The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

is that the same argument like how you believe blizzard adding btags to the wow forums would cause them to lose money?

So far you havent been especially compelling

2 Likes

So we concur, you don’t understand the definition of gloating?

You didnt pick apart any of my replies bro.

You broke ToS multiple times on here lmao and you got called out on it multiple times.

Thats not me throwing stones, thats YOU doing it to yourself :rofl:

Also got caught lying.

Guilty.

3 Likes

Yet here I am.

i hope there’s a similar discussion happening in the special “secret” forum.

:upside_down_face:

Doesn’t take away from the fact that you did.

1 Like

Then you benefitted from inconsistent moderation and someone gave you leeway that might not continue to be extended to you if the behavior continues or causes problems.

Our Moderation staff keeps an eye out for this behavior, and those verified to be sockpuppeting have been warned against the behavior and even penalized. Does it happen 100% of the time? No, but our staff does what it can as it is reported and verified.

“You do know we can see when you post on alternate characters, right? Sockpuppeting in support of your own views also violates our Forum Code of Conduct.”

10 Likes

I could argue the same if I had personal vendettas against certain posters.

But I don’t. I’ve made my point and the dice is cast over Btags.

Not to be pedantic, but…

The phrase is ‘the die is cast’. Dice is the plural of die. One die, two dice. If more than one die is cast, then the dice are cast.

8 Likes

Again, please do not conflate “the community” with yourself.

6 Likes

That’s been my reaction to many of your replies in this thread, and others related to this particular topic. Kind of off-putting, huh?

As always Ard, thank you for your support! Without you I really don’t think we could get this done.
:+1:

Calzone11988

3 Likes

Didn’t you resub just to comment on this forum?

1 Like

Just to reply to you, and, well, the others…

It’s been chump change well spent.

Good night. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Arguments are fine as long as people keep it civil.

2 Likes

Fix it for you Ard :wink:

are you going to call out the others, some of whom even specifically announced it, that created alternate paid accounts in order to post?

if the terrible bad faith poster, who was posting trash videos and declaring how he didnt want to be murdered if his btag were to be shown, didnt have his thread 404’d i’d quote it for you, where in the first line he declared he posts from a different account to that he plays

1 Like

I’m only one man.

This is what i mean yeah, they stopped making the addon because blizzard broke the functionality by removing the thing it needed to work.

1 Like

Well in reality it is true considering the arguments against battle tags at this point.

Thats the point of this thread is to reduce the amount of trolling here on the forums.

People that don’t want battle tags don’t really have a real reason why they are against it. when asked for citation as to how battle tags would increase harassment, how it would add an avenue for gold sellers or carries to sell their services, how it would enable these “bad faith actors” to use them maliciously against you, all were left with is “Please PLEASE trust me bro!”, no actual proof, evidence or facts.

Than you have those people who are “I like my privacy” with battle tags but the whole privacy thing is slammed dunked by Blizzard and if you want proof of this, go load into a match of Overwatch, HoTS, Hearthstone, Starcraft or play Diablo, its already public. We sent links to the same support article multiple times and told multiple people this that Battle tags are the same thing as a Steam Username, Xbox gamertag, Discord tag, or hell even your character name that you are posting on right now… shocking I know.

At this point the only real reason that people are against btags in this thread, the anti btag thread and the 404’d thread is that they just want to troll freely and get away with it by hiding behind alts. No one is venting hate here.

10 Likes

This is just an assumption since one side doesn’t feel the need to protest as strongly since Blizzard has no official plans to make any more immediate plans to change the forum and are not as fixated on trolls, or at least seeming to be.

Wait what??!!! I spent most of the weekend in D4 Beta. Did this just happen recently and I missed it?

2 Likes