The WrA Video Game Thread

Or bad friends.

lawbringer and raider reworks are coming to for honor

lawbringer one is bad, raider one makes them a god

Considering if i should play xcom 2 or fallout nv

For somebody who has never really been bothered with the Dark Souls-type of games, is Seikiro worth grabbing, or is it’s difficulty spike too big for the casual player?

I’ve got people on one hand telling me to grab a fun game, and people on the other hand telling me it requires near-instant reflexes to progress past certain parts of the game. And I’ve torn most of the tendons in my hands and don’t quite have the ‘twitchy fingers’ needed for that level of gameplay these days.

I’m not very far into it, but I haven’t really encountered anything that wasn’t only slightly harder than your average video game QTE. In fact, my biggest problem so far is that I get too much warning for attacks and end up slamming the button early by instinct.

At least in Dark Souls, though, you could lessen the need for “twitch reactions” in your rolling and parrying depending on your build; in my experience, casters were always more forgiving in that regard than melee characters. I’m not sure if that’s true for Sekiro, though.

1 Like

generally if you don’t wanna become deflect master your best bet is to sprint around and wait for the boss to leave themselves open

that or just toss a firecracker at them to open them up for an attack

2 Likes

Sekiro allows you to spamblock, which is basically tapping the block button as fast as you can. If you get the hang of it, from what I hear, you’ll basically barely ever take a hit and get your counters in pretty easily.

So that final boss fight was a doozy, but boy. Had a few genuine “OH NO” moments in the singleplayer and a few “HAHA OKAY WE’RE DOING THIS NOW HUH?”. Really wasn’t expecting it to be that captivating. I know Netherrealm does good story modes but damn.

So… You’re telling me I can be a Ninja Turtle?

Replaying Mass Effect 2 is great, especially with the DLC I get to catch up on.

3 Likes

i haven’t even touched the story yet. been trying to do all of the tutorials and i’m doing this fun thing where i go online and just get completely destroyed. it’s cool.

Okay, admittedly, I just started Sekiro, but damn is fighting anything but basic enemies a nightmare because holy fudge on fire do the Samurai enemies take some doing, and you can’t even cheese the fights by stealth-attacking, coming back and then stealth attacking again, because they regen their ‘death’ points the instant they lose you.

Yes, you must win.

Calvin Coolidge once said, “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

You got this, homie.

Yeah that’s my next step. Now that I’ve done some tower stuff and know half-decent strings with Kotal, it’s time to go online and get that bread.

I feel bad about being a wi-fi warrior (it’s either my ethernet cable or the port on my motherboard and then I’d have to buy a new motherboard entirely) but it’s actually fairly stable for the likes of other online stuff where you can really tell (Dark Souls, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Street Fighter).

2 Likes

Soulcalibur 6 is on sale so it is time to make warcraft characters using their character maker and have them fight each other

2 Likes

/long sigh

We’re excited to announce we’ve successfully sold our souls to Satan. Thanks in advance for the review bombs, this was a terrible idea, I don’t know why we did it, have a nice day :smiley:

2 Likes

What is Rocket League?

Soccer but with RC cars.