The WrA Video Game Thread

:heart_eyes:

My husband clued me in on a Plants vs. Zombies mobile card game, and it’s great because I’m too dumb for Hearthstone.

oh god

oh god we might actually get City of Heroes private servers soon

oh god

1 Like

with joker finally being released thats all that we knew about smash for the moment

i imagine e3 is when theyll drop the next dlc character, and im excited

theres no hype like nintendo hype

Can we please get someone like Mega Man X though

That would be a DLC character I’d rave about

i doubt we’ll ever get another mega man character with original mega man in game, but i wouldnt be surprised if they did dlc costumes and x was one of them

hot take: megaman.exe would be better, though lmao

I mean, both Chrom and X appear in their related fighters’ Final Smashes (Robin and Mega Man), yet the former became a fighter, albeit an Echo of Roy. So I’d say there is a chance for X to join the roster, though hopefully with a different moveset compared to his predecessor.

THEM’S FIGHTIN’ WORDS MAVERICK

1 Like

STEEL MASSIMO FOR SMASH

he deserves it

what a turbulent four days it’s been for the CoH fandom

I just want to bump this up to say 24 hour maintenance is the worst and I got crafters to max out on my lalafel

I gotta figure out what I’m gonna play this evening since FF is down for the server work. I preordered/loaded MK11 but that doesn’t unlock till tomorrow, so I guess it’s a good time to finally get out of the first little desert area in FFXV.

So.

ARK.

The Calamity of Dragons has passed with all but a pair of Fire Wyverns escaping and the Alpha Dragon being dropped by a concerted effort … that also saw Trade Town demolished as the fire damage proved too much and the supports collapsed, dropping so much of my town down the sides of the mesa.

The Vikings are rebuilding. The Forest Tribe is rebuilding. The Swamp Clan splintered and we’ve now got a Swamp Tribe half the size and the rest of them have taken to a purely aquatic lifestyle on rafts and have build a little dock in the Thunder Peak region of our altered Ragnarok Map.

And after everything … I’m going to join them as their Dockmaster, meaning while the Waverider Clan is out harvesting pearls and oil for trade, I’ll be manning the fort, tending to buildings and crops and keeping the breeding programs going.

I’m sad to see the end of my Trade Town, but there was simply far too much chaos and antagonistic players to deal with, and since a lot of the neutral players are coming with us, it’s quickly going to become a big hub for players, so if I get the itch to go tackle a dungeon or cave, there’ll always be somebody to come along and watch my back, and vice-versa.

My golemn, drop bear, two of my horses and three of my sheep survived the Calamity of Dragons, but both my Brontos and the rest of my tames were slaughtered, including my monkies and weird little parrot-rat-raptor abominations. And since I am joining a Clan, I’m also being rolled back into the normal number of dinosaurs and the restriction on my micro-dinos is being lifted.

My little armies of terrors are coming back, yo! Troodon Squad, represent!

Already we’re hard at work building a bunch of long buildings to hold spare beds and chests with basic gear for respawning, I’ve got a four-storey greenhouse already in play to produce all the vegetables and berries we’ll need, and the Waveriders are hard at work taming a small army of Sharks and Plesiosaurs for the aquatic force, and Spiny Devils, Terror Birds, Paraceratherium and Chalicotherium for the land-based army.

So. Many. Dodos. We have enough eggs to last us a lifetime at this rate and I think we’re gonna start to have to slaughter at least half the flock so I don’t get deafened every time I go near that part of the compound.

The Vikings have managed to hatch the level 160 Fire Wyvern and, through a combination of blind luck and burning up some holiday time, Chungus has gotten 80% affinity with the Drake. The rest of their dino army is already being replaced and I’ve never seen so many ballista and catapult turrets around a village.

I foresee much burning and pillaging in the near future considering this thing has close to 60k health and it has yet to level up from 160 …

The Forest Clan got a few recruits and are now at about 20 members … and are going right back to their old tactics. This will end poorly for them with the Vikings now having a Fire Wyvern of their own, but I have noticed they taming a lot more microraptors, which is gonna be hell for an army that depends on staying mounted when the Forest Tribe will always hold the high ground towards the start and middle of any fight.

With the Swamp Clan now down to a mere thirty members from the zerg-swarm numbers of seventy, they’re being a lot more cautious, but they also got hold of the rare patterns that dropped during the end of the Calamity and the death of the Alpha Dragon, which means everybody’s favourite muck-dwelling savages now have the patterns for rocket launchers. The shells are as slow as a wet weekend, but since everybody’s limited to stone structures at best, they’re going to be absolute hellions.

I remember hearing the screaming on Discord when the Mods realized what had dropped, but we’re not doing take-backs and so this is now a thing for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

I think I may end up playing ESO once FFXIV goes down for server work.

Ugh, Youtubers have early access to MK11 so story mode videos are already up. Guess I won’t have much to watch today.

Persona 5: The Royal got a gameplay trailer today:

No English on it yet, but there’s a new character, a new part of the city, and it also seems this is where Joker got the grappling hook he uses in Smash Ultimate.

e: October 2019 for Japan, sometime in 2020 for the rest of us losers. Annoying, because now I have to decide if I want to finish P5 or just let it rot till this releases.

1 Like

Man, Kano is hella dope.

Imperator: Rome comes out at 1 PM my time tomorrow and I don’t think I’ve been more hyped for a game since Resistance 2 on the PS3.

I’ve always loved the history of antiquity and the middle ages, and I think what draws me in most is that I’m not bound to Rome, and can play anyone in the world of antiquity. I don’t think I’ll get over it anytime soon.

I was really hoping the new character would be an optional female protagonist, à la P3P. All the rumours between the teaser and the announcement didn’t help. :expressionless:

I love Atlus but, man, I almost wish they’d transition to DLC as opposed to whole new releases. There’s P3, P3FES, P3P, P4, P4G, P5, & now P5R. Add in all the side games and… :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

1 Like

kotal kahn’s old advancing, launching uppercut is a special move now and you can’t follow it with a command grab, help me

git gud and play kollector