first Druid and cenarius based Druidism is a lie. Loa Druidism 4 lyfe.

2 Likes