The WrA Video Game Thread

have you gotten to the endgame yet

I really like Anthem.

Come get me.

but have u gotten to the GRIND where u grind like 1-3 things for loot that doesn’t even have unique appearances or abilities

No but I knew it was a grindy game at end game. I like it because the combat and navigating the battlefield in a flying suit of armor is fun as heck.

that’s fair

Honestly after Mass Effect 3 (the Andromeda) I’ve pretty much lost all interest in Bioware.

As someone whose sanity depends on DA4 being released, I’m trying not to indulge in too much schadenfreude about this whole ‘Anthem sales are half of Andromeda’ but, by the Goddess, is it hard. I’m still really, really bitter about not getting MEA DLC.

2 Likes

I dunno what you’re talking about. Hordes of the Underdark, the last expansion for NwN, was the final thing Bioware released. It was a good send off for a company that immediately shut their doors and never released any garbage from that moment on.

1 Like

Been playing a lot of Smash, King K Rool’s play style actually helped me with my characters abilities in WoW. Other then that waiting for the new Minecraft update to come out cause YAY PANDAS!

Hail, Inquisitor! Would you care to purchase this Looted Tevinter Crate your followers acquired while on a swashbuckling, hair-raising adventure that you did not get to participate in?

5 Likes

If that’s what it takes to get DA4, then so be it. There aren’t many studios putting out games that I actually enjoy so if Bioware’s continued existence means reliance on microtransactions, I’ll be fine with that. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

foolish

accepting things like that is what allows EA to continue to bleed Bioware of what talent it’s had over the years until it leaves a shriveled husk and then throws the studio away

just look at all the other studios they’ve closed

the more tolerant of blatant micro transactions for basic gameplay in a game the worse it gets

1 Like

Let’s call them what they really are - macro transactions. Because they’re nothing micro about spending over 10$ of in-game stuff that could go to something else entirely.

Considering no one who made biowares best games still works at bioware…is it still bioware?

Bioware has been dead for a while, and it’s recent titles have only been pushed through by a corpse of a shell.

1 Like

Bioware did you guys and can you come back

I just got home from work.

I am finally gonna download the Conan survival game.

I shall be the four-foot tall warrior queen slinging burly, hairy men over my shoulder, laughing maniacally at their confused “wait no this is backwards help” expressions.

This is going to be an adventure.

2 Likes

I am significantly underwhelmed by Conan Exiles … maybe it’ll get better if I can survive long enough to find/loot/make a weapon that actually does some damage …

Make a spear. Spears are the best weapons due to their reach and poke attack.

Whoever designed some of the side content in Final Fantasy 10 is a cruel, hateful individual. I’m not looking forward to getting Tidus’ Celestial Weapon… and good heavens, some of those fiends get absurdly strong! I spent a good half hour fighting one of the monster arena bosses. I think I need to invest in a happy Yojimbo…

Also, I wish nothing but stepping-on-lego’s for whoever created the Zanarkand Cloister of Trials. To quote a little girl…

YOU’RE A BAD MAN.

Edit --> Oh also the Yunalesca fight was nonsense. “Weak to Holy Magic!” uses holy magic “Boss regains health!”

I’m having fun with Anthem. It’s not a $60 game, though. Listed a bunch of my problems with it further up, as of the new patch the biggest issues for me are too many load screens and garbage equipping system (I shouldn’t have to end my play session in the world to go back to town to mess with gear).