The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Happy New Year!

I hope we get ogres come the next expansion. It’ll be a long time coming.

2 Likes

I honestly think that a playable Horde Ogre announcement will be huge news. It’s something that I and others have been waiting for since we first started playing the game long ago. As I said, it’s something I keep hope of seeing as new expansion features get announced.

In the meantime, I’ll be sure to continue to give love and support to the Horde Ogre clans as best as I can!

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Female Ogre art from Handclaw.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIHmTMPXsAYzmt3?format=jpg&name=small

4 Likes

Created by handclaw on Twitter, as linked in the above post:

It looks pretty good. The face resembles the male Ogre model a bit, but still a neat art piece!

8 Likes

Oh nice I like it!

I hope Female Ogres are more along these lines than overly “prettyfied”.

2 Likes

I mean I could see an ogre going for one but the clan will never accept it.

Better they stick to their own females.

1 Like

Just here to give my occasional bump, the most overdue race for the Horde by far! Dream big ogre fans! :heart::meat_on_bone::japanese_ogre: and happy new year of course!

4 Likes

All they gotta do is make the Males and Females of Maldraxxus into Ogres… bam works done.

The males already sit like Ogres too

Model and rig all done, just needs a reskin and ofcourse customisation options.

4 Likes

While I’m sure it is possible to use their rigging for playable Ogre models, I’m wondering if it is possible to utilize said rigging in order to have two head customization options.

I realize that no matter what direction is taken for two-head customization options, that it would require a lot of hard work to get it working. As I said, I’m hoping that it will be possible to see, since I know a lot of people are wanting two-headed Ogres.

At this point, I don’t know whether it’s possible to do that with any of the Ogre models in-game, translating them into a playable race model and attaching two-headed customization to them, or just build them from the ground up in order to build them with the option of having two heads from the beginning.

If they take any of the current Ogre models, I’m wondering if they could do something with the two-headed Ogre models in game already and edit them in a way to make each head have their own separate coding for different customizations and such. Seems like if it is possible for playable two-headed Ogres, we could see four different models for them, with two being with one head and two being with two heads for male and female Ogres.

This is just me speculating out loud, of course. I have no way of knowing if that is how it could work, given WoW’s current coding. But it is still something to think about.

2 Likes

Personally I’d love a two headed Ogre, but this is Blizzard we talking about, and their track record of taking the path with the least resistance or easy route seems to be their go to.

As a compromise, well for me atleast I’d rather one headed Ogres then none, I just want them playable already!!, who knows though maybe they’d surprise the community. :grin:

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! That female Ogre art concept is probably the best one I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

They always do the opposite of what players want. Like my fear is instead of going for ogres, they might go for Mok’nathal

4 Likes

As I said in the main post of the megathread, my hope is that either Ogres or Mok’nathol wouldn’t be put in over the other just to act as a “compromise.” It wouldn’t be fair to fans of both races, and I do feel that there is room for both.

I’m not exactly worried about this specifically, seeing as they’re both fairly different in many ways, even if Mok’nathol are suppose to be half Ogre. It really wouldn’t make sense to just have one not get in because we were given the other, especially given that a lot of allied races that became playable have much more similarities to their parent core race.

My worry more lies towards the Horde Ogre clans just being forgotten and having no presence at all in the future in helping the Horde. Their missing out on the war in BfA was a really big disappointment and missed opportunity, though I’ve ranted on that many many many times before. < - <

Ah well. I don’t want to give into despair. We’ll see what direction the next expansion or two goes. Least I’ll be keeping up the support through then! :smiley:

2 Likes

I have already gone hollow :sweat_smile:

I don’t know…it feels their priority is different right now (paying attention to other aspects of game n all)

2 Likes

The new Exploring Azeroth book gives us the first update about the MU Stonemaul since MoP, stating that they’re doing fine, expanding their holdings in Feralas. I hope we see more of them in the next expansion (along with the other Breakers the AU Mag’har brought with them).

The Horde now has 3 Ogre clans (MU Stonemaul, AU Stonemaul, Dunemaul). It would make tons of sense to add them to the playable cast, should have been a thing for ages. I’m craving for it tbh

4 Likes

Always gonna support this.

2 Likes

Personally I think Blizzard does many races in the Warcraft Universe injustice, especially certain races, clans or factions that are already Allied with Horde and Alliance, Ogres ofcourse is a major one especially since the RTS days where Rexxar joined them in, look at Taunka in Wotlk, their was a quest line literally making them members of the Horde, Hozen aswell in MoP.

For Alliance you have Jinyu, Wildhammer Dwarves and High Elves just to name a few of the top of my head.

Many races core or allied make perfect sense in being playable, and makes you wonder “why aren’t they?”

I personally hope next expansion Blizzard just goes crazy and fills in the races, never have I played a game in my life where having more choices is a bad thing, I mean add everything Ogres, Tuskarr, Sethrak like the forums are filled with passionate people who’ve for years been asking to play the races they love, who actually love the lore and story of Warcraft.

Ogres have been apart of the Horde for all of WoWs life span although taken the back seat. It’s a given now that they should be playable!!.

Not only are they truely unique aesthetically, It’s been long requested.

Heck, back even in vanilla days they’ve been asked for. People have been so passionate about Ogres even creating private WoW servers with them as a choice!.

5 Likes

100% agree with you. I think Blizzard should at least give updates on all of the races that are already established as being part of the factions (Ogres, Jinyu, Ankoan, Unshackled, Stillpine Furbolgs, Revantusk, Wildhammer…).
So many missed opportunities!!

4 Likes

Let’s hope, from feedback and changes in 9.2, with certain changes happening from actual player feedback it seems Blizzard is beginning to dust off their usual stubborn old ways.

It gives hope that maybe, just maybe they’ll be listening to players on regards to new playable races.

As they say, “False hope is better than no hope at all.”

4 Likes

It is good to hear that there is something about the MU Stonemaul Clan in that book. Since you’ve read it, I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking:

#1: Does it say anything about the MU Stonemaul Clan getting their home back?

Seems like this is something that has happened, as I can’t imagine the MU Stonemaul Clan being able to spare their members for things in other areas while their home is still occupied and overrun with those dragonkin mobs.

#2. Is there anything given to what the MU Stonemaul Clan is up to specifically in Feralas?

If they’re expanding their holdings, I assume that means either making the Stonemaul Hold bigger or making another area. Either way, I’m guessing they’re helping against the Gordunni threat, which is still growing. Granted, the Gordunni apparently left in the Traveler book series, but why nothing was done to take over Dire Maul in their absence, I don’t know.

#3. Does Rexxar make any comments on the MU Stonemaul Clan?

Having Rexxar being a big character in this book along with mention of the MU Stonemaul Clan makes me curious to know if he comments on them at all. I don’t expect a whole lot said, but still something worth nothing.

#4. Is there anything about the Dunemaul Clan at all in the Tanaris section?

It doesn’t seem like Megs Dreadshredder is in the book at all, but I’m wondering if anything about the Dunemaul Clan is mentioned. They’re technically suppose to be part of the Horde and I assume some are still there, unless Megs took all of them to get them to do something somewhere.

#5. Not an Ogre question, but since I run the Saurok megathread as well, are there any mentions of Saurok in the Un’Goro Crater section at all?

Not really expecting much about this, but since we do see at least one there during that micro holiday and given that Hearthstone has them in that area, I was curious if there was any mention or sightings of them in that section.

I do plan to get this book eventually, but my order from Amazon US is still in limbo, with Amazon US not taking any orders on it at the time of this post now. Not sure when I’ll be able to get my hand on it, let alone when it’ll be more widely available.

Any help answering this questions is greatly appreciated! :smiley:

This I do agree with. There are members of both factions that have either had no update since they joined or have barely any update to them at all.

BfA seemed like a great time to do something with a lot of those races, which makes it even more frustrating how much of a missed opportunity it was to include them. I get how the Horde and Alliance need units to defend territory in other places, but it seems odd for many members of both factions to be absent and MIA. It still doesn’t make a lot of sense for the Horde to not look into their options as opposed to forcing AU Orcs to stop what they’re doing and come fight and die in a war in another area, possibly never going back to their homeworld assuming the Lightbound stuff never happened in the first place. Much as I’m happy to see playable Mag’har Orcs, the circumstances still frustrate me to think about.

One of the bigger rumors going around is another old world revamp, so maybe then we could see an update to these members of the Horde and Alliance. Maybe we’ll be lucky enough to see them become playable, too.

Considering how things have gone this expansion and how there is big competition with FFXIV, I’m hoping that Blizzard will be more open to implementing fan requests for different aspects of the game.

We kinda saw this when they originally stopped their promise of new race customization options during Shadowlands, only to begin adding them again. Granted, it hasn’t continued as of yet, but it’s still something worth nothing.

We’ll have to see if it is something long-term or it was a short-term thing, but I do think things like new races and customization options long requested by people would go a long way in making people happy and bringing up some excitement for the game again. They’re not the sole answer to all the game’s problems, of course, but I do feel like they’re big pieces in the puzzle of getting people interested in the game again.

Time will tell whether they will be implementing such requests or not. I don’t expect everything at once, but to see things gradually get added would be a good sign. Expectations will of course be tempered, but I’ll always keep hope of some kind.

4 Likes