The War Within Beta access

I pre-ordered the epic edition. So why isn’t beta available yet? Its the 5th here (Aus).

3 Likes

They haven’t released a time for release yet. All times are given in PST, where they are based.

If I had to guess I’d say around daily reset. But you’ll know when we all know, hope you don’t have to wait too much longer.

2 Likes

I believe war within is still in alpha. Keep a eye out for when they say open beta will start. Sure will start with closed beta and further on will open to everyone else.

I pre-ordered the epic edition. So why isn’t beta available yet? Its the 5th here (Aus).

Bro, it is almost the 6th.

If I had to guess I’d say around daily reset

daily reset for us was over 12 hours ago.

I believe war within is still in alpha. Keep a eye out for when they say open beta will start. Sure will start with closed beta and further on will open to everyone else.

It was announced by blizzard on their website on the 31st May, and is all over battle.net app that the beta starts on the 5th June.

We must have to wait for the US to enter the 5th behind everyone else.

1 Like

Yep its the 5th here. Almost 19:30 now. Guess you’re right we’ll have to wait until tomorrow (the 6th).

The times for that stuff is always US time, not aussie time. Just be patient.
(edit apparently beta should go live with the eu reset)

2 Likes

They always refer to things with PST time, unless they explicitly state otherwise

Blizzard operates in PDT, where it is currently 3:11 AM on the 5th.

I’d expect beta servers to come online some time between 10 AM and 6 PM PDT, or in 7 to 15 hours.

2 Likes

it’s barely 3 am in PT.

y’all, timezones aren’t new. <3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Beta starts on June 5th, most likely at 11est (reset time for us)

Those realms are down anyway. Watch the test forum for updates.

5 Likes

Doth we have any news?

I’ll be at work then so that’s lost time. Damnit!

1 Like

It’s 5am, it might be a while.

This is what I hate about blizz. They waste time. When a date is announced for a beta or expansion going live it should be at 12 midnight straight away soon as the day ticks over. Not 8-12 hours later. That is lost time.

1 Like

Time zones are a thing. Any release like this has always been at the time zone that Blizzard HQ is in, and that’s PST. That has and will continue to be how most businesses operate.

3 Likes

No matter what time they launch, it’ll be late/early for someone in the world.

Hard to accept when you feel the world should revolve around you I know, but hey - get over it.

9 Likes

The USA picked this timezone for a reason! It is strategic. we get all of our information from the future!

Beta and PTR are under the discretion of the development team. If they had a specific time frame they were shooting for, they would have shared that.

All I can advise is watching the testing or General forums for the go live announcement. It likely will be aggregated across fan sites like mmo champion or wowhead.

GM staff, and by extension, CS, has no say in this.

4 Likes

THey have no “say” sure, but they can inform just fine. Not like they cant talk to each other.