The WoW Companion App Retiring

Yes you are wrong.

You didn’t asked for a story, but you did tell the rest of us how we game.and not to care. I told you you were wrong and not everyone games like you. And gave you an example to back it up. Sorry that you don’t like it. Have a good day.

Devs I understand deleting it, I am sorry to see the app go.

6 Likes

im just saying not a lot of people use it. but good for you for using it, I’m proud.

1 Like

They should integrate this and the auction house into the battlenet app like they did the authenticator. I don’t use this one much anymore but it is helpful for people doing the missions in the covered expansions.

3 Likes

Devs: please consider making mission tables fully usable from any location, regardless of your character’s location, since this is effectively what the app allows you to do.

Currently mission tables are viewable with a console command, but you can’t interact with them, start or end missions. Please consider allowing the mission tables to be fully functional regardless of your character’s location. This is effectively what the app does (or did). The app allows you quickly access the mission tables even if you character is on a different continent.

If that benefit is being removed from the app, it would be great to see it added to the game client.

8 Likes

I completely forgot it existed until this thread.

Nooooooo. This is how ive been getting my pet charms for the last 6+ years :frowning:

5 Likes

It was good for working the market while away from WoW. They keep retiring and re-releasing it, so whatever.

Apparently nobody has phones.

1 Like

Or at least add an omni-command table in capital cities. So you could go to SW/Org/Val and access whatever expansion command tables you want.

6 Likes

The only people who used this were probably AH goblins and whales.

If you don’t care about gold, you weren’t using this app.

Also, I’m glad they’re phasing out this type of Facebook-style phone/tablet gaming and giving us actual WoW back instead.

1 Like

I don’t even know who you are lol, so why would I just be speaking specifically for you? I’m not the only one who thinks this app is irrelevant in 2024

Entropy. Entropy.

The last time I used it was during Legion.

Last time I used that app was in shadowlands with the covenants but it was so bad compared to using the game/addons. Don’t get me wrong I really enjoy the mission tables but specifically the app was awful I didn’t even use it while going to work because I’d for sure mess things up.

I still use mine when traveling so that I can post AH stuff mid car, plane, or train ride. So at least once a month, if not more. Also it used to be a great way to get my follower table done, grab the gold and not have to log in. But since we don’t get follower stuffs worth a darn, I ignore that feature. It’s also far slower than their original companion app for posting auctions, since that first one you could power post like crazy. AH players took hard advantage of that and then they took it away.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

2 Likes

It hasn’t even been 2 years since you added the AH to it.

4 Likes

I use it nearly everyday for garrison and sanctum missions also. Will seriously cut into either my actual playing time or my gold earnings. Didn’t Daddy Blizz WANT us to be on our phones generating DAUs?? Thankfully I finally got that last Legion paragon pet. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

I actually use it on my long commutes for checking guild chat and mission tables for my many alts.

It does take patience to use and the errors are annoying but without it, i wouldn’t be doing that stuff at at since online at pc time is for playing.

Rather sad, really.

5 Likes

May chaos take the world!

I’m pretty sure that’s what they’re trying to do with the Bnet app. Authenticator is now part of it. Which makes sense, imo.

Companion app, though… that thing is so old and outdated as far as backend coding goes, it’s just a mess.

Hopefully they’ll add a WoW section to the Bnet app.

1 Like