The WrA Video Game Thread

I fought the first boss of this reverie game i bought and the game crashed so i beat it again and got a drop from it this time.

Looked it up turns out beating bosses without getting hit gives you a bonus item drop this one makes my arrows create poison clouds.

Poison clouds that you can poison yourself with

GUESS HOW I DIED

Crusader Kings 2 is on sale right now for $9.99, and I don’t know whether to buy it.

1 Like

Stardew Valley. Awaiting the new Civ6 expansion.

Definitely buy it, I’ve probably put more time into that game than any game other than WoW.

I think there’s a free demo if you wanna try it a bit before spending your money.

Oooooooooo.

Edit: I cannot believe that counted as a complete sentence.

Crusader kings is a game where i caught a disease went insane had relations with a rose bush that resulted in an actual child who then proceeded to overthrow and execute me.

2 Likes

Playing Robothorium. Scratches that turned based itch after I annihilated the remastered FFX. I have like, SO many years of extra RPG experience so a lot of that helped me blow through it. Higher tolerance for grind so I just kill a crapton of Flan until I start one-shotting stuff.

Waiting on Subnautica’s Sub Zero it… be completed. Don’t mind giving them the money early as they supplied a decent game. Sub Zero is just the same… only less.

The brick joke ending of subnautica soured me on the entire game.

You’ll have to tell me on discord or something. I haven’t beaten it. I just enjoy running around.

I was bored so i decided to dig through the monolith of madness that is my playstation collection.

I have replaced the jewel casings on several of these games so many times.

Tonight is survival horror

Picked up Dragon Ball Fighterz and have been having fun with it. Going through story mode now - unlocked Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien (I have my new team comp).

The Thief series is also on sale for super cheap right now. If you like older games, you’ll dig the series here. Deadly Shadows (Thief 3) holds a special place in my heart. Metal Age was good, too.

Monster Prom is something else. I’m not quite sure. But I know it’s worth every penny. It’s one of the few VNs where I can relate to a romantic choice. Because I too am a lazy spirit whose unfinished spirit business is that i never got to do an incredibly specific and debachourous sexual act

1 Like

Monster prom was pretty funny when I played through it. Definitely planning on going back to it at some point.

I’m still vaguely cautiously optimistic about Anthem but that never seems to work out for me so we’ll see. Not preordering anything.

No preorders. Ever.

never preorder anything by a company who consistently shafts consumers

Kind of really annoyed at this switch game i picked up called Tangledeep.

Beat the game can’t progress to ng+ because of a game breaking bug that causes you to crash on attempting to start it.

Okay i can work around this i’ll just store my stuff in the vault and delete the character and start a new one to build it better.

Start new character - Collect all equipment and money and supplies from vault

Start to progress through areas - Game crashs

Load up game new character uncreated along with everything i stored. =/

The last game I preordered was BLESS Online. I was reasonably satisfied with my purchase. I had paid for an early access MMO and gotten an early access MMO.

I was, however, the minority opinion. Evidently a lot of people didn’t know that there were going be bugs, and man were they furious.

I think we’ve gotten to the point where the genre is so stagnant people don’t actually remember what it’s like when a new game is released.

Allah be with anyone trying to make a new MMORPG, they’re going to need all the help they can get.

The last game I preordered was Battle for Azeroth. Serves me right.

2 Likes

I’m preordering Shadowbringers and no one can stop me. Game’s fun, FF games are fun, and Yoship is too good for us low heathens.

also because he hires insane people to do insane things with his game and it’s going to be amazing and I can’t wait

4 Likes

Isn’t it nice to feel good about the people you’re giving your money to… as opposed to how I feel about Ion.

I sometimes wonder if Ion’s Q&A is a failed attempt to try and build the kind of rapport Yoship has with his community.

4 Likes