The WoW Companion App Retiring

1 time… at band camp.

The blizzard Bnet app does the same thing. It allows voice chat too. Never used the companion app so not sure if it allows voice chat.

Okay, fair. But please, please make it easier to access mission tables from past expansions!!

3 Likes

Thanks for supporting it as long as you did.

I think with the end of Shadowlands and the mission table, was kinda the start of the end of the app too.

It does provide useful stuff like a literally portable AH but I have maybe used it once in a few months.

2 Likes

It’s nowhere near the same as the benefits the Companion App has but if you’re a completionist and still run mission tables from previous xpacs I have an addon that might help. It’ll show you the missions from each previous xpacs and then you can decide if you need to run to that mission table. Helpful for those pet charm collectors or other missions you just do for companion XP/etc. It’s called “Cheugy Mission Reports” and it’s on Curse. Cheers!

1 Like

Very sad to see it go. I don’t know when the AH was added back into it, but that made profession planning easier. I’ll miss guild chat on the go too, it was a great way of seeing who was online already before i decided to login proper. Between this, no blizzcon this year, each if these limited time events having end dates(like plunderstorm), and the potential spoilery losses at the start of the war within, I’m much less excited for this next xpac…

2 Likes

I didn’t know that app existed… I’m guessing it won’t for long either…

Today. I use it 4-5 times a day - still running BfA/SL mission tables. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s cool. We already didn’t support the WoW Companion App.

What a shame. Use it quite often for the AH and Shadowlands companions leveling up…Sadge

4 Likes

Got to move the team to mobile games.

I use the companion app when I am not on the computer running missions. It is a bummer that Blizzard is discounting the companion app. Lets start a petition to bring it back.

3 Likes

I get that it’s a little difficult to maintain but getting rid of it instead of using it for like pet battles or something people would actually like to use it for just seems silly.

2 Likes

Shame. I use it regularly, even if it does lack Shipyard missions.

I use this app every night before bed when i dont want to be on the PC. I also use it during my lunch break, and i use it quite frequently. Never had many issues. Im sooo mad…I am always doing my garrison missions and its easy to do when im at work. On lunch or doing other things that i cant be tethered to my pc.

4 Likes

I was using it this morning.

I like it for the mission tables and occasionally using the Ah.

Tried using it again this evening and it bugged out and keeps giving me fatal error messages.

3 Likes

Yeah the maintenance yesterday completely broke the companion app. We were supposed to have access to it until TWW prepatch. I have zero hope Blizz will bother to fix it though.

EDIT: I stand corrected. They just fixed it.

1 Like

Deleted and reinstalled it again and still getting the same error message. I keep reading that I need to clear the cache, but I can’t find it.

Not buying war within due to this.

However, the half azz quality of the app does lend itself to the narrative that Blizz gdaf about its playerbase unless its relentless fomo baiting.

1 Like

Can you at least bring back mobile Auction House use? It was literally the only reason to use any of you apps.

1 Like