The worst part of the new social contract

Morning Honey.

1 Like

Can I have a cookie? I didn’t do anything to earn it, but I am asking nicely. Can I have a cookie please? :o

2 Likes

(sneaks Gridia a cookie)

:cookie:

1 Like

Ooooh. And its chewy! ‘:D’ Chewy is always better then crunchy. Thank you.

2 Likes

Little of both. Plus I have found a lot if people don’t notice insults when they come in a pleasant tone and coupled with generally accepted polite terms like please and thank you.

Someday someone will catch on though and punch me in the eye and I can’t say I won’t deserve it.

I would politely identify what they are doing wrong (e.g. low DPS, standing in mechanics) and give specific examples if I had any. I probably wouldn’t direct them to guides unless they asked questions that I couldnt answer

2 Likes

Maybe if people would learn to make friends and run stuff as a guild, Discord community or Bnet community, no one would have to freak out about pug life.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not my or your responsibility to tell them how to do their rotations to improve their dps.

1 Like

The worst part of the social contract is the people who won’t stop fear mongering over it.

If you were fine before, you’ll be fine now. It’s just reiterating the ToS we’ve already all agreed to.

Let it go.

6 Likes

The community will cannibalize itself. It already is in a way. The constant bickering over this laughable contract.

No, telling people they need to “do their best” to help out noobs, answer questions, drop what you’re doing to help them kill a quest mob was not in the tos before. And telling miserable people that others are now obligated to do so ensures more butthurt reports or spiteful reports.

One only needs to look at how some around the forums report posts that they disagree with to silence them.

4 Likes

Lot’s of problems with this.

• Everyone stands in the “bad” once in awhile.
  • You can’t tell people: “you don’t deserve higher gear unless you’re doing Mythics, WoW is supposed to be a social game; Solo’s find another game, but don’t go in dungeons because you’re not good enough.”
  • I personally am a mediocre player. I’m as good as I’m going to get unless I spend hours a day practising, researching, and watching streamer’s. That’s why my main or any other toon doesn’t do dungeons. – for my piece of mind and not screwing up others.
    -This kind of talk only reinforces that decision.

Are you kidding??!!! yep, like that will help! And really, what does this have to do with the Social Contract for you? Just another excuse to bad mouth the players not as good as you? You’re not getting banned for saying it: you’re just voicing an opinion. Just don’t be nasty about it. You’re free to leave if you don’t like it.

2 Likes

You are correct, it’s not. But I try to help my fellow players as much as I can.

So if I have suggestions and they are willing to listen I will do what I can.

2 Likes

Though honestly, I’m also not the kind of person to bad mouth people over poor performance publically.

I get frustrated, then fed up, then silently drop the key and hearth out.

3 Likes

“Your DPS is low, are you capable of doing more?”

“We will need you to interrupt on this boss when he casts this spell”

“Avoid purple circles on the ground for this boss or you will die”

2 Likes

That’s a suggestion, not a command. Again, enough of the lies and fear mongering. No one is, or will be, banned for not helping some rando kill mobs in Redridge Mountains.

6 Likes

People still go to Redridge Mountains?

1 Like

Maybe, idk lol

Man, they need to do an expac where they revamp the old world again (specifically dead areas like that, Fel Wood, Winterspring, etc.) and actually has us doing the current content in them.

That was the problem with Cata; they put all that work into re-doing the old zones, but relegated them only for leveling instead of putting us there for the expansion.

2 Likes

Imagine being this person. Like how do you operate in your real life? Seems pretty obvious you’re blunt, but also just a giant jerk.

6 Likes

I mean you can call them out.

But just don’t be rude about it :person_shrugging:

Also, you could totally have gotten banned for being rude to low DPS players before the social contract came out too.

1 Like