The Unofficial we Have Enough Races to Play Thread

You mean there aren’t 10 guys sitting in a room yelling at each other about one thing? That’s all it takes to make wow, right?

Just give us Vrykul and Arakkoa :sob:

We don’t have enough races to play.

2 Likes

High Elves or die! :candle:

Bull!

Real High Elves are already in the game as NPCs and that is the version everyone agrees on.

I need more. MORE

Sethrak
Ethereals

Gimme

1 Like

I want every class available for every race. Gnome Druid and Gnome Paladin here I come!

Honestly, I’d be happy with the next expac massively increasing playable races from those in all the existing expansions and rebuilding old content, properly, not the half assed way it was done with both Cata and SL. They could even update the UI at the character creation screen to be a ‘choose the expansion’ type thing for the first step of what race you want to make it easier to find the right one, I’d much rather have a high quality rebuild of old world zones and new things to do in them than a new place to have to learn to navigate/do things in for that cycles flavor of the month with borrowed power.

1 Like

Personally I want Vrykul and Ogres then they can never release another race for all I care.

I’m not in a rush though and would vastly prefer we get a new class in 10.0

Humans are the diseased/mutant babies of the Vrykul, so in a way, you can already play Vrykul.

Ogres would be nifty though, I remember playing Cho’Gal in HotS with a friend, was crazy fun, if weird lol

BC: They could add Arakoa from this in two flavors, Corrupted and High Borne, with Corrupted getting Lock as and option and High Borne instead getting Paladin as an option

WotLK: Taunka and Tuskar instantly come to mind here!

Cata: Quill boar made a huuuuuge push in this one, and it’d be interesting to play a race with thorns damage when attacked from behind, wouldn’t it?

MoP: Yongol, Hozen, Jinyu, Grummels, heck, even the Virmin from this expac use weapons and tools so could be a, if seriously silly, playable

WoD: Arakoa show up again here but would kinda double up with the ones from BC cause WoD is alternate time line Draenor, otherwise we’d still have options in the Saberon dudes here but most intelligent races this expac that would be ‘humanoid’ are also covered in prior expacs

Legion: We already got allied races from this, so nothing really stands out for me that wasn’t made playable?

B4A: Sethrak and the Underwater Goblin things as Jinyu were mentioned with the mop grouping already

SL: with how things work in SL all the new ‘races’ are just…reshaped souls of existing people so…don’t really want any of these added

Agree that there are already plenty of races and classes to play. Too many choices often leads to people giving up.

I am personally okay with old transmog not working correctly on new races if the new races are interesting and not reskins of already existing ones.

1 Like

My biggest disapointment in regards to this currently is that KT/Zand druids get their own super special racial druid forms yet no other races do, and that for the races prior to them, the racial ‘indicator’ that you keep in your forms…is the same regardless of your cosmetic options for non druid form. So my HM Tauren bear tank who has one broken antler when not transformed has the same, generic, HM antlers in her druid forms as every other HM Tauren Druid

Taller variation of Vulpera for Worgen allied race.
Light born or Skeletal Undead for Forsaken allied race.

Alternatively Ogres for Horde, Saberon for Alliance

Ok here my proposition.

Rat people.

3 Likes

I … have to disagree, simply because Shadowlands proves that without a new race or races, things get phoned in that much harder.

Seriously, does anyone think the handful of jewelry and skintone options we got begins to compare to a new race complete with -
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀• Two new skeletons (♂ & ♀) complete with animations
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀• All new textures
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀• New Voice Sets
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀• New characters
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀• New Lore
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀• New architecture and environment dressing

Also keep in mind that outside of the Pandaren (which the devs have expressed regret over) there’s usually two races per expansion, meaning all of that, x2.

The “character customization” push of Shadowlands falls woefully short of that kind of meaningful, lasting addition, and if that’s what we can expect in a WoW expansion without new races, I have to say… no thanks.

Don’t understand, why is it unreasonable to have both?

2 Likes

With how the players I’ve encountered seem to love MoP and the Pandaren, the only reason I can think of for them to regret pandaren is that it caused friction with China due to their laws about pandas, and the ‘fun time’ they had adding a race which started out not in a faction and then was assigned one later

Yes, Crick elves