The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Like as an arena gaunlet?

1 Like

An arena or a stable for Draenor boars (mounts) or a storage for weapons.

2 Likes

No… No and No… next you’ll want the frogs, squirrels and rabbits with battle armor…

1 Like

Big Throne room for boss man.

Though having them turn that into a clan storage area or stable would be neat.

4 Likes

If the Horde, including the MU Stonemaul Clan of course, were the ones to officially raid and beat up Onxia while utilizing her head and skeleton in some form of feng shui, I could see the MU Stonemaul Clan taking over the lair as a form of revenge and a showing of strength.

However, since the Alliance were officially the ones to take care of Onyxia, it doesn’t really have as much impact if the MU Stonemaul Clan were to take it over. It’s one of the reasons why I imagined in that scenario I typed a long time ago (in an internet not so far away) that the neutral Goblins could’ve taken it over.

My reasoning was that it was a pretty big landmark and it would make for some tourism revenue. And if Onyxia’s minions and any offspring decide to do a hostile takeover, the Horde is closeby and would help take care of the situation. It wasn’t like the Alliance did much with it to my knowledge, and it’d be a pretty easy revenue stream for them with some contingencies in order.

If there was ever a return of any of Onxia’s offspring with minions on their payroll in the future, I could see the MU Stonemaul Clan taking it over then. But otherwise, the lair I’m guessing is just sitting there as a missed opportunity, forgotten and maybe not being paid attention to which could always cause problems in the future.

Now with regards to an arena, if the MU Stonemaul Clan home ever got revamped, I would see there being an arena. There were some trials from Warcraft 3 that Rexxar took which involved arena combat, so it’s likely we’d see that. I’ve mentioned before the idea of any known trials being revamped with new ones added as something of a micro holiday event of some sort, so that would definitely work very well.

If the MU Stonemaul home ever did get remade in-game, I’d be curious to see what all is done with it. I don’t expect a grand capital city, but it could be big enough to be a bit more than just a racial hub for starting Ogre players. Hopefully we’ll see that someday, along with playable Horde Ogres of course.

-Dream big Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this.

4 Likes

And after Ogres, we will get:

• Kultogres
  • Lightbound Ogres
  • High Ogres
  • Gnogres
  • Blood Ogres
  • Mag’Ogres
  • Taurogres
  • Nightorgres
  • Vulpogres

So many Ogre races :dracthyr_love_animated:

2 Likes

Hum… a Shaman Ogre… he would use beer kegs as his totems

2 Likes

pretty sure pandaren already have beer keg totems

2 Likes

Speaking of, unrelated to Ogres, we should totally have a Customization for Mead and/or Beer Elementals.
Perfect for Pandaren and Dwarves.

5 Likes

Love the effort here, and the detail. Awesome points, and explanations on those points. That being said.

It’ll never happen.

Goes to show you I’ve never played a Panda chara…

Now Mecagnomes and Void Elves are a thing, everything is possible. :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

2 years since my first post on this. Still here showing support! Blizzard Make it Happen!!!

4 Likes

Perhaps there is a timeline where everyone is an Ogre.

Azerogre.

6 Likes

I came across a neat art piece on DeviantArt of The Butcher, a boss in the Highmaul raid. It was created by Lukali and was uploaded to the website on Jan. 24th, 2015.

“The Butcher” by Lukali on DeviantArt

Gotta admit, an angry Ogre chef isn’t someone you want to mess with. I assume the boss was pretty hard back in the day. :cook:

As usual, I’ll continue to keep an eye out for any other art pieces to share for playable Horde Ogre support!

-Dream big Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

I hear Ogre chef and just image an Ogre Gordan Ramsey.

4 Likes

speaking of angry ogre chefs there was a warspoon datamined awhile back

3 Likes

#Justice4ogres

4 Likes

horde need ogres

4 Likes