The WrA Video Game Thread

I’d actually say a Darfari Warlord who borrows the positive concepts from other Black Kingdoms and other groups they encounter but rule with a distinctly Darfari style.

I found on my RP server most were a bit surprised by it and found it neat and regularly came by to RP.

Started a replay of the Mass Effect series and quickly stalled out because the first one is just so bad, you guys.

I dusted off my old Gamecube and fired up a new save in Twilight Princess. Imagine my sorrow to discover that my trusty ol’ cube is close to giving up the ghost. It still boots up, but it keeps crashing. I can get a new one on the internet but they’re all gonna be old preowned ones at this point and from what I’ve been reading most are having similar issues these days.

1 Like

was trying to do a 100% upgrade playthrough (not counting all the secrets and combat trials, but just the stuff you could pick up and find) of Doom 2016 because of my Eternal hype

missed the upgrade room by Samuel Hayden’s office because i never saw an open vent, figured i could unlock the door later, took the elevator

elevator doesn’t go back up, fam

That’s why you start with 2 instead and let the Genesis comic help. The first game didn’t age well at all.

Yeah but the save of 1 you load 2 from determines a lot of your story options and I really like how there’s that continuity.

1 Like

I think there’s a save editor?

Edit --> I’ve also downloaded save files. They’re kind of generic, but they don’t give you… default, shep. Eugh.

I got a new dog since we moved to a new place. 6 month old Pit/shep mix timid little thing and a perfect match for me. Calm and lazy and loving.

Yeah well you know who he hates?

Mr X from resident evil 2.

I was streaming the game for my cousin and some friends and Mr x bursts through the wall and startles my new dog and he just barks like crazy at him.

I take out Mr X and get out of sight and my dog stops barking.

Then begins barking again every time Mr x pops up on the screen and ONLY at mr x

7 Likes

That is a smart dog!

https://kotaku.com/ea-our-loot-boxes-are-actually-surprise-mechanics-that-1835662012

EA: They’re not loot boxes, they’re surprise mechanics

6 Likes

I don’t have a funny quip for that one, I can’t satire nearly hard enough.

2 Likes

Amid Evil will be launching out of early access soon! Can’t wait. Dusk was amazing and what I’ve seen of Amid Evil reminds me of Heretic and the Hexen games which I loved.

burn the industry to the ground, remove “we want to be esports”, get unionization for devs, kill all game-as-a-platform timesink models, etc

6 Likes

“Games as a service” needs to be burned to the ground and shot into the sun.

It’s pure cancer

3 Likes

Bernie sanders want’s game developers to unionize.

Also EA can swallow a big bag of the most vilest of something something use your imaginations the mods are schmucks.

2 Likes

Yoohoo in a can

1 Like

No Man’s Sky is super fun, and honestly a great game now. I know gamers can be vindictive, but that game really did a 180.

2 Likes

Decided to play a round as USA in HoI4 again today and decide to see how much I could break history.

The world is welcome since I got China into my faction early, crushed Imperial Japan by August 1938, shattered the Reich in mid 1941, promptly dismantled the British and French Empires in 1943 and finally uprooted Stalin and Mao by the end up 1946 when Mao restarted the Chinese Civil War.

1 Like

So, earlier today on my Conan Exiles server, the tribe who RPs as the defacto Roman group and has many similarities to Kor’kron RPers from WoW declared war on my tribe with the intent to raid my fortress.

All I can say is that it became rather clear quickly my enemy was not prepared to assault something I built to actually serve as a fortress. My Darfari Warlord watched and laughed as the ‘civilized’ imperialistic invaders bled themselves white on his wall, all while my top tier thrall fighters and archers utterly demolished what thralls managed to get through my mine field and survive gas attacks, arrows and explosions. All the fun of building in a place where enemy siege weaponry cant easily touch you.

While the enemy after a solid 30 minutes of bleeding themselves white breached the outer wall, me and my two tributaries had organized the ‘welcoming’ party with the rest of our fighter thralls and rather handily tossed them outt and looted their gear and the gear of their thrall… right before marching on their base and thoroughly sacking it since they spent all their good resources in a failed raid.

2 Likes

This sounds kind of rad.

I should really give this game a chance.

I hope you burned everything and salted the earth in your wake.

It helps in the future.