The WoW Companion App Retiring

translation, we don’t have enough people that can support this app since the MS scourge entered the picture.

2 Likes

Sad news, I love keeping up to date with my mission tables and engaging in past content on my 60+ alts (multiple accounts). Perhaps with the removal of the app, can we have a toy to teleport to our Shadowlands Covenant Sanctum? Or portals in Oribos to the Covenant Sanctums instead of having to take a flight master? Similar to the quick methods we have to get to the other mission tables; like the Boralus portal in SW, the Garrison Hearthstone for WoD and the Dalaran Hearthstone for Legion, it would be a great time saver to be able to quickly traverse the lengthy flight time to get to the Covenant Sanctums.

With the vast amount of content and land masses accruing in the game, I think time saving methods like this will help players stay engaged with past content, whereas if it’s too long or inconvenient to do so they may not.

5 Likes

Man that blows. I loved the app and used it every day for mission table stuff. Loved it for anima, pet tokens, and miscellaneous shadowflight covenant stuff. And the auction house access was great.
Seems like a terrible decision to me. Only lessens my engagement with their game.

4 Likes

It’ll be around for awhile. It’s attached to the log in authenticator.

or they will just migrate to google’s authenticator like many other mmo’s have…

No reason to bring in a 3rd party like Google to harvest data when Blizzard owns the right…

1 Like

Can we keep just a mission table version? I use it everyday. I’m casual so it helps me earn tokens, rep and resources much easier then logging in.

1 Like

This won’t end well for those that lose their account and are told they need to use the app to unlock their account.

Entirely wrong app. The Bnet app has the authenticator.

1 Like

Why? This should be expanded upon, not stop development!

6 Likes

Ditto, I would use it to run missions for various items while I was at work.

5 Likes

I use (daily) it to run the adventure tables in shadowlands, BFA, and Legion. It is a great way to collect anima, pet charms, etc without having to go to each of the expansion hubs.

5 Likes

Same here (maybe not every day) but quite often when I want my WOW fix on the go

1 Like

It’s a shame that we are losing this app only to do our alt quests and followers and go on the auction house and basically talk to the guild when we were away from our computers and I think it should be saved and not retired I mean let’s face it we need it in doing delves for War Within or using the auction house or at least talk to our friends in game like for real. Or how we need to fix our characters and progression.

2 Likes

Wait wha already?

As one of the weirdos that actually likes mission table games and used the companion app regularly, I miss it.

/cry

9 Likes

Dann! Bring it back Blizz! /cry

5 Likes

Then make a replacement. How you going to grant access from warlords to shadowlands for pve camp content and just upend it, no details surely. Programming must be so tedious these days.

Figure it out multibillion dollar corporation?

3 Likes

I thought this app was dead for years already.

It actually reintroduced purpose by letting users use the AH again. I still only used it for screenshots of my mog when I was on my phone and wanted to send to someone or use for mog mondays

3 Likes