The WoW Companion App Retiring

Devs, I would tell you how mad I am to hear this, but I don’t want to get sanctioned. But I am very upset to hear this after all the good stuff that was just added this expansion (wod missions, AH)

3 Likes

My problem isn’t a particular app, it’s that apps and authenticators come and go to the point that it’s hard to remember which is worth having anymore.

Create an all in one app and keep it updated. And STICK WITH IT.

10 Likes

It’s actually amazing for this and im definitely sad to hear it’s going away

8 Likes

When was the last time I used it? a few hours ago. I use it daily (multiple times a day) to run missions on many alts. This is a big disappointment. I hope they either reconsider this move, or come out with a new app to replace it…

10 Likes

At the last I got my silly Stitchyards superior parts stuff done early.

I’d say that this could mean better maintenance for the main game, but it’s obvious both that an app like this isn’t really taking away very many resources and that the main game is horribly maintained anyway. So I’m kinda struggling to figure out what’s being gained on Blizzard’s end by retiring the app. Penny pinching that hard?

1 Like

Blizz, “Don’t you have phones?”
Discontinues app, “I guess they don’t.”

5 Likes

I used it a few days ago

1 Like

This is a terrible design decision. Why not just improve on the app? or at least make it more useful ? It’s a great idea with poor execution. I like being able to log in and check my auctions and shoot my guild mates messages and check events/world quests… I even still do my shadowlands missions before bed. People probably didn’t use it much because it needs some work. More games need companion apps. Warframe has an amazing one. Take notes! My only gripe about the app itself was the fact that you cant let your phone screen go off or swap to another app because it just loses connection and you have to log in again… minor inconvenience but still… JUST MAKE IT BETTER.

6 Likes

I loved that app for the ability to use the AH. Since they’re taking it away hopefully they can add that feature to the Battle.net app at the very least.

2 Likes

Been a couple years since i used it tbh.

Isn’t that the main app now? Is that the one tied to the authenticator?
(oh wait, I think im getting it confused with the battle.net app)

No no it’s the one where you could check mission boards / check the ah to buy things while not at the pc.

Tbh it was very niche and a little bit out dated since we don’t have mission boards.

1 Like

aww…still kinda sucks. I liked using it for auctions and such. I wish they would be able to incorporate using the mission boards, covenants, and farm someway to keep things fresh or still useful. Even the garrison still has value to me, and I wish they would build on it a little more every expansion.

4 Likes

A week ago

Exactly. I farm all sorts of stuff that way.

3 Likes

Honestly forgot this was even a thing. One less app cluttering up my phone’s storage.

You are wrong. But thanks for pretending to know my life better than me

Your even more wrong. I log in nearly daily and run at least 5 if not 10 characters through multiple areas to farm gold (not as profitable as it used to be), rep, pet charms, and sometimes pets.

Don’t speak for me and others you dnt know what you are talking about about.

YOU may not use it, but not everyone games like you

6 Likes

So one less thing on my phone. Good to know.

Okay?? Good for you? Do you want me to say congrats? I didn’t ask for a story, but thanks for the story time anyway. Besides, “more wrong?” Really?

1 Like