The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Most ogre mages are normal the rest turned stupid just because they are No longer an organized society. These bad tropes need to stop.

it doesnā€™t take take being able to wield arcane magic to be smarter thats just discrimination more than anything

1 Like

Still waiting for orge pally, definitely be female and tank might even rock the old judgment set.

4 Likes

Oh theyā€™d look good in that setā€¦

I want my Ogre Mage and my Ogre Monk mostlyā€¦

But I also have a Death Knight (Or Necromancer if they ever make that class) and an Ogre Priest in mind.

4 Likes

The next patch date has been announced for March 19th:

Looks like weā€™ll finally be able to find out what that pirate patch will be, as all we know currently is that it is a limited time event.

Iā€™m not expecting much in the way of Ogres, especially the Horde Ogre clans here, but Iā€™ll still report on whatever the event is when it is officially revealed. Hopefully it goes smoothly whatever it is.

In the meantime, Iā€™ll be brushing up on my sea shanties and practicing sword fighting so I donā€™t fight like a dairy farmer!

Yarr! :pirate_flag::japanese_ogre:

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Happy Saint Patricks Day! :four_leaf_clover: :japanese_ogre:

Couldnā€™t find the name of the artist for this leprechaun Ogre image sadly. If anyone knows, please let me know and Iā€™ll happily give credit!

Hope everyone who has plans today has a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

4 Likes

Likewise.

To be honest the leprechaun ogre is lowkey disturbing to me.

2 Likes

I tried to find Ogre related stuff for the holiday, but was unable to find very much, so I had to settle for that. If I had any artistic skills, Iā€™d draw a WoW Ogre in a leprechaun outfit with a giant four-leaf clover or something else fitting for today.

Ah well. Iā€™ll just leave it to peopleā€™s imagination. :four_leaf_clover::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Where ogres?

5 Likes

would you make a boy or girl ogre

My plan currently is to make a male Fury Warrior Ogre with one head. Still hoping that Iā€™ll be able to make him someday in WoW, since my Ogre Berserker from my days of Everquest 1 and 2 was very important to me. I mean, all my Everquest 1 and 2 characters were important and I want to remake them all in WoW somehow, but I did really love playing him.

3 Likes

Well the details of the pirate event have been revealed: Itā€™s a 40 man battle royale in a mode that is separate from Retail and Classic WoW that gives rewards for both:

Apparently you make a new character for this mode and fight in Arathi Highlands. By playing the mode, you earn some rep with a pirate faction to raise renown, up to 40 I think, to earn some rewards. Some of which have been revealed:

And if you want to know how to access this mode, this tells you how:

Iā€™m assuming the playable races consist of only races that are playable in Retail WoW. So Iā€™d be surprised if anything Horde Ogre related comes from it. At best, there might be some enemy Ogre clans as mooks you have to beat up in addition to worrying about other players, so there might be general Ogre stuff to report on.

Iā€™m planning to wait and see videos of the mode before I consider giving it a try and giving an actual opinion on this, although to be honest, I was expecting something in Retail WoW that offered PvE activities, so to see a PvP only oriented mode is a bit disappointing to me as a PvE player. Iā€™ll have to see the event in action to give a better opinion on it, however.

I do really like pirate stuff and that alleged 750 tenders would be helpful for Trading Post stuff. On the other hand, Iā€™m not really fond of PvP in MMOā€™s at all, though this being its own separate thing from regular PvP does help quite a bitā€¦well, until a meta inevitably forms.

The event is an interesting idea, but it remains to be seen how well it actually does. And I assume itā€™ll be a day or so before it is fully functional, given that this didnā€™t have any PTR testing beforehand. So weā€™ll see how it does after it goes live for a bit. :pirate_flag::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

So Iā€™ve played the Plunderstorm event quite a bit and havenā€™t seen any Ogre mobs so far. Then again, Iā€™m mostly trying to complete the quest that pops up each round before I inevitably get beaten up by other players so I can get rep.

Speaking of, the full list of rewards for each renown level was shown off:

Iā€™d be curious to see what people would come up with for Ogre pirate transmogs. Especially Ogres with two-heads.

Hopefully Ogre Pirates will be able to join the event and have fun plundering and clobbering enemies someday! :pirate_flag: :japanese_ogre: :pirates:

4 Likes

you know the fun idea to muse around on the ogres that were supposed to be there in cata probably have a alpha test build that never made it to the full alpha test by players , which leads me to believe it was very bare bones player character kinda like early development races before they have all of the skeletal rigging and the animations to make em unique this is probably why they got replaced by goblins at the last second not because of a budget but because it wasnā€™t finished, while yes we do have a WoD ogre and the revamped boomkin skeletal rig which is pretty much a revamped ogre skeletal rig was made for druids in mind first as it never had player character assets in play to make it a go theyā€™d still use the same rig but itā€™d end up like the nightborne just being a whole other model but still an ogre but more than likely its sitting in a file somewhere thats unfinished

1 Like

I beat up one ogre mob in it (near the troll area? I think) regular old ogre model. Since itā€™s set in Arathi, seemed reasonable to see some, maybe Iā€™ve just never gone where thereā€™s more.

4 Likes

So while doing some mini pet collecting and battling, I came across this neat little toy:

It lets you turn into your mini pet that you have left out. And since this is the Stonemaul Ogre megathread, I think you know where Iā€™m going with thisā€¦

Iā€™ll have to figure out some creative screenshots to take in the future with this. :smiley:

6 Likes

Bumpedy bump bump

3 Likes

Iā€™ve mentioned the Cataclysm pre-patch events many times in this megathread, usually having them as inspiration for something that could be done for an event leading up to playable Horde Ogres finally. Well, it was announced recently that those events will be live on WotLK Classic as it slowly heads into becoming Cataclysm Classic:

I never actually got to do these events myself outside of the questlines. I wasnā€™t at max level yet and even then, I canā€™t remember if it was something you could queue into or if you had to be part of your own raid or something.

Nowadays, I would imagine events like this being something you queue into and then phased in with other players. Itā€™s a bit how I imagine the whole Dustwallow Marsh event idea Iā€™ve shared many times before, where you, other players, and a bunch of the Horde Ogre clans stampede across Dustwallow Marsh to lower defenses and fighting off minions and ending off with an epic dragon fight of sorts, tying many loose ends of the Horde Ogre clans and having a giant dragon skull head as a monument in the MU Stonemaul home.

Anyway, if you want to see what the events are like, you can see them in these videos back when they first went live:

The idea of events like this, helping a NPC race through some serious and epic battles, then having the NPC race becoming playable is a really great idea. Itā€™s something Iā€™d love to see leading into the Horde Ogre Clans becoming a playable Horde race, along with the Alliance getting something similar for whatever they would get (I still vote Furblog!).

Speaking of, Iā€™m still wanting to type up a general scenario for fun for seeing Alliance Furbolg and Horde Ogres. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to have time to sit down and type it up.

Anyway, while these events arenā€™t really anything Ogre related, itā€™s still something that I think would help inspire a pretty big event leading to playable Horde Ogres. And I feel like Ogres are a race that would definitely deserve such fanfare.

4 Likes

I have a name reserved for my midget Ogre Necromancer. Blizz? Waiting!!! Impatiently.

5 Likes

When is thread going to go from ā€œUnofficialā€ to ā€œOfficialā€?

6 Likes