The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

The last word we had on the Stonemaul was Exploring Kalimdor, where it was said the Stonemaul were doing well and are growing into their holdings in Feralas.

The exact status of Stonemaul Village and the Onyxia’s brood in the area are unknown. It’s possible that the Stonemaul have reclaimed the village and are rebuilding. It’s also equally possible that the the dragonkin in the area remain in control. Alternatively, like how the Scarlet Crusade have seemingly claimed Gilneas per datamining, another group could have claimed the ruins of Stonemaul Village.

It’s all up in the air and largely depends if Blizzard wants players to personally experience the return of Stonemaul Village or just reveal that the Ogres reclaimed it offscreen.

:turkey: And a Happy US Thanksgiving to you too! :turkey:

2 Likes

if and when we get ogres when an npc mentions your character or a player hovers their cursor over your toon would it be stonemaul ogre kinda like how zandalari troll is made different from darkspear or would it just be ogre warrior or stonemaul ogre warrior?

3 Likes

It would probably just be Ogre, like how the Darkspear have Troll tags over Darkspear tags.

3 Likes

Ogres.
Ogres.
Ogres.

Give us the Ogres.

11 Likes

There is discussion over the possibility of the Tyr’s Guard being used to bring about the paladin class to the races that can’t personally play them, while most want them to be their own thing. For example, the Highmountain Tauren joining the Sunwalkers or the Lok’osh expanding to include paladins.

I mentioned for two reasons.

• I ended up picturing an Ogre paladin declaring “Me smash, Tyr’s enemies” and Tyr not knowing how to respond to that.
  • I started thinking over how playable Ogres would be brought about. Would they just have their own order or would the Lok’osh expand to include Ogres, turning an orc thing into a Draenor thing.
3 Likes

A lot will depend both on how they handle Paladins being opened up for all races and how playable Horde Ogres are implemented, especially when it comes to the AU Stonemaul Clan.

In terms of world-building, I feel like it adds more to the game to have each playable race having their own faction of Paladins as opposed to just shoving every race into one Paladin group. Sure, you could still do the latter while still having factions, but I feel like stuff gets lost if you just throw everyone into Tyr’s Guard without each race having their own Paladin factions. We’d lose out on things like Zandalari Paladin lore and features of other various Paladin races.

As such, I feel like Paladins are a bit more complicated than something like the Death Knights. Paladins of different cultures have different ideals and ways they operate. They can still be part of Tyr’s Guard, but having their own groups I feel does a lot more for world-building than just having Tyr’s Guard being the de facto Paladin group.

As for Ogre Paladins, you can go different ways with them. Maybe some of the AU Stonemaul Clan were subjugated by the Lightbound and escaped with us or maybe whenever we deal with the Lightbound, I assume they’re more likely to be antagonists, we could liberate some of the Ogres within that help utilize what was forced upon them to teach others to use it against them. Or maybe there would be something Ogre specific like with Zandalari Paladins. Several directions to go with it.

It is something that will require more thought and fleshing out, but I’m sure there is something that would explain the MU and AU Stonemaul Clans to be able to have Paladins. Maybe the Dunemaul Clan would have a reason for having Paladins and they help teach the other Horde Ogre clans. Whatever the case, it is something to discuss since it seems likely that Ogre Paladins would be a thing if they ever become playable.

…which is really odd to think about, but at least it opens up something to discuss. :smiley:

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Tbfh theres no need for us to do any quests, rep requirements this race should be added in like every other core race has been in the past if not it’ll be a patch reward

4 Likes

Did anybody do the new chapter of the Tyr questline?

Interesting line of dialogue they threw in there. It’s probably a reach on my end steeped in wishful thinking but…

Those ogre-faced Kul’tirans can be made a reality by Blizzard gracing us with Ogres in the form of Kul’tiran rigs. :pray:

2 Likes

even if we’ll be a big target in bgs idc gimme my ogre mage let us show our dominance of the arcane magic to our enemies

2 Likes

I love Ogres and have always wanted them to be playable. it is a shame with the announcement of Warthin,Midnight and Lastit ogres never being playable are basically soft confirmed.

1 Like

They’re an indirect creation of the titans so idk why they’re not within the grand plan, but then again chronicle is a titan pov so who knows?

2 Likes

I’m back for a couple of months, mainly because I wanted to try hardcore classic, but I am saltier :salt::salt::salt::salt:than ever now that stone dwarves were announced. :angry: :fire: If not for hardcore I think I might have just written off WoW forever I am that annoyed at this point.

They give us stone dwarves but can’t give us a race wanted longer than these rock piles and that come from stone giants AND were the second race to join the Horde if I’m not mistaken. WTF?

Horde players: We still want playable Ogres

Blizzard: Lets give them stone dwarves. They’re about the same and they’ll love them.

They’re doing away with classes being unique in that all races can play them, which I am ALL for, but they can’t do away with giving us races that, even though might make sense to the Xpac, are low on the most wanted list? WTF? I thought they were trying to make this game enjoyable again? Take the most wanted races and start handing them out and forget this BS about making sense to the Xpac. FYI Blizz, most of the wanted races could’ve been introduced in some of the past Xpacs so you failed.

They want me to come home but playable Ogres for the Horde is home to me. I guess I’m homeless till they fix this grossly overlooked indiscretion.

And to help Blizz understand the pecking order of the Horde or maybe a better wordage would be the order in which races joined the Horde it goes:

1. Orcs
  2. Ogres
  3. Forest trolls

Nowhere in there are Tauren or Forsaken which were core races BEFORE Ogres in game. And don’t even get me started on the s**t show of races that have come after and weren’t AR’s like Blood Elves, Pandaren, Dracthyr, or Goblins. NONE of those should’ve come before Ogres. Not a single one. Orcs and Ogres come from Dreanor every other race comes from Azeroth so Orcs and Ogres should’ve been top two Horde playable races. :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

P.S. - Sorry for coming in here and being negative but I am far past the pissed off point at Blizz. 19 years and they still can’t get it right. I am not even that big an Ogre fan, having them top 10 for sure but not in my top 5, but there has to be an honor system or one that makes sense of when races should’ve been added and not including Ogres as a core Horde race is the greatest of sins that I will hold against Blizz forever.

4 Likes

I’d love to see the Ogres added as a playable race. Its long long overdue and I hope to see them during or after the War Within.

Especially since the Moonkin updates added some new animations.

5 Likes

I’m hoping that Rexxar’s increased presence could be a sign of something. While we have seen Blizzard established characters as leaders for their people (ex: Talanji for the Zandalari), we’ve also seen them use more well known characters to step up (ex: Alleria becoming the leader of the void elves, when Umbric and others pledged their allegiance to her.)

Furthermore we’ve seen Rexxar reflect on the past when he traveled to Toghusuq Village to reminisce about Bovan and he reunited with his father during the orc heritage armor quest chain. These events could make him decide to reflect on other events and reunite with others, such as the Stonemaul clan. Plus, I also imagine that Leoroxx is big on responsibility and Rexxar could be motivated by that sense of responsibility for bringing them into the Horde.

Perhaps in checking and reconnecting with the Stonemaul, Rexxar could either become their leader again.

3 Likes

+1 to you for being an orc of fine taste. Rexxar is my favorite character so I can go for that though I’d rather see him lead the Mok’nathal and have them join the Horde also. Either way, more Rexxar please.

2 Likes

For those who missed out, the Ogre battle pet Garrlok can be obtained in December.

2 Likes

I was just in the process of making a post about it. Too slow I guess. :turtle:

And the reward for doing enough tasks is this baby moose battle pet…not really the combination of words I planned to type today, but still neat:

But yes, Garrlok the Ogre child can once again be purchased if you missed out on the first time he was up on there:

Maybe you can help fulfill his Winter Veil wish of having a home and getting Ogres on the Horde side of that character creation screen! :smiley:

Still wondering about the other Ogre children models that were datamined also. Whether they’ll be NPC’s or on the Trading Post as different battle pets is up in the air, but hopefully we’ll see them utilized somehow.

2 Likes

When I saw that screen shot, I just envisioned the Ogre going on a trip and leaving his son in your care.

3 Likes

As I said the first time I got Garrlok, I feel like this is a Mandalorian with Baby Yoda situation:

I must protect this Ogre Child at all costs for the future and safety of the Stonemaul Clans! :smiley:

3 Likes

I got a whole story Ala mandalorian with my Ogre child now.

Changed the name to Dragul.

My story for him is that some of my orcish clan the Blackcrag Clan (made up almost entirely of orphans) was traveling to the dragon Isles to assist the Dragon scale expedition and encountered an unknown ogre clan on an island bearing Horde flags. The island was under attack by primalists but the Blackcrag came to assist cause Horde banners and most of the ogre clan was routed. My Mag’har warrior though recovered Dragul and took him as a ward of the clan and took him with him on to the Isles.

Since Ral (my orc) spends most of his time doing some dangerous stuff with one of my dragon characters Dragul actually gets to stay with other children for a bit at the expedition and starts to show he has a talent for the arcane despite only one head.

I have plans that he’ll grow up within the clan and when he comes of age he’ll talk to Ral’ramith and ask to take his family name and become Dral’ramith. My Ogre mage.

4 Likes