The WoW Companion App Retiring

RIP, used it heavily during wod and legion, used during shadowlands to complete legion order hall missions.
i was gonna start farming order halls for manari amulet.
i would like to hear the reasoning for this. Personally, i always felt they tried to do too much with the garrison. i liked the archeology shelves, garrison didnt need to reward raid gear.
AH probably should have been its own app.
Garrison was like feature looking an audience, rather than organically responding to player requests. At the time it was literally just player housing. I dont remember anyone asking for the mission table.

2 Likes

But I need the app to talk to my guildies while I’m pooping at work!!!

4 Likes

I used it every day to farm pet tokens and raid gear transmogs. Was also an easy way to farm old rep for exalted rewards >.<

7 Likes

noooo this is how I used the auction house, it was so convenient

3 Likes

It’s the only way I can spend any time in azeroth while I am on the road or at work. Please give a replacement.

4 Likes

The app really screwed things up like the AH, I am glad to see it go.

1 Like

I’m curious, though i used it alot and hate to see key features disappear. Will any of the Garrison/ world questing/ Order Hall features be moved? I feel like the Blizzard App counld intergrate them no?

2 Likes

No one has asked for this. Please restore this and also add a battle pet feature. Stop screwing with us. I have massive loremaster bugs where I can’t even progress in your game and now you can’t even keep a mobile app working? Maybe outsource to a slightly bigger indie gaming company?

3 Likes

I agree StoneLegion. I now don’t have any way to easily do the missions anymore, and I am OK if they launch a NEW app that has this, but nothing has been said so far. I know the old app had its share of issues, and last few years of additions with Garrison missions and AH returning were a wonderful thing. I feel like this only came into play after the MS “takeover” as I like to call it. I hope I’m wrong about that. Expack launch is pretty smooth though, and I am happy about that!

TLDR;
Please give us a new companion app!

2 Likes

← Me too

2 Likes

didnt even know it existed

it seems like they have no interest in keeping the companion app or a replacement for it going.

1 Like

Actually I use it all the time to keep in touch with my guild on the go. Most of the older peeps don’t use Discord ….

1 Like

That explains why I can’t log in and check guild chat. Had no idea this was no longer being updated.

I wonder if they ever figured out Wandering Isle Pandaren were playing the AH through the app.

Sad it’s gone.

3 Likes

you couild say its GIGAGONE.

1 Like

The app didn’t fully take advantage of all the mobile content that could have been created to support the game.

We should have been able to do Dailies through the app, Pet Battles, Devles would have been a great mini game for the app now that they are out, Transmog, Crafting Orders (with a weekly limit of course), Research Professions, Story Lore reading or Mini Movies, Time Walking themed mini games, in addition to the Mobile AH, and Guild Chat Communications.

Hopefully Blizzard will reinvent the wheel that was the WoW app and give us something we can roll on with in the future, so we can continue to enjoy the game outside of it.

1 Like

It truly was sooo good, especially for the AH.

I Used to randomly post things on the AH through the companion app. It was really nice for learning and browsing the AH … Loved just getting the notification “sold” sound as I was carrying on about my regular day knowing I just made some quick gold for transmogs…

I will really miss this app. I hope they rework it and give it back to us. It was too good to just throw away like this.

1 Like

I get that many people didnt use it for its various things ect. But of thoes of us that did, WE LOVED IT.

At least give us the AH mobile feature back. Even if its a seperate Auction House Mobile app…

I will truly miss this feature… /cry

1 Like

I would love to start petition to reinstate this App, especially AH mobile. It’s so convenient.