The worst part of the new social contract

Okay. You do come on strong from the bit I’ve read.

So? I never pretended to be wishy washy on my opinions. That won’t end.

1 Like

Sweet. Do you.

This is a violation of the Code of Conduct as well as the Social Contract.

2 Likes

lol… you’re definitely one of those people who use “I’m not mean, I’m just brutally honest! omgzzlulz” as an excuse to be unnecessarily rude.

No, I just don’t feel like being fake nice. In real life I have social anxiety, and avoid people.

Once had a person come up to me and try to ask me for my #, I said “I am not interested in people” and walked away

I have no patience for people. Or wasting my breathe/time. So I am to the point about how I feel.

I enjoy the game the most when I play with similar like-minded players, similar skilled and just get content done.

In a good run, 0 reason for any communication - you go in, you pew pew, you time key - you get loot - I will say “ty” at the end, then leave. Those groups are the best groups.

Nah I LOVE the dead server i just paid to transfer to.

Its so nice to be able to get actual names and not have to deal with the worst part of the WoW playerbase.

Being on a dead server is what makes my playtime great

Quite frankly, reading through the replies here , they just seem to support the OP’s point.
Everyone is basically saying that we need to walk on eggshells when telling others they are bad/not playing right.

1 Like

Answer: Thank you for helping - as the rest of the dungeon group is hauling butt to the next place - and that’s why I’m here. To get better.

“I did interrupt, but because no one stopped and decided the rotation I did it at the same time as someone else.”

"One time I forgot and didn’t see them. One time it turned out I was supposed to be standing in the big red area. I do watch the rest of the party for clues (not word I’m looking for) as to where I’m supposed to be when I don’t know. You sound like a nice helpful player, but not even the helper’s get a chance to help someone most of the time.

This will continue to happen regardless of the

-Social Contract :point_up:

I wish it too. I even carried a low level of hope that they would, but I think they said in the last interview (the big one) they said they won’t ever do that. :frowning_face:

(did that to keep it in context)

Which school of thought do you want to answer that? Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Theology, Archeology …? Also how far back in history do we have to go to prove how absolutely wrong this statement is?

At this point the problem is if any one read your first 5-8 posts you were not being rude in your responses and even gay about saying, “Hi.”

That’s the problem, the longer these threads go and the accompanying “debates” the less rational some sound, and self-righteous. Translate that to doing a dungeon multiple times with multiple players and what’s the outcome? Probably the same.

And that’s the other thing: players. I think thinking of them/us as people rather than “just another player” would be helpful to all of us.

Do people get better results with:
“Your dps is garbage”
“Learn to interrupt stupid”
“Stop standing in fire like an idiot”
?

same player: “why is no one joining?”
nobody likes a back seat gamer.

No, typically it’s best to just let them die if they refuse to recognize why their health is dropping constantly.

But even then that’s apparently “toxic.”

OMG YOU LET ME DIE!
reported

1 Like

That’s why I said helpers don’t even get a chance to help - even politely. Essentially just answered what happens a lot of times and agreed with you.

This cannot be stressed enough.
People are so quick to point fingers when the group as a whole just lacks cohesion.

2 Likes

A simple fix, do to interrupts what they did to dispell

The only person who should get the CD, is the one who was successful. All others shouldn’t get the CD on their interrupt if they didn’t interrupt anything.

1 Like

Here’s the thing: telling somebody they are doing garbage DPS, or are bad a t the game, or need to “git gud” or whatever may get you reported, because it is framed in a manner that is disrespectful and rude.

But that doesn’t mean you can’t ask somebody not to stand in fire, or explain a mechanic to them, or even say “you’re not really doing enough damage for this kind of content.” There are ways of phrasing things so the feedback is constructive.

There’s a world of difference between being a “jerk” or “rude” (which are very subjective terms) and being openly hostile, inflammatory, insulting and antagonistic. I still stand by my stance that being perceived as “polite” is not in anyway more proper, correct or even necessarily acceptable than being perceived as being “rude” or a “jerk”. They’re subjective opinions of third party witnesses. If we wanted to go down that rabbit hole, there’s a whole conversation about how telling someone to be “more polite” and “agreeable” could, depending on the context, even be defined as victim blaming or ableist.

Not saying in this context they apply, just that context is more important than subjective opinions and that, at the end of the day, there’s truly no moral or value based objectivity towards being polite vs. impolite.

I’m also not the one who was hard lining the social contract, but then flagrantly violating it within posts of it, which in the context, Briselbody was.

Oh Titans, please this. Especially when I’m playing a class with one interrupt on a 30 second CD.

you shouldn’t have to teach anyone how to play all the resources are there for you to do it on your own and don’t tell me there’s so many new players coming in lol. i’m telling ya its just people who don’t care and will continue to do thats why leaving keys is a great thing in the first place. the social contract is nothing to whine about it’s the same old policy blizz has had in place forever if you don’t like a group just leave cause people ain’t going to get better just cause you tell them something they do it on there own. most people on the forums are to cranky touch grass. and if people really wanted interrupts going down right and everything else you’d join voice it ain’t hard when everypne burns interrupt on the same thing its your fault for not being in voice in the first place no matter what level key it is. it takes 5 secs to get in voice.

Technically speaking, even your suggested rewording could be considered harassment by some of the player base and still be reported as a violation of the SC. I would hope GMs have enough common sense to not infer it that way, but, well, Hell is other people and all that.