The worst part of the new social contract

1. Logs. They have them.
  2. If you can’t be constructive without being a prick, then yeah, that’s a you issue and you should probably work on that.
4 Likes

No, when you check the box to the EULA, you are agreeing to that as well. It even says it when you check the box.

Just because you want to disconnect the two and pretend that Blizzard’s moral fiber and history has nothing to do with their current, recent and near future actions, doesn’t make it fact.

And the line “use some actual thought” is dismissive, derogatory and against the Social Contract.

1 Like

Okay, then this question should be easy to answer:

Because I don’t see any other point in repeating blizrd bad ad nauseum with no other argument.

4 Likes

You know no one here is talking about normals, heroics or leveling content. They’re talking about M+, which is an endgame activity.

This poster spends majority of their time doing damage control.

its kind of hard to have social contracts in game when you have places like moonguard goldshire in game.

I won’t deny there’s correlation between Blizzard’s current public image and this here contract. I don’t care either.

What I do care about is a reality I lived with prior to this contract. I expected to be harassed, I expected slurs, anger, violence. I expected non-optimal gameplay to be judged so harshly it would make you wonder why you’d do it again.

We don’t need to be like that. We can improve without being royal buttholes to each other. We can fit a high-level game pinnacle as much as we can the casual play style. And we can do it all while following the social contract.

4 Likes

You spend the majority of your time being unable to comprehend basic reading.

Go back to school, clown.

1 Like

I would hope you know that no one is actually trying to say we should be able to harass people with impunity because blizzard molested and harassed women and probably lead one to kill herself.

What some of us are saying is that it is completely condescending and unnecessary to make us “agree to play nice” or not even play the game. We already have the EULA, the ToS and they updated the report system. That is enough.

Concept is the same. Either you want to be nice to and have fun with a random group of others or you simply want to be a selfish jerk asking whats in it for me?

I go in expecting nothing and come out expecting nothing and I am happy. For some reason people like you never seem to be happy.

The hypocrisy is glaring. These are the people telling YOU not to be disrespectful or abusive.

2 Likes

I firmly believe ppl can do high keys given the time to learn and grow. Pretty much like anything in life. Crazy yo

2 Likes

Well, blame your fellow players. If WoW’s community wasn’t such abject garbage (as on display here) then they wouldn’t have to be reminded constantly of basic social niceties.

3 Likes

Wanting to complete a timed, end-game content in a reasonable fashion, without wasting your time or resources, is not being a selfish jerk.

End-game content does not exist to be taught in-media-res.

Ahh i see, so youre the reason all these pug groups fall apart.

the social contract did nothing people already got in trouble for this before the social contract hun. maybe not on one report but you got punished the same as you will now besides them suspending you now instead of silencing.

1 Like

I gave up with that one and their honeyed friend last night.

They want to argue, that’s all.

Makes me think of my cat stretching her pawz.

Honestly, you’re being more vitriolic than some of the people you think you’re calling out.

Nothing anyone has said makes it necessary, called for, or acceptable to refer to them as “clowns” or tell them to “go back to school”. You’re literally showcasing the behaviors you’re supposedly decrying.

4 Likes

Agreed 100%. Same with raiding. All FF players do the standard normal WoW raid merely to complete the story line. They will fail that thing over and over until they complete it. Zero harassment, only positive, assisting behavior.

(Ok there’s some harassment. People do get heckled eventually. They have to be real careful with what they say though.)

For one, please don’t call me hun.

For two, no one would report because most players used the same vitriolic responses to each other. If they were reporting, it’d be mass hypocritical behavior. It is just accepted that WoW players are toxic. League levels almost.

2 Likes