The WrA Video Game Thread

Hope you didn’t order Pokemon Sword/Shield on digital OR you have an extra SD card, because it’s 10.3 gigs, making it the chonkiest Pokemon ever.

For comparison, Breath of the Wild is about 13 gigs.

So…uhm…ARK has been … interesting?

We dropped the Gamma and Beta Dragons and we’ve got the promised loot. Pattern for Mastercraft Equus and Dire Bear saddles for the Vikings and Journeyman Crossbow, Spear, Sword, Primitive Bow and Fur, Ghillie, Desert and Cloth armor sets for the Viking, Waverider and Solo-players who participated in dropping the Dragons.

As two weeks had passed and the MODs wanted to make sure nobody could be kept prisoner for every, everybody had to release their Swamp Clan prisoners and most of them decided they’d had enough of the Swamp Clan’s distinct style of play and, ahem, leadership. So they sodded off to the North-Eastern corner of the Ragnarok Map with a bunch of the Solo Players and, being me, I gifted them with five Ovis (sheep) some basic-tier desert-gear and generic survival gear, some crossbows and a breeding pair of my murderous Microraptors to keep themselves safe while they built up a new settlement.

Except one of the Solo players managed to jag a Giga in a natural choke-point and tamed it, at the cost of having to sacrifice her entire herd of tames, including all of her Ovis, to supply the mutton needed to safely, and quickly, tame a Giga.

And another Solo player had a Giga in a solo-player game. And teleported it in. How or why the MODs decided allowing that was a smart idea I will never understand.

And because we apparently weren’t done suffering yet, meaning we have a mated pair of Gigas, and the Solo Players often used Brontosaurus as mobile bases, so since they’ve colonized around the old abandoned Lighthouse and the (frankly obnoxiously massive) cavern underneath it, they’ve repurposed their Brontos into walking weapon platforms with multiple crude cannons and have turned around and wiped the Vikings off the map, knocked down every tree between them and the Forest Clan and then proceeded to shell every Tree Platform they found, them marched across the Ragnarok Map, a feat that, given the average land-speed of a Bronto, would have taken them about six hours to pull off, and then shelled the Swamp Clan’s rebuilt fortress to the ground.

They then marched right up to the Waverider’s fortified valley and told us because we were kind enough to give our ex-prisoners decent gear to make a go of it, and our ‘tithe’ of five sheep, we’re spared this week, but they’ll be back next week and want six sheep and a thousand units each of Metal Ingots, Wood, and Stone, and five hundred units of Flint, Oil and Wool, and a hundred units of Silica Pearls, Rare Mushrooms and Rare Flowers, or they’ll pulverize our base just like they did everyone else’s.

Deep breath in through the nose

Looks like the wars are not over with the passing of the Calamity of Dragons, instead now the Kingdom of Ar’an is about to make life a living bloody misery for us.

Time to bust out the Equus, the Morelatops and my murder-chickens and go wandering through the deserts again, because sod all that noise, if they want to run around with Gigas and Brontos, we’re just gonna built little temp bases out in the desert until they get bored or the next Calamity comes around and those big ol’ Gigas and Brontos are made to Pound Sand by the Dragon Bosses and their Wyvern armies.

1 Like

The Nintendo switch port of overwatch has a physical edition.

It’s a nice fancy switch case with nothing in it but a sheet of paper that has the download code for the digital copy on it.

Yes i know why they did it but jesus christ you could have just stuck to selling the game as download cards.

We know how much you need the money blizzard to keep those lights on you could have saved so much more money on producing a less expensive cardboard download card as opposed to an entire empty case

<^>

…they couldn’t even get that right? Wow, that’s even more pathetic.

Recently I rediscovered my love of Arma 3 and man is messing around with friends pretending to be tacticool really fun.

Husband and I are back in SWTOR. He’s an agent, I’m a warrior.

He’s practical and dealing logically with all the problems, looking at the big picture, dressing stylishly, being diplomatic…

Unless I win the dialogue rolls, in which case it’s murder o’clock. Long suffering elegant Chiss healer and nuttier-than-a-salted-nutroll very red human.

If you see us on Star Forge, say hi!

2 Likes

My favorite and the only part of the Sith warrior campaign i can remember is playing as a female warrior very early on you can get so angry at a group of people that you threaten to literally eat them.

Started up a new Crusader Kings 2 campaign. Get put into regency and get the lovely event where my sexuality awakens and I start fantasizing about…my own mother.

I know it’s the fact it’s super early game and there are literally only two female characters in my court but still…

Grabs spray bottle

Bad CK2! Bad! No!

Hey there Sigmund

Ever since the hullaboo, I decided to try card games again and started playing MTGA.

I don’t know why. I don’t like card games. I’m not good at them and don’t like forced metas. I can’t even trade these cards for real money.

Yet here I am, rolling with a Green/White life deck and a comedy Seven Dwarf deck as if no other games exist.

I am at work and the Tribe has started to evacuate.

Apparently my unconscious character has been dragged to the oasis with my tames and the other offline players bodies and put into a temporary shelter, while half of the Tribe is moving to the south east corner of the map to build a new base.

Gonna get home at 2am, spend a couple of hours building a base camp at the oasis to be our first line of defence while all our beehives, ovis, snails and dung beetles are put on a big base being built on a series of rocky islands.

Funny thing about Gigas and Brontos? They’re tough and hit like Mack trucks,but they are slow and have a tendency to drown easily if they run out of stamina.

And the island is well out of cannon range.

I plan on luring as many wild golems as I can into the vicinity of our outpost so when those big old Brontos with their massive aoe attacks come into play, they’ll start a war with a few dozen angry Rock Monsters while a bunch of Plant X turrets deal with the Gigas.

Can’t dps when you’re unconscious, after all.

And assuming Fort Feckoff does fall, we’ll still have a base well out of their range and enough rafts to ferry our gathering and cargo tames to anywhere we need to go, with a boatload of sharks protecting our base from under water attacks and Plant X turrets to drive off aerial assaults.

1 Like

excuse me sir do you have a twitch channel?

Edited to Add: I just want this grim voice to come across the twitch channel. Those bastard brontos really bit into the golems. Ah! The sharks are going crazy. They were trying an underwater incursion. eye narrowing tone Those shifty cheeky buggers. Here come the Gigas! Fire fire fire.

I dunno why but I read that in the clone voice from star wars the clone wars.

What mod is this?

I’d probably just upload it to YouTube. Twitch has… issues that I am not comfortable with supporting.

On a related note, I may have doomed my tribe because I accidentally referred to the Kingdom of Ar’an Clan as the Ara Ara Tribe and our Discord is drowning in memes and rage right now.

1 Like

FFFFFFFFFFF. Can the rage of WrA people send your tribe aid or something?

ORA ORA ORA

Cause we would!

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ve said before but, Gen, the commentary really makes Ark sound like a much more enjoyable game than I found it. Each update is as amusing as the last.

I second this.

Draenor, the savage world

It is a super barebones mod and Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth is a much better option for Warcraft in CK2