The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Wowpedia updated their page for Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor with mentions of characters and a few other parts. Nothing said so far about any of the Horde Ogre clans that I can see, unfortunately.

You can see the Wowpedia page here:

In terms of specific characters mentioned, there are no mentions of any specific Horde Ogres. There also is no mention of Megs Dreadshredder, so unless the Dunemaul Clan is talked about generally, they might not be mentioned at all.

Speaking of, since I don’t have the book, I don’t know whether any of the Horde Ogre clans are mentioned generally. I checked the Wowpedia page for all three clans, and nothing was updated on them. I think I heard that Dustwallow Marsh was put in the Barrens section of the book, so it’s possible not much went over the area, let alone anything about the MU Stonemaul Clan.

The only thing Ogre related I’ve seen, aside from the Gordunni back in Feralas, is that there is a new King Gordok. This is one of the specific characters mentioned in the book Wowpedia has, and they even edited the King Gordok page under the notes section:

“After the Fourth War, Zekhan confirmed that Malus no longer held the title Gordok, implying there is now a new Gordok.”

Who is Malus, you might ask? He is the human that became King Gordok in the Traveler book series:

Interesting to note is this said on that page:

“After the Fourth War, Zekhan learned about Malus leading the Gordunni. When the Darkspear ambassador visited Dire Maul, he confirmed that Malus no longer held the Gordok title.”

I assume by Darkspear ambassador, that would be Zekhan. I’d be curious what all is said about Dire Maul in the book, but since the Traveler book series seems to be canon, I don’t know why the Horde and the MU Stonemaul Clan didn’t move in to claim Dire Maul for their own while the Gordunni clan were off in the book’s story. Oh, as for that new King Gordok, it’s likely one of the Gordunni Ogres from the book. Sounds like something I need to look into and read to see what all is said.

As for the Gordunni Clan as a whole, this was added to Wowpedia’s page for them at the end of the History section which takes place after the Traveler series:

“The remaining Gordunni returned to their homes in Feralas. They hold many of the best areas of the jungle, and after the Fourth War they continue to attack Camp Mojache and Camp Ataya, both of which needed help. As a response, the Horde Council sent Belgrom Rockmaul to answer their calls for help. Belgrom reported that adventurers had aided him in thinning the enemy forces, but it wasn’t enough. While the tug of war goes on between the gnolls, yetis, silithid, and the Horde, the Gordunni grow their holdings. Their war parties hammer the contested borders of the jungle and spoil what land they pry away from others. They continue to lay claim to the Forgotten Coast, and force captives to fight in the Dire Maul arena for the pleasure of their king, Gordok. Rexxar and Zekhan visited Dire Maul, even though the Gordunni didn’t like them being there. The ogres told them about a cruel human named Malus who was their king. Zekhan then confirmed that Malus no longer held the title Gordok and reported that there are many warriors present in the ruins.”

So Dire Maul, which was suppose to be empty during the Traveler series, was retaken by the Gordunni Clan, meaning the Horde didn’t really do much to take over it in the first place. As a result, the Gordunni Clan become a huge pain by attacking the Horde, and thus become a threat again. Meanwhile, the MU Stonemaul Clan either left the area or are just sitting there.

…I’m really hoping that Blizzard didn’t forget there was at least one clan of Ogres within the Horde, especially the MU Stonemaul Clan who had importance to the Horde since Warcraft 3. Then again, they really botched Gazlowe in this book and really got his character wrong, so who knows if any of the Horde Ogre clans are mentioned at all?

I’ll continue to see if I can find any more information on the book. Seeing as my order is still in delayed limbo on Amazon US, it may be awhile before I can get my hands on it to see what is or what likely isn’t within the book.

And once again, if anyone happens to have Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor in their hands, if you could please share if anything is said about the Horde Ogre clans at all (especially in the Dustwallow Marsh, Feralas, and Tanaris sections), please share! I’d be really appreciative!

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

So a weird thing about Winter Veil is that it appears the sleigh ride isn’t showing up on any of my Horde characters in Orgrimmar. It does appear in Ironforge on my Alliance characters, so I don’t know if it is bugged or what. Hopefully, it’ll get fixed in the near future so I can take some festive screenshots with it.

In the meantime, there are other aspects of Winter Veil I’ll be taking some screenshots of! Here is one I took today:

An Ogre from the MU Stonemaul Clan meets with Greatfather Winter. He hopes he has been a good Ogre all year, as he wants to ask for his clan and the other Horde Ogre clans to get an official induction into the Horde as his Winter Veil gift. He dreams of being able to adventure and fight for the Horde!

Still hoping to see Horde Ogres underneath my Winter Veil tree. I’m sure the Horde Ogre clans would like to be able to join in the festivities in Orgrimmar. At least the MU Stonemaul Clan gets to celebrate it at Brackenwall Village!

1 Like

Happy Winter Veil from the Stonemaul Ogre megathread!

As hard as the journey has been, I’m still keeping hope to see the Horde Ogre clans come into the picture again in the near future and become a playable Horde race. I still want to keep going to make sure they aren’t forgotten and to hopefully be able to create my Ogre Fury Warrior someday!

Whatever your plans are this week, please have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil. As always, dream big, Ogre fans! :christmas_tree::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Ion put playable Ogres under my tree you coward

3 Likes

Playable Ogres for the Horde! puts a little holiday hat on Lunk

6 Likes

An Ogre from the MU Stonemaul Clan walks into Orgrimmar and notices the huge Winter Veil tree in the distance. He makes note of this and plans to tell his clan about the tree. He hopes they’ll be able to create one just as big in Dustwallow Marsh!

3 Likes

I can’t wait for my Ogre Sumo Wrestler Monk to walk into Orgrimmar on his journey toward enlightenment.

Though… Not sure that will be his real goal or not…

1 Like

The flying sleigh in Orgrimmar is fixed! Hopefully it is back for good this time. Because of that, I can now show off screenshots of the return of Santa Ogre, spreading cheer and delivering presents to the good members of the Horde!

The Draenor Ogre model was used with an elixir of giant growth to make the Ogre a bit bigger.

Happy Winter Veil Eve, and as always, dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

I dunno, with the way ogres look I’d be surprised if they go for any sort of lightening :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have no words. Lol

2 Likes

love how tiny his knifes are. hes fingers are bigger then them, lol :smiley:

1 Like

I actually forgot to remove my Rogue’s daggers when I used Glyph of Disguise to get the Ogre illusion on for that screenshot. Sometimes I get too caught up in creativity that I fail to notice some of the smaller details. At least it adds to the screenshot. :smiley:

1 Like

I hope everyone had a great Winter Veil yesterday!

The sleigh ride in Orgrimmar seems to have disappeared completely again for a third time for some reason. I’ve put in a bug report both in-game and on the Bug Report section of the forums. Hopefully, it will get fixed so people can enjoy it before Winter Veil ends in-game.

On another note, I took a couple more festive screenshots:

A member of the MU Stonemaul Clan looks at the presents. He has seen many members of the Horde come and take some. Surprised, he notices one that is addressed to him!

"To a very special Ogre,

May your Winter Veil be wonderful and your dreams come true!

-Greatfather Winter"

The Ogre happily takes the present and excitedly opens it!

Why, it’s a Crashin’ Thrashin’ Juggernaught toy! These types of ships were based on Ogre ship designs! The Ogre happily plays with it some. He is thankful that he was given such a great gift, and he will be letting his clan know of the festivities so they too can enjoy the holiday with the other members of the Horde!

Happy Winter Veil! As always, dream big, Ogre fans! :christmas_tree::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Lok’tar Ogre! We need them.

2 Likes

Oh thats a nice touch! I love it!

I hope Ogres get to be playable soon.

3 Likes

Seeing as the end of the year is coming up, I thought I’d make the usual “end of the year” post. Will be posting this in both my megathreads, albeit with some differences to go with that megathread’s theme better.

This year has been…less than stellar for a number of reasons. It has been a rather rough time to keep positive as a result. My hope is that the game will go in a better direction and that Activision employees will get better treatment and a much better work environment.

As for WoW itself, I’m not currently planning on quitting anytime soon. As much as Shadowlands has been a contender for my least favorite expansion, I’ve been enjoying doing stuff in game. In fact, I recently changed my main covenant to Necrolords and have been really enjoying it. Getting to create constructions, being able to summon a slime pet that helps briefly in battle, engaging in the arena, and liking my covenant abilities have really helped my enjoyment. Not to mention being Plague Deviser Marileth’s apprentice is a joy. I still am not fond of Shadowlands as a whole, but at least I can still find some fun things within it.

I am hoping we’ll at least get a new expansion announcement next year, seeing as we’re coming to the end of Shadowlands. Speaking of, the strongest rumor currently seems to be Dragon Isles. I’m all for it, myself, since it would mean we’d be back in the living world (of Warcraft!) and dragons have the potential for being an interesting theme. I am unsure of what storyline would go with it, though I do wonder if we might see the different Dragon Flights in a new covenant-like system. I assume they would all be involved somehow.

As for the Horde Ogre Clans, seeing as the MU Stonemaul Clan had a big fight with Onyxia’s minions and how some of her eggs may have survived, I feel like they would fit very well in a Dragon Isles expansion. As I said, I don’t really know what the storyline would be that would lead us there, but I’m sure the MU Stonemaul Clan at least would love to have a bit of revenge on any evil dragons for running them off from their home. Hopefully, the Horde Ogre clans (especially the MU Stonemaul Clan) would not be forgotten in this case.

Whatever the next expansion is, I will of course keep an eye out for anything Horde Ogre related and report on my findings here. If we’re ever lucky enough to get Ogres as a playable race, I’ll revamp the main post of the megathread to collect all information about them. To be clear, my expectations are always tempered, but it never hurts to have a backup plan if we get lucky. When it comes to new expansions, however, I always keep hope of seeing playable Horde Ogres among the features.

I am hoping to figure out some other things to show off playable Horde Ogre support in the future, though my priority right now is to find a job IRL. Once I get one and my schedule is more settled, I may be able to do things like in-game events and such finally. We’ll also be reaching our 2 year anniversary on October 9th. I’ll see if I can think of anything special to do for that time when it comes.

With that, I hope everyone has a fun, happy, and safe New Year’s! Playable Horde Ogre support will continue into next year!

As always, dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Here’s hoping whatever expansion we see next it includes ogres…

They’re so overdue.

5 Likes

We need a this TBH reaction on the forums like in Discord because really this TBH. :blush: :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone! :fireworks:

I of course spent the countdown with the MU Stonemaul Clan. It is only fitting, given I’m their unofficial speaker and representative.

Actually managed to take another screenshot where Tharg and my crab pet both look at me, likely happy for a new year as well.

Here is to a new year and a brighter future. One where we may see the Horde Ogre clans appear again and get a spot on the Horde side of that character creation screen!

As always, dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

Happy New Year, let’s hope 2022 has a great future ahead with WoW and Ogres :relaxed:

3 Likes