The WoW story would be better if Alliance actually got revenge

Sure but that doesn’t mean it makes sense.

People say that kind of stuff, but it’s honestly really stupid, i guess if the creator of pokemon said ash would win against goku it has to be true, except it isn’t, just because the writer said so doesn’t mean i suddenly lost my ability to think rationally.

If we stack the horde vs the alliance, what does the horde has that makes them better than the alliance? And the answer is nothing.

The alliance is higher in population, they have better infrastructure, many of the best mages are from the alliance, and where the horde shines are things that are frankly pretty weak, like warriors and shamans. And even then the alliance has pretty good warriors and shaman in their ranks too. The alliance has everything the horde has, but either better, or higher in quantity, or both. And where they lose, they don’t lose by much, or they lose in things that are frankly not that impactful.

Sure the writer could say “horde wins” And they do, but that doesn’t mean it’s good writing. Because it ignores everything that we knew before that.

It’s like when you see backwards cavemen winnings against an organized army in a story thanks to the power of whatever.

2 Likes

If they are the ones writing “Ash V Goku” then yes it is. If someone else is then it’d be different. But in the story the writer is writing specifically, you know, the point of the Stan Lee quote, it’s completely true.

1 Like

Yea, no it isn’t, i’m sorry you lack the ability to think rationally, or abstractly.

You’re just being dumb. Literally purposefully obtuse

Back in the day, if the kid gloves were off and the story was allowed to play off in pure violent realism. The Alliance would win the war. They have stronger champions and a better standing army.

In the current day. Again, with pure unrestrained violence. I think the Horde would have the edge if they struck first, by surprise, and without warning.

The Alliance wouldn’t act first, and therefore be wiped out or severely crippled. If the Alliance did strike first, I they would win, but it’s not in their nature to provoke (generally).

You can just say you don’t know how fiction works instead of making yourself look this bad.

3 Likes

That’s just artificial, realistically if an army attacked you, even if you were trying to be peaceful, you would defend yourself at a certain point.

And if you didn’t, you would lose yea, but… I mean… I wouldn’t count on your enemy always being nice to you. Poke the dragon, and eventually you get bit.

Orcs alone rode roughshod through the Eastern kingdoms in the first 2 games lol. The Draenei’s high tech didn’t save them either. And the gnomes lost to a bunch of actual cavemen.

1 Like

Ah yea, now here comes the little factoids, comparing what used to be to what is now.

The draenei were also outnumbered like 10 to 1, and the orcs were fel infused, therefore stronger than usual, but nice try. NOT!

Again, quantity also matters, it’s not just about quality.

1 Like

You don’t know how thinking works.

Hoo boy… this has gotten… bad.

1 Like

No, no, please, go on and tell me how the writer of a piece of fiction does not have complete control over what goes on in it.

1 Like

And people say faction pride is dead.

1 Like

Was there a point where it was ever good?

2 Likes

Just because it’s a fantasy book doesn’t mean you should turn off your brain and just allow everything.

There are certain rules to writing, something still has to be internally consistent, otherwise people start wondering wtf is happening. Unless it’s a gag and it’s clearly meant to be stupid. And i use that word very literally STUPID that is. Like looney toons, no one is expecting that show to be even remotely realistic, this isn’t the case for something like wow, or most other fantasy shows either.

Don’t try to put this on me, you’re the one who lacks the ability to think rationally or abstractly.

If you think that “fantasy” means, “anything goes” You’re wrong.

Try to write a book like that, one that isn’t a parody or gag, and see how people like it.

They won’t.

If the original writer of pokemon were to say that Ash is stronger than Goky, or superman, or whatever other character that’s clearly, OBVIOUSLY WAY STRONGER, people would just ask him or her wtf he/she smoke that day. Because that would be the appropriate reaction. And just because “the writer can do whatever he or she wants” doesn’t mean that thing makes any damn sense.

That’s about all, this is the last reply you clearly lack the ability to think rationally, goodbye.

O.o

2 Likes

And what is stopping something from remaining internally consistent even if it’s unlikely sounding? The writer can still set up a scene with an unlikely outcome but with factors in play that make it plausible.

1 Like

Sure dude.

I mean, i know i’m a normal person, but thanks to the power of plot armor, magical thinking and BS i can DEFINITELY beat Goku, or Superman. If that’s the kind of story you do you. Not quite my cup of tea though, i can’t quite shut my brain off to that level quite yet.

Also, this is beside the original point, and you’re moving the goalpost, nothing was written in the previous posts about trying to make an even REMOTELY logical explanation for this. You just realized how dumb your argument was, and added that in, and thought i wouldn’t notice, or call you out on it.

1 Like

Batman beat Superman. Fried food beat Goku.

3 Likes

I could beat goku in a fight

2 Likes

With kryptonite, a MORTAL weakness for kryptonians and batman is hardly a normal person. Like ash is.

But keep coping.

1 Like