There is no point in medium core

This is nuts.

First, 5k threads begging for HC servers.

Then when Blizzard decides to give them to you, you whine, cry, and threaten to not play anymore. The SAME exact thing you were saying before the announcement.

Good Lord, and you folk wonder why no one listens or cares what you have to say, you are NEVER happy, will NEVER be happy, and why should anyone bend over backwards to make the rules to suit you?

This world has gone to the dogs, sheesh.

19 Likes

This is such a bad faith argument I don’t even know where to begin with this. How in the nine hells does wanting an auction house suddenly mean we’re all going to be doing RMT? What even would be the point of spending real money on a server where one tiny screw up can end your whole character?

Why would someone wanting to play hArDcOrE sour their own experience by buying money?

3 Likes

Why would anybody cheat in any game ??

They wanna win at any cost. And they are bad at it and can’t win without cheating.

You seriously think people won’t cheat in HC if they can because it’s HC ??

4 Likes

I don’t think many people will cheat at all if a random bit of lag makes a real monetary investment disappear.

3 Likes

Lol. Most people against trading don’t even have a 60 to begin with. Never met a 60 HC player who thinks trading is bad.

Idc about AH, I’d do with or without but I’m tryna play wow too, not leave half the game out cause some spam Westfaller thinks trading is bad

3 Likes

It doesn’t disappear.
You can mail, you can trade, you can have bank alts who hold the gold you buy and the spare items you want so if you die your next toon can use them

3 Likes

I see it a lot in souls discussions. “You summoned help for that boss, you didn’t really beat the game.” “You used the mimic that the developers intentionally put into the game, you were playing easy mode.” They’re a tiny, insignificant minority, but they are loud. This poor guy will have to find validation for his self worth in something besides his easy video game achievements, poor thing.

4 Likes

What the OP is saying is that Blizzard is not giving us hardcore servers. Some form of ironman for sure, but they are not giving us hardcore as the majority of the community has been playing it for years.

We’ll see what happens but if the rules are implemented as they currently stand I see Bloodsail & Hydraxian likely having healthier populations a year from now than the official hardcore servers, which really are aptly named mediumcore, if not softcore.

2 Likes

If you are allowed to group, then you will get gear with or without AH from others anyways.

They simply put just pass and you get all the shiny stuff.

So to completely remove items from other sources than your own, they would need to add solo selffound, but I am sure there will be people that would complain about this, because “this is an MMO”…

I am afraid of that as well, I did hope we could get the HC folks from our realm, as it has become a chore for non HC players.

Okay, but… why? Frankly, this is such a stupid take and I can’t understand why people keep spouting it.

You’ve been self enforcing rules on a normal server for a few years. Why is it any harder for you to self enforce those same rules on the new official HC server? If they’re self enforced then it makes literally no difference where you play… unless of course it’s all really about being able to appeal your death and cheat the one life system.

Otherwise, absolutely no difference. The addon community can gather together and live the exact same way on HC as they were on other servers, which had established communities/players/economies before they started there, unlike the fresh server for HC.

4 Likes

Just an fyi, it doesn’t disappear. You can simply free transfer it (according to the official post).

The HC addon will still be available, even on the HC realm. What is the difference ? If this is a preferred rule-set, surely there will be plenty of people doing the same thing.

There are hundreds of HC Addon SSF achievement/rules you can pursue also using the addon. So it really doesn’t impact you, really… it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Cheeky…

1 Like

With a smaller population of hardcore, this won’t be an issue. There were hardcore players on Bloodsail before the streamers arrived and it was a decent community.

If it’s still maintained.
THB, if i was playing the addon style, I’d stay on Bloodsail. The new server will be a madhouse and not worth the trouble if playing SSF. (My two copper)

grouping will hopefully clear out lower level quest spots. and the anti-griefing is a plus as I wouldn’t think they would add it to non-HC realms… but not sure.

I’ve had no issues with griefing, but it’s good that they addressed it. Once the streamer kids leave Bloodsail, I doubt this griefing will continue there.

Someone get this boy some milk. He needs to grow up to be big and strong knowing not to whine like this.

Cry more, you are lucky this fad got blizzard to do anything more than disable resurrection invested into it.

1 Like

I understand that you hold the opinion that the official Hardcore (HC) servers are inadequate and that they need to implement stricter measures. However, I respectfully disagree with your perspective. Let me explain why.

Daily dungeon resets: While it’s understandable that you want to prevent players from repeatedly farming dungeons and acquiring powerful gear too easily, implementing a weekly reset might be too infrequent. A weekly reset could hinder the progression of players who enjoy running dungeons more frequently or those who are aiming to acquire specific dungeon drops. A balance needs to be struck between allowing players to engage in dungeon content regularly and preventing excessive farming. Daily resets ensure that players have consistent opportunities to experience dungeon content without excessively benefiting from farming.

Trading limitations: While you propose restricting item trading based on level difference, imposing cooldowns, and disallowing the trading of rares and epics, it could significantly hinder player interaction and diminish the sense of community on HC servers. Allowing some level of item trading promotes collaboration, camaraderie, and player-driven economies. Trading allows players to help each other, form partnerships, and address gear gaps in their respective classes. Implementing extremely limited trading rules could lead to a more isolated and less interactive environment, which may not be desirable for the majority of players.

Auction House (AH): The inclusion of the AH on HC servers serves several purposes. It provides players with a convenient platform to buy and sell items, promotes economic activity, and encourages engagement with crafting professions. While it is true that players can acquire crafting materials that they might not be able to gather in the world due to their level restrictions, this actually enhances the gameplay experience for many. It allows players to progress in their crafting professions and participate in the economy without solely relying on their own limited resources. The AH can create a dynamic and thriving marketplace where players can trade and interact, contributing to a more vibrant and immersive game world.

In conclusion, while your suggestions aim to make HC servers more challenging and restrictive, they may inadvertently limit player interaction, hinder progression, and create a less dynamic and engaging environment. Striking a balance between challenge and player interaction is crucial for the long-term success and enjoyment of HC servers. By maintaining a level of accessibility and fostering player-driven economies, the official HC servers can cater to a broader player base and provide a more immersive and enjoyable experience for all.

2 Likes

I’ve attempted this, several times. I was doing good until a lag spike and a DC and died :sob:

2 Likes

Andy’s gonna Andy.