The WoW trinity

World of Warcraft has held true to a trinity since the dawn of the game. I don’t mean the tank, healer, and dps trinity… I mean the trinity of the the game, Blizzard, and the player. Blizzard can fix themselves and the development of the game, but we, as players, have to fix ourselves.

While Blizzard is currently working on fixing Blizzard, we nee to start working on fixing ourselves. Many players expect Blizzard to create a wholesome workplace while many players are more than toxic on the forum and in-game. These players need to take a step back and do something about themselves.

The game also needs to see changes if we expect things to be more wholesome and less of what has been going on for years now. I think removing references and NPC’s is a good start but there are other areas that need to be fixed and corrected. Fixing and correcting the below issues would be a great start in Blizzard taking the extra steps to show they care. If the “frat boy” culture is really a thing at Blizzard then correcting the following issues would prove Blizzard is trying to get rid of the “frat boy” culture.

• revealing mogs need to be removed from the game. Objectifying characters does nothing positive in-game nor does it teach any sort of values to the younger players who play the game. If anything, it gives younger players a false perception of both real men and women and trains the player to objectify people in the real world.

• the succubus needs to go. The succubus, wearing revealing clothing, is summoned by her “master” to do the masters bidding. The succubus needs to be removed from the game or a male model needs to be added to the game. This portrays women in a submissive fashion and is vulgar.

• the concubines in the Black Temple need to go for obvious reasons. Sex slaves aren’t very cool.

• more body types need to be added to all races.

That is not what concubines traditionally were, that’s an english bastardization of the term.

A lot of this is misguided and can’t tell if its troll or not troll :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It is ok if the warlock is female? What about hunter pets? Do we know if they are male or female? And why would one gender not be ok and the other be ok? What about the male demons? Is it ok to enslave them? Then there is the question of the mages water elemental, the DK undead pet. Where does it end? Or should we just erase all video games and call it a day?

1 Like

If bad guys don’t do bad things then why are we killing them?

1 Like

I have questions about that. What makes a mog revealing? Would a male Tauren be allowed to take his shirt off to show his tattoos, but a female must cover herself up because she’s showing too much? Doesn’t that seem like we’re going back to the 50’s when females were forced to cover their body including legs? Wouldn’t it be more empowering for female characters to show what they want to show?

Edit: I understand the succubus and concubine argument, but limiting mogs because they show too much is a bit weird to me.

1 Like

Yet, none of those are really expressing sexist acts. So you tell people if they look good in a some what reveling armor this is wrong because it’s sexist? As for succubus not too many player use them but yes we could use a male counter part.

There’s nothing to say this at all but drug usage as far as i can tell,please remove that.

1 Like

That’s rich coming from you - one of the most notoriously toxic and intolerant people here.

9 Likes

You tried this bait yesterday. Please do try to be more original if you wanna riddle up the unaware/tone deaf.

Remove gold from the game. It triggers me as a poor person.

5 Likes

I haven’t been on the forum in about a week, stop lying.

There are mobs named “temple concubine”. You do know what a concubine is, right?

Do you really,they are married ,omg they are married ,do you get this?

1 Like

Obviously you don’t know what a concubine is because that would make them not a concubine. lol

I disagree, i think the way WoW portrays women is fine already. Some of the major lore characters are strong women. Theres female soldiers that are just as capable as male soldiers on both factions. Women in prestigious positions of power like commander or admiral.

Skimpy mogs arent hurting anything, there should be more for both genders in my opinion. Freedom to wear what you want is the way to go. Dont remove options.

1 Like

Your barking the wrong tree it is clear you don’t.

2 Likes

Do you?

Because that’s not it.

4 Likes

More delusional, unrealistic demands.

3 Likes

concubine

a woman with whom a man cohabits without being married

• one having a recognized social status in a household below that of a wife

• a mistress

You literally don’t know what a concubine is.

You just posted the actual definition showing you don’t know what it is either. lmao

2 Likes

Just had to go past page 1 of General Discussion.

Cool. Those people aren’t me. I wasn’t anywhere near this forum yesterday, or for almost a week.

1 Like