The worst part of the new social contract

Working as intended. It makes them “feel good” despite the negative affects of it.
It rewards the wrong behavior IMHO.

Another bad faith troll I see. Ok, moving on with my life.

1 Like

No one agrees to tooltip suggestions.

Just because he disagrees with you, doesn’t make what he’s saying in bad faith or make him the troll.

The fact he’s not the only person saying these kind of arguments to your counter in these kind of threads is more or less proof of that.

It’s making sure people read it because they obviously don’t read the EULA that says things in the same vein. Because it was against the rules to be hateful under that.

The common denominator is you’re the problem.

The EULA does not have those “suggestions” in it.

Oh really. So you could just be racist and harass people under those rules… no, lol!

Nice misrepresentation of what I’m saying. No one has said anything about the second half of the social contract. That’s always been in the EULA and ToS; I know that and you know that.

You’ll move on because you cannot argue for it’s validity in the “contract.” You know it doesn’t belong. And you know that around these forums players abuse the report function. The same way they abuse(d) the automated in-game silence feature.

It is you that must consistently omit realities around this community to argue in bad faith to give validity to the laughable and unenforceable upper portion.

They aren’t enforcing that you make friends. It’s just a please read this and don’t be a jerk thing.

3 Likes

Imagine actually explaining a dungeon to someone. Imagine making new players feel welcome so they can do content without being ridiculed. Imagine someone saying, “Hey I finished Mythic+ 3 and I’m new to 4. What’s different?” Imagine helping them understand before the group starts.

This is something I genuinely enjoy about FF14. You can join a “learning” end-game raid group and know completely nothing about the fight. That’s how many people are willing to try the content they’ve never done before. They’ll even take you into Discord and explain the entire fight or do call outs.

We could be the same. Three tiers of group raiding: new, progressing, and clearing. There’s no need for this name-calling and harassment.

2 Likes

Then why did I have to agree to it or not be allowed to play?

I already agreed to the second half of the contract when I signed up for the game.

subjectivity

noun

1. the quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions

So that you see it. It’s so maybe it improves some behaviors in game.

Antisocial people don’t even realize the danger we Newcomer Guides put ourselves in sometimes out of a genuine desire to help new players.

Sometimes new players get frustrated at the game and take it out on the person helping them. And that person helping them is gonna be someone who probably approaches strangers more often than most people in this thread who “only talk to their guild” do.

We’re punishing socialization most of all, when it’s hard to distinguish petty from deserved punishments, and most people don’t realize how bad the knock-down effect of that will be.

1 Like

It’s not name calling, or harassment, to point out when someone obviously doesn’t know how to play their class, how to do the content or how to properly participate in the end game.

This isn’t a normal or heroic dungeon; this is timed end-game content, where people are probably expending consumables.

They are just telling you not to be a jerk to people. You can’t be banned for not joining up with people and being social. It says try to, no do.

2 Likes

But I had to agree to it or not be allowed to play the game, at all.

If it’s not enforceable, than it’s terribly condescending. I’m a grown adult, I don’t need a company that is being sued six ways to sunday for sexual harassment and misogyny, and is historically infamous for not caring about certain cultures and human rights movements, to talk down to me like I’m a child who doesn’t know how to get along in Kindergarten.

1 Like

It is serving it’s intended purpose. Instead of people talking about how the company drove an employee to suicide, or how they overwork their employees and underpay them, or how they lay off workers to go and hire cheaper labor to replace them, OR how they harass their workers on the daily, players are arguing with each other.

The same way they retcon a character to be trans or gay every time they get into hot water.