The WrA Video Game Thread

good news gang i’m awful at DBFZ but it’s fun to press buttons

i took one game off my friend out of like… 8 or 9

2 Likes

If there’s one thing Balmung has taught me it’s that nothing comes even close to Goldshire. Maybe it’s just that Search Info isn’t nearly as long as an MRP.

If it helps, I have 1.2k hours in Crusader Kings. There are also multiple fleshed out full-conversion mods. And if you have a friend w/ dlc, you can do a multiplayer game with them and try it out before buying the one you’re interested in.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME, THANK YOU ZUNDE

1 Like

My favorite Final Fantasy will always remain VI.

Steam’s Lunar New Year sale is upon us, and I’ve already caved and bought like four games I probably won’t get around to playing for a year or so.

I cannot stress how badly i loathe the literary vomit that is the final fantasy x audio drama.

Meet sadsack mclameass the tag along to AURON’S TOTALLY LEGIT DAUGHTER as she goes and does everything awesome meanwhile Yuna is like “Lol i’m breaking up with tidus for some random dude i just met lulllllllllllllllzor oh ya an SIN R BACK”

It can go sit with dino crisis 3 , other M , and Third birthday in the corner of things that the creators should be stuck in front of a firing squad for creating.

4 Likes

So reading the summary, my thought on the FFX audio drama is that it’s still mostly junk, but Yuna’s whole “I like someone else now” is her dumb way of trying to save an injured Tidus from having to face Sin again (and possibly get disappeared again too).

Either way, I just let my brain think the game’s story ended with FFX and then I don’t feel like anything was cheapened for a mediocre sequel.

So it turns out I had previously tried out FFXIV and totally forgot :smile:

Apparently I already have a character on Mateus, so I dont have to worry about jumping through hoops to make a character on that server.

Question, is there a point to making alts (beyond RP purposes?) It seems you can train every job on one character.

2 Likes

So here’s the thing. You can absolutely do everything on one character and honestly I would recommend that, unless you want to replay the Main Story or other questlines.

Leveling multiple Jobs is a lot easier now than it was early in the 2.0 version’s life thanks to Deep Dungeons (non-Trinity sets of 10 floors that will reward large XP bonuses for completion) and the Challenge Log (a weekly reset list of everyday tasks that reward large amounts of XP and in some cases, money). For example the Challenge Log asks that every week you use the Dungeon Roulette 3 times, and complete 5 dungeons, among many other things. Each task rewards a % of XP based on your level, so it’s useful no matter what level you’re at.

1 Like

That’s what I figured, so I’ll just focus on my current character.

I made multiple alts just because I could. I think I have one each of most races just in case. I’m only playing one, though.

2 Likes

I got hit on as a male Roe in Realm reborn 100x more often then i got hit on across all my female characters in wow combined.

1 Like

you dont wanna know what happens if you roll a female roe

My Miqo’te hasn’t gotten any whispers, I feel left out.

Watching that made me realize I’ve forgotten every single thing about my little level 13 archer. Kinda makes me want to try the game again, but as a different class because I clearly need to start over in terms of learning what’s going on.

1 Like

Took me a while to get my bearings back in FFXIV. I had a lvl 22 Miqo’te archer just sitting around (ground out 2k of the currency for the chocobo before realizing they reduced the amount needed to 200 :smile:)

Hey. I didn’t die on my drive, so you guys are still burdened with me.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned further up, but if you have Amazon Prime, you can currently get the base game of FFXIV through Twitch Prime. It only includes the A Realm Reborn, but that still contains a large portion of the story, and Shadowbringers will come with both the previous expansions once it goes on sale.

This is one of my favorite things about the game.