The WrA Video Game Thread

I actually like Conan as much as Ark, but there are significant differences. One thing I like better is the ability to climb. I also like the sandstorms quite a lot. You should be able to survive in the lower level areas fairly easily until you’re able to make something better. Just don’t go inland right away and don’t try to pull an entire camp.

I bought this today, no regerts.

3 Likes

Call them Spambies you philistine.

has anyone figured out if the cyberpunk 2077 40 minute demo was pre-rendered or actual gameplay

with how often studios pre-render their games to show off only to have entire cutscenes, gameplay mechanics, graphics, or even items missing at launch it’s getting frustrating to try and figure out if you’re being lied to your face or not

i watched the demo a few times to look for any graphical errors or glitches and i found a few but even then I’m concerned

Pokemon for the Switch!

Pokemon Sword / Shield.

New starters shown, they’re adorable. Grookey (grass), Scorbunny (fire), and Sobble (water). Pretty expansive new areas, seems like. We’re in a new region, Galar. It’s a long island, the map’s pretty huge. Multiple new Pokemon, of course.

No official release date, Late 2019.

2 Likes

the new region is based on england

i cannot WAIT for the evil team leader to have a cockney accent

Ah laddies n lassies tis me, Galar’s own Pohkemon Perfesser, O’Blarney

Oi Drahgonight, hittim up wit’ a hypah beam, innit?

water :clap: chameleon :clap: water :clap: chameleon :clap: water :clap: chameleon :clap: water :clap: chameleon :clap:

If you don’t take Sobble then get out of my face.

1 Like

My heart says take Sobble, but I need to see evolved forms.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH:scream::scream::scream::scream:

Give me nao.

guys i dont have a switch what do i do

You should get one.

but they are expensive :frowning:

also all i would play on it would be pokemon

Get a bottom. Or a top.

9 Likes

They look… terrible. All of them. I hope their evolved forms are better, or I may for the first time not use my starter at all.

well i know when my Switch purchase will be

I’m getting Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert vibes from Sobble. I hope it stays a quadruped.

grookey looks like a menace to society and like it breaks into my house to noisily eat grapes

5 Likes

Yeah! I did too, and he’s one of my favorite Water starters when considering all three forms.

Allow me to share with you all my incredible adventure playing Breath of the Wild for the first time. It is a heroic tale of love and loss.

After finally escaping the mundane plateau that was meant to keep me in tutorial jail for eternity, I made my way across the windy plains of Necluda. I was young and carefree, with an entire world before me to explore!

A spooky ghost told me to go to Kakariko Village, and as I climbed the enormous mountain peaks to go there, I encountered a herd of majestic beasts. Their powerful legs carried them through the fields of grass, tossing their flowing manes as they grazed. In that moment I felt true love. I had to tame one of these beautiful horses!

And so, in my inexperienced manner I chased them. They avoided me with ease! Their speedy escape only proved to me they would make fine steeds! I sprinted after a brown horse, one who reminded me of the faithful mount who served me during Twilight Princess. She shook her head wildly and evaded my pursuits. Yet she paused, only stopping several yards away, as if tantalizing me. I knew she and I were destined for greatness!

And so for hours, she and I danced atop the mountain. I would draw near, she would dash away! Occasionally I would reach her just in time to be kicked in the jaw! It really hurt, but it was a small price to pay. Without any help from the magical interwebs on my Sheikah phone, I discovered how to crouch and proceeded to sneak up on her.

With my footsteps now muffled upon the dry grass, it was short work to mount her. Oh, how the true struggle began! She threw me off with ease, and I came to learn that I had to soothe her wild nature.

The day wore on. I was growing weary and soon visions of my bed began to distract me. With one final effort, I jumped upon her and spammed my soothing ability. My chest beat like a drum with anxiety. My stamina came dangerously low. And then it stopped. Pink hearts appeared above her head. She was mine!

In triumph, I rode down the hill to show the spooky ghost my success. Halfway down, an Incredibles robot rounded the corner of a monolithic stone. Our eyes met. Mine an icy mixture of blue and fear. The mechanical guardian’s a tracking beam of angry red.

We spun around and started racing away. “GO, MY LADY*!” I shouted. “GOOOOO!” She ran as fast as her mighty spirit would allow. A laser streaked across the hillside, meeting me square in the back. I was bathed in fire and shame. I flew from her back, and rolled down several feet, eventually seeing the words “Game over”.

Respawning, I found myself back at the top of the mountain, looking at a group of horses who await being tamed.

I turned off my Wii-U and went to bed.

TL;DR: I spent hours after leaving noob land trying to tame a horse. The second I did a death robot ran out of nowhere and laser beamed me. I reloaded at an autosave before I had tamed the horse and cried myself to sleep that night.

*My Lady is the name I intended to name her. It was a running joke in my family where in Twilight Princess I named myself “My Lord” and my horse “My Lady”. When NPCs addressed either of us, they’d call us “My Lord/Lady”. For instance, Ilia said she was “Bathing My Lady” in the Ordon spring.

3 Likes