The worst part of the new social contract

Being a jerk =/= being wrong.

Still makes you a jerk.

Not sure how being right justifies anything.

5 Likes

Or you could rephrase it to something less rude.

“I’m sorry but your DPS isn’t at the level we need to complete M+. I suggest you find a guide and improve before you try again”

2 Likes

I don’t know how being polite justifies anything either.

This is a valid point. I’ve been in numerous pugs where players are just downright terrible and it’s genuinely been a waste of time.

What I’ve done over time is build up a friend’s list of pugs who were good. I have a “Tanks”, “healers”, and “DPS” category. Now, I rarely if ever have to pug. And most of these people were in the same situation as me: they hated pugging because of awful players yet they didn’t know enough people to have a fixed group.

Give it a shot and best of luck! At the very least, if you take competent players out of the pug player pool, it makes it that much worse for everyone else! (if your goal is to troll)

1 Like

Nah, people in this thread have already said that your suggested phrasing is rude and unnecessary too.

2 Likes

Yep. Last night did Mists18. We were gonna 2 chest it. But guess what, all 3 dps would constantly die to aoe on last bosss…so we didn’t time it.

So yes, I called them out… so I bet they reported me. I didn’t call them names, but I said it was really really dumb. They called me a jerk and I said “l2p”.

Read the bold:

Hail, traveler, and welcome to the World of Warcraft! Azeroth is a living world full of people like you - other players with different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and histories who have all come together to play World of Warcraft. Every player deserves to have a world that they feel safe in, so please take a minute to read our Social Contract.

While in Azeroth, do your best to:

• Connect with other players and make friends! Being courteous in group content can help you and your teammates have the best time possible. Sending a friendly hello message can help set your group up for success.

• Play as a team with your fellow players - whether in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas, or out questing in the world. Do your best to support your team through your communication and behaviors so that you can all celebrate your success together.

• Assist other players that you encounter in the world. Maybe they need some help defeating a tough monster, or maybe they could use a little healing!

• Help answer questions others have in chat channels like General or Trade. We were all newbies once - one person offering some help can go a long way!

We recognize that the Internet is not always a safe haven. With that in mind, please note that the following behaviors are not accepted in Azeroth:

• Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player’s identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability

• Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors

• Spamming, advertising, or other disruptive behaviors

• If you harm your fellow adventurers with any of the above behaviors, you are subject to punishment up to and including suspension of your account.

YOU say it’s just a suggestion. And it’s because you want to bicker about it. It does NOT belong in this laughable contract. There is no way to argue it belongs in the same list of agreements as the bottom portion. The bottom portion is basic but the top leaves the issue of subjectivity from crybabies and spiteful people. The type of people who keep trying to frame it up as someone wanting to be abusive. Maybe we don’t want to be obligated to help you? Help yourself and make friends. And if someone doesn’t help you, it’s not something you can hold over others’ heads and report them for.

There’s nothing abusive about ignoring you if you don’t know how to search, or pulled something you’re incapable of handling. Learn your class and limitations.

Look at the forums how often the report feature is abused. Don’t pretend like this won’t result in many false reports. And the top portion enables it.

1 Like

They mean “I can be passive-aggressive, but you can’t be direct” mostly.
I’ve met some of these people in-game. They’re not nice.

2 Likes

The worst part is people not reading the EULA so they think this contract is something new.

5 Likes

The contract does have new parts though.

1 Like

Yous should sees FF14: You wills have action taken against your accounts if you’re callin’ folks out, including over DPS.

The ultimate solutions is to run M+ with ya friends or folks you trust, and nots pugging it up wheres you have no idea what you’re getting intos.

1 Like

Giving advice on playing nice with others is not new.

2 Likes

Do your best is not an obligation, it’s a suggestion.

Not sure what you’re not understanding about how words work.

4 Likes

It wasn’t a part of the EULA or ToS.

1 Like

But if someone is dying and sabotaging the run, they aren’t playing “as a team” then, right? Soooooo can it classify as I’m being abused then?

That’s what gets you reported… I tried to teach a group of new players 1 time. Logged back in next morning to a warning. (We barely timed +2 NW)

So me calling out other’s mistakes will get me banned.

1 Like

It’s a suggestion, not even a rule. It’s no more than the screen tips that scroll on the loading screen.

1 Like

That’s called subjectivity. It is among the list of obligations. Suggestions are never parts of contractual agreements. That’s basic understanding for most people. Do you understand how contracts work?

You apparently don’t understand what a contract is and what the word subjectivity means.

Just tanked a +5 Plaguefall

3rd boss, one person got webbed over and over because they were a range who wouldn’t stack with people

4th boss, one person got hit by nearly every tentacle, but didn’t die because healer was good & they have enough HP to survive a smack

But neither of them, was their first time in the dungeon on Mythic - and this was a +5

How can people queue dungeons they don’t know basic mechanics? That kinda thing annoys me to no end…

You’re still agreeing to abide by it or not being allowed to play the game. Seems more binding than just a suggestion.