The WrA Video Game Thread

Y’all know how this goes so I’m gonna dispense the usual preamble and dive right in.

Whatcha playing, WrA? Got any cool games on the horizon you’re desperate to play? Disappointed by a recent release? Rediscovered an old flame? C’mon, let’s talk about vibeo gaemes.

Personally, I’ve been spending a lot of time with Warframe after avoiding it for a few years because I wasn’t sold on The Aesthetic, and oh man. Oh man. Easily a 10/10 for me. I love everything about it, from the gameplay, to the story, to the setting. Would recommend.

As for upcoming stuff, I’m still vibrating with hype over Cyberpunk 2077, and I’ve still got my eye on Phoenix Point… though some of the recent gameplay footage has been kinda meh, imo. But we’ll see!

10 Likes

[kicks the door in]

12 Likes

I’m ready for chuuni guntank, NeiR fanwank and bunnies. Give them to me.

Monster Hunter World is starting to fizzle out… the expansion is still like 9+ months away. Eugh.

I still haven’t made my Nergi SnS or killed the Elders, I want to but then I waffle too long and go do something else.

I’ve killed so many Nergis.

You could literally ping me at almost any time on Discord and say, “hey wanna kill ?” and I would probably come help unless I was already engaged.

As tradition demands I must open my presence in this video game thread by plugging Portal Knights.

I’ve been playing tower defense games; Kingdom Rush has become my go-to mindlessly unwind de-stress toy. There’s something therapeutic about filling a map with tesla towers. Lightning bolts for days.

And Orcs Must Die is the good clean fun everybody needs in their life. Silly, hilarious, physics-based senseless violence.

3 Likes

Recently finished Pillars of Eternity. I was a lawful good dwarf paladin. I was satisfied with it and hope to see other endings.

Divinity Original Sin 2 is a great improvement over the first one. Highly recommended - especially with friends.

My tax return has (BUY A NINTENDO SWITCH) all over it. Gonna get Breath of the Wild, Monster Hunter, and Smash.

5 Likes

targai… whens dibainoa

1 Like

I will literally play it with you tonight

Anyways I got hitman 2 the other day and I’m having a lot of fun so far. Just so many options.

I enjoyed the hitman games. Watching my little brother (he’s 20, calm down) play it showed me just how far the series has come since the first iteration of
“What do you mean I didn’t garrote them correctly? I was standing right behind them at a 0-degree angle.”

Now you can chuck a heat-seeking briefcase at them. What a time to be alive.

1 Like

I know but

I let myself get sucked back into Stardew Valley. Closing in on 300 hours played. I’ve also started poking around in Don’t Starve: Hamlet, which is literally a dream come true.

2 Likes

What are the features of Hamlet other than, I assume, a focus on pigmen? I love Don’t Starve but haven’t actually looked at it in a looong time, since Shipwrecked.

Cool!!

the black prior came out in for honor and now i have a new main to be bad at the game with

1 Like

Zelda: Breath of the Wild still has my attention right now. The DLC for it is also very great, and it’s well worth the price tag of 20$.

I’m still playing Destiny 2 as well, trying to do the new Exotic questline for the Last Word hand cannon. Gave The Binding of Isaac a try on my Switch, but I haven’t gotten really far I think.

Also for those who enjoy Smash on Switch, I’m definitely interested in playing ith new folks. :smiley:

If I can peel myself off of KH3 this weekend I will let you know.

Zelda: BotW was my first Zelda game and I put a good ~60 hours into it, and even considering a new save file to experience it all again. I was pleasantly surprised by how accessible it was to someone new to the franchise.

Lately I’ve been playing Subnautica, I got the Below Zero standalone expansion but as it’s in Early Access, it feels pretty much the same but less. The vehicles aren’t even in yet.

Also got my second star on Overwatch. So that’s cool.

I have missed out on the Zelda games since Twilight Princess due to my non-console habits. Breath of the Wild is seriously tempting me. Perhaps fortunately, there’s absolutely no way I can afford a Switch.