The WoW Companion App Retiring

-insert Patrick yelling “BOOOOO!” and giving a thumbs down here-

1 Like

They should have discontinued the app back then since there was such an outrage since Blizzard fans don’t have smartphones.

This sucks. I hadn’t used the app a lot lately since that tends to correspond with me being more committed to the game (and at the moment I’m not), but losing the option is really lame.

A few hours ago. There’s scarcely a day that I don’t use it at least before and after bed. More often a few more times throughout the day depending on when I get lulls at work, and need a 2-3 minute mental break.

The functionality of being able to access four different mission tables cannot be understated. I only do it on one character, and I still consider it that valuable.

4 Likes

Frequently. I still need to finish some class halls for Legion achievements, as well as need some stuff from Shadowlands missions. I haven’t really started the BfA stuff, but I was planning on it after farming some of the currency for missions.

3 Likes

I feel like this happens every xpac.
“Hey guys, now that the xpac is midway to almost over, we’re retiring the app.”
“Hey guys, welcome to the new xpac. We’re bring back the app.”

Just wait, I’m sure it’ll come back with some new functionality or bringing back some old function it used to have a in a previous iteration.

2 Likes

I never use this app anymore but seem to be irrationally attached to it because I’m sad to see it go… :confused:

haha your post made me spill my drink as i laughed as i read it, good post very funny

1 Like

I’m so upset about this! I use it multiple times a day for various things :frowning:

1 Like

Awe this is sad, I use the app quite often especially the AH. Busy with kids so it’s hard to get to the AH reliably in game so the AH on the mobile app really helps selling gathering materials while I am unable to use the computer.

2 Likes

I think I used in Legion when the mission table seemed interesting but that was for like 2 days at most

1 Like

Kinda surprised by this considering the recent “respecting players time” push - I use the app quite a bit to quickly check the AH and do old mission table quests when I don’t have the time to actually log into the game and play a while. Disappointed to hear they are getting rid of this completely.

1 Like

Eh it went unused on my phone just deleted it a week ago. Once it lost the AH function and mail box checking it became useless.

make an ah app pls.

Boo. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

AH was brought back for it a while ago.

I use it frequently. Use the various mission tables for pet charms and reputation bonuses.

2 Likes

I use it daily also Full

I didn’t use the AH functionality much.

BUT I frequently ran the various mission tables for rep, pet charms and occasionally pet drops.

Hope you consider creating an omni-command table somewhere for those of us at max-level that still run old content regularly.

2 Likes

I have friends who used to play wow but no longer do. They still have been logging in on their phone to chat with people who still play. I guess allowing people playing wow to have and keep old friends is something Blizzard wants to stamp out for good.

1 Like