Incompatible servers

There isn’t much to fix, it’s within the dev perview and they’re the one who handle the invites and server state.

2 Likes

It says incompatible because the beta version number is different from the server version. Calm down, they are still prepping servers and will go live soon

6 Likes

why cant they put this sort of info on the client? instead of having me google how to fix or post in forums asking how to fix it? i just spent the last half hour doing nothing thinking i was doing something. this is bogus.

1 Like

Theres a mega thread with a blue post saying it was going live later today.

6 Likes

link please?

6 Likes

Why can’t players wait until they announce that the Beta is open and folks can bum rush the gates then? Getting salty because everyone is in such a hurry before that official “GO!” has sounded boggles the mind. I get it, it’s new content and just wanting to try out all the shiny things is exciting, but everyone who complaining and irritable and WHY AREN’T THINGS UP?!?!

Because they are still working on getting the final things set up before opening the servers. They haven’t announced it’s up yet. Pretty simple things.

4 Likes

Listen, this is the Blizzard Forums. You can’t just come in here swinging around logic and reason all willy nilly like that. Show some respect!

5 Likes

Well that’s not very nice. :slightly_frowning_face:

Beta was supposed to start at 7am PDT. They are almost a full 5 hours late on what they told us to expect.

Perhaps people are bum-rushing the gates because they are done waiting for something that should have been done 5 hours ago?

I agree, people are entitled. But you’re suggesting we weren’t given a date and time for when this would begin when we were.

2 Likes

Cite?

4 Likes

Do you have a link that gives this exact time of 7am PDT? Because I haven’t seen that in any of the links or documentation.

5 Likes

Seconding Sniperorc and Mourningg. I’ve looked through most every place I know to look, and not a single source has ANY time listed. Only that it will open on June 5th.

And unless it’s a Blue post - it doesn’t count. So if this was something you’re quoting from a streamer or Reddit, neither are reliable resources. Nothing has been posted on this site, be it on the forums or through their news. Wowhead has nothing. The shop has nothing.

5 Likes

That’s before I’d expect most people to have arrived at the office to do any of that.

I understand if the planet you got that from wishes to remain unidentified.

1 Like

It’s exactly what incompatible means. In this case, the Beta pops up 2 licenses for you to choose (in my case 1 and 6), where 1 is your PTR license, and 6 is the beta license.

The 10.2.7 PTR servers are incompatible with the 11.0 client.

Sauce, please?

I’d think this be it. The War Within Beta Test Begins June 5!

There was a post by one of our SFAs in one of the larger WHERE IS MAH BETA?!? threads, but it does not appear to be there anymore. Probably because folks are finally being able to access the beta servers, it was rendered moot. Not sure if the thread was 404’d or whatnot, there were a good dozen or so of the same thing.

2 Likes

I can’t find any Beta release time given in that article.

Maybe quote the relevant part?

2 Likes

Alright boys and girls, seems like what I read wasn’t saying that is the time beta starts, it’s “the time updates are usually done” and because I only skimmed it I read what I wanted to read I guess :laughing:

My bad. But the stand by the rest of what I said :saluting_face: