There is no point in medium core

True, but it still disappears from the server you had originally gotten it for and either way it’s taken out of the HC economy.

I still don’t see the problem here.

If there’s a stupid take here it’s this. Go reread the ‘Rules of Engagement’ and think for a bit. There’s more differences that you’re pointing out here. Big ones, that will affect how the game is played and the community that grows on those servers.

For someone who has been so vocal in these hardcore threads, some of what others have been saying have been flying right over your head, and/or you do not understand the current rule set nor the the principles of why they’re adhered to by so many.

i dont think you understand. Trading and AH were ONLY restricted because it was impossible to track softcore and hardcore. If everyone is HC its irrelevant to restrict them.

Why do you think duos and trios can open trade?

1 Like

Wrong

AH open = I can at level 10 get mats from world areas with level 30 mobs and boost up my engineering or other crafting way beyond what I should be able to for a CHALLENGE mode

3 Likes

lol, creating hypothetical situations in your head that cant even happen for multiple months

stick to your hardcore death appeals my man

4 Likes

I would be interested in seeing what you believe those might be. Care to elaborate?

2 Likes

cool man, simple solution: don’t play on the hc servers

1 Like

only work around to this really is

you either continue using addon to play or play official HC servers. despite i don’t want trading/ah i will be playing official servers. why? because of all the things that annoy me with HC verification it’s usually the ones that are cheating the addon and trading.

the biggest issue i hate about not trading really is just basic stuff like having gear or items i don’t need and vendor price is low, or needing items for professions that i can’t otherwise level such as enchanting where i need rods from BS. it does get tiring leveling alchemy, herbalism, engineering, etc… all the time on all my toons. sometimes i do just want to chill pick up something that isn’t say BiS but has it’s uses like tailoring for the robes, LW for the gear, etc… maybe eventually drop them down the road

Avoid doing dungeons, or do them once a week.

Decline trades from someone 3levels higher than you.

Don’t allow yourself trades for 24hrs or possibly longer.

Decline a trade that has items that you cannot yet wear, and of course decline trades if it includes rare and/or epic items.

Or also can just decline trade all together. I can’t remember as of right now but I’m pretty sure that is an option you can select in the game to decline all trade. Could be wrong though.

Do not use the AH.

There you have it. The hardcore rule set you want. Enjoy and have fun!

All I see here is that you admitting that you are unable to impose self appointed set of rules to follow by and will cheat yourself out of an experience you claim to want.

At level 10, don’t get mats from the AH that you wouldn’t be able to normally get so that you can maintain YOUR challenge you want.

6 Likes

I’ll start with this, and it’s mostly because the ruleset and challenge were created on existing normal servers that had no actual systems in place for hardcore. Then as it increased in popularity, people jumped on the bandwagon and continued what existed, and then feared doing anything different due to peer pressure, really.

Alright, so…

1. Death is permanent systemically, with no exceptions for appeal, although there is an option for transferring the character off the server with no return after death.

2. PvP is now fully opt in, with people being unable to flag accidentally, unless attacking NPCs, though to engage another player both parties must be flagged prior.

3. Battlegrounds are disabled, and weren’t a concern for HC on other servers to begin with.

4. Various quests were fixed to remove auto flagging in order to prevent grief and unintended PvP, as well as many NPCs are no longer able to be attacked.

5. Mobs are no longer able to be leashed long across zones, again to prevent grief.

6. Dungeons are now systemically on a lock of 24 hours, prevent players to spam completely. The current rule is one dungeon ID per character across the life of said character, something that is entirely personal and can still be upheld.

7. Buff and debuff limits were removed, which isn’t really anything to do with hardcore, but is actually a great change for Classic overall.

8. Bubble hearth mechanics and self resurrection spells are now systemically shut down, which is in line with the addon ruleset.

9. And lastly there’s duel to the death, completely new feature for fun, an anti-grief clause and all content from the get-go instead of phases which is how it’s been on era.

So, what’s…

Because as I listed, all of them are either in line, or similar to the current servers hardcore is played on, where you have no issues because… It’s self enforced.

Trust me, nothing is going over my head. I just think it’s ridiculous how much people strict to the addon care about what others do as if it affects their own accomplishments. For some reason people seem to believe it’s absolutely unthinkable that they have to continue self enforcing extra rules on a new server that actually has at least some systems in place to actually enforce the ruleset.

TLDR; If you are against the AH, don’t use it. If you are against trading, don’t do it. If you’re against multiple dungeon runs, don’t run them. The server will play exactly the same as current normal realms beyond not having the chance to cheat death and appeal, or grief others.

Stop caring how others play hardcore, it does not affect you.

5 Likes

I agree that SSF was fun, but it was only necessary because the server itself wasn’t hc and thus non-hc toons could impact the economy.

Grouping - greatly reduces the toxicity of world quests and turns experience from ‘fighting for tag’ to getting together to kill a monster. It is a much better experience.

Trading - Is lots of fun and it is enjoyable to give gear to others / buy small upgrades. It doesn’t really matter is a lesser magic wand is 60 linen or 15silver it is trivial regardless.

AH - is fun also. The only op that is perhaps in the game is mailbox in non-major cities, since you can easily protect gold through death if you wish.

The main point is this: Players that make it to 60 can do it whether it is SSF or not. Players that struggle will struggle regardless. SSF makes the game a tiny bit harder in exchange for a lot more toxicity, it just isn’t worth it on a sever in which we have official no rez.

3 Likes

HC perma level 20 andies trying to ruin their own fun wcyd. Remove half the game bc “ez”

The game is not hard. It is hard for YOU, who can’t pass level 30

1 Like

You could always try HC Skyrim if you want a single player game.

4 Likes

but nooo
i might take an arrow to the kneel
and there’s no appeals

3 Likes

Oh please, wow-professions.com can help you “power level” your professions without needing to use the AH. Sure, it offers some (not all) AH suggestions (but I, personally, don’t use the AH) and at level 12 my Engineering is at Level 100 and I’m wearing those cute Goggles :eyeglasses: :goggles:

Personally, if you know what you’re doing, professions aren’t that hard to level. They’re really not :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I do not appeal,. never have, I don’t get why people like you continuously claim that I want some appeal system, that has NOTHING to do with my post

1 Like

Did I name you, highmountain boi?
I was joking with someone else.

Stop being so sensitive or people will think you are protesting too much.*
:thinking:

*that’s a veiled reference to shakespeare don’t panic

2 Likes

@Cauchy
But I like AB.
It’s AV that’s the debil.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

AV is a parasite to society

1 Like

it doesent make it harder. Doing green quests and grey dungeons is the apex of hardcore i guess.

Just tedious and time consuming.

1 Like