Theorycrafting solutions for XPOFF / XPON

Now that the dust has settled a bit perhaps we can combine all of our solutions into one thread and get it to the people that need to see it the most. Please don’t waste time posting hate for one side or the other, already 1k threads for that. This is about real workable solutions to both sides of the same coin.

Crux of the issue levelers don’t want to get roflstomped, the majority of xpoff players want competition and everyone wants fast que’s. Quick quality PvP should be the goal of both sides of this issue and its within Blizzards power to make it happen.

What needs to happen…
Encourage massive incentives for levelers to play xpoff. A separated player base is not good for anyone, but interaction should be encouraged.
In order to find a happy medium some things need to happen first.

Here are some of my idea’s and I hope everyone post theirs too.

1. XP bonus for players, 1hr for a win, 30min for a loss, at least 30% buff imo.
  2. Epic gear rewards for a win, better crate rewards make it scale through a set number of levels so it stays relevant.
  3. Low lvl PVP tokens and a PVP vendor, heirlooms, food buff, enchants, pets, toys, tabards and mounts.
  4. Title rewards and more Achievements for surviving xpoff.
  5. Epic reward quest chains that bring you into xpoff bg’s.
  6. Low level ranking systems maybe even someway it could carry over to current, this could be good for friends or guilds wanting to go pvp all the way.
  7. Monthly events like Time Walking, but xpoff related, more xp bonuses.
  8. Low Level world pvp events that randomly pop up, epic rewards.
  9. Easier in game access to join xpoff communities.
  10. Give levelers a reason to join a WarGame.

If you have any ideas to improve the situation post them here.

7 Likes

Creep why when I suggested almost all of the above in a post was I downvoted and the post was removed? (This was before the separation) This was because people did not want the separation, and the challenge it would bring.

I even chatted with a GM and he thought they were great ideas.

Titles
Mounts
Weapons
Bragging rights.
Achievements

The list can go on.

1 Like

I cant speak for that particular post, but I can tell you a majority of xpoff players would be down for a better pvp experience regardless of who is xpoff and xpon. The ones that don’t, I can speak for them.

1 Like

It is a shame your post got deleted before. It should not have been as these are all great ideas. Giving people so many reason to do BGs would really bring them alive! All brackets.

1 Like

because the leveling community dominated the BG forums then. Now its all twinks trying to stay afloat. the system working as intended (puts on aluminum hat and locks doors).

They’re not gonna do anything for xpoff, hence the xpoff sub bracket.

They don’t care and the best you can do is wait till classic and show blizz they sux

1 Like

Most likely not, but I will be vocal nonetheless…

3 Likes

Blizzard is going to ruin Classic PvP. The last three expansions support that view.

4 Likes

Theory on how to fix:

Revert all changes.

Remove the option to turn XP off. Remove all experience gain from BGs.

BGs are an experience, not a means to an end. Use them to have fun, to break up leveling. Use them as an alternate end game. Use them to hunt down some achievements, reps, and titles. Use them as they were designed well over a decade ago, as there was nothing wrong with this design.

6 Likes
1 Like

Now this is a thread that I can get behind. Pay attention Blizzard, put some meat back into the game. Make level 1 through whatever the current cap is meaningful again. The design of the game was originally like that, now it’s get to cap ASAP.

Rewards, achievements, mounts, etc for lower levels battleground sound great. They can be used as incentive, offer replay friendly content and can reinvigorate the faction pride this game was built on. In addition to cooperative team play, you can even blow the doors open further and make the rewards loosely based on attacking opposite faction twink players.

I’ll throw my hat in the ring for achievement names, coming from the perspective of an Alliance player.

[No, you ARE that kind of orc!] - Utterly destroy 100 twink orc players in battlegrounds.

Who thinks they can top THAT?

3 Likes

I believe removing XPoff completely would eliminate the whole purpose of creating a twink. Questing and rolling through dungeons searching for that perfect BiS with XPon, would guarantee you out level the item shortly after you get it. That’s the whole essence of twinking. Not to lolstomp in bgs but to acquire that long forgotten rare item through some obscure quest chain that no leveler would ever bother with anymore. At least for me it was. I’ve checked every night since the change and for both my 29 and 49 there was no “estimated time” for getting into bgs. I waited 30+ minutes with both and just gave up. Sad sad sad!

Anyway… I saw in a previous thread the suggestion of incorporating AI bots into XPoff bgs (or maybe it was this one….so many threads!) I’d be okay with that if it decreased the queue times and let me tune my gear in competitive battles. I just don’t know how that would work. Would I have team members as bots? Would I know they are bots? Would bots be fighting bots?

Now my head hurts again. Thx Bliz! :\

3 Likes

I love every one of these ideas, especially that casual players could get Uber rewards for participating in gameplay that has zero affect on the endgame…making it more enticing for others to join the fray at more than just the lowest brackets!

2 Likes

This Topic already has my suggestion.

2 Likes

Best suggestion I have seen is bring in AI, and anyone under heirloom gear will be with those AI. If you have heirlooms, or twink geared, you are in the same bracket.

4 Likes

Blizzard could even auto scan the human teams average ilvl and set the A.I.'s average ilvl to match.

1 Like

I agree, Blizz really missed the mark. With a player base willing to engage in lower level content, they could have done so much more.

Close the gap on gearing for bgs and bring the two sides together. If ppl dont want a challenge in pvp fill those games with AI.

2 Likes

This kills the battlegrounds.

Seriously though, all your suggestion does is create a noobtrap for twinks to feast on. No one except twinks and genuine newbies are going to queue for BGs if they have no gain.

2 Likes

it worked for classic

1 Like

Classic was 14 years ago. Playerbase and gaming as a whole is different now.

Plus, weren’t marks a reward from low level BGs? On top of honor actually mattering, as well.

2 Likes