The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Sneed is shown as a Horde character so I doubt it means much.

While I donā€™t know why you feel as such, I do understand why someone would feel excited and worried. To be honest, for all that Iā€™m excited about whatā€™s coming next, with certain story elements have gone Iā€™m also a bit worried.

I would love that.

All Hail the Stonemaul Empire?

4 Likes

4 Likes

As fun of a thought as that is, I wouldnā€™t read too much into it.

Other Warcraft related games usually have some leniency of doing their own thing. Hearthstone is a pretty big example of this, as it is a card game with its own universe of sorts. This allows that dev team to be a bit creative on certain aspects of the game.

Still, it is great to see something Warcraft related having an Ogre promoted as part of the Horde. I know there is suppose to be another Ogre unit that was shown when the game was first announced, but I donā€™t think his name has been shown, let alone what faction he is apart of. Itā€™s something Iā€™ll have to keep an eye on as Warcraft Rumble continues to operate and add stuff to it.

Even if it wouldnā€™t be much of a hint for anything WoW related, itā€™s still great to see that Horde Ogres havenā€™t been forgotten by someone at Blizzard, even if it is in a completely different game.

Itā€™s a very weird feeling I have to have both excitement and worry.

Given that this is the first in-person Blizzcon in awhile and that FFXIV announced their next expansion, I would guess that some pretty big WoW announcements would be a huge possibility. Moreso since WoW is suppose to get the biggest focus there.

However, I do worry about getting another expansion on the same calibur as Shadowlands, which if I werenā€™t managing both my megathreads on here, wouldā€™ve caused me to outright quit the game. Not to mention seeing how things like Customization Races have been treated also makes me worry that resource usage would be stingy in general when designing a new expansion and whether new playable races could be an announcement.

There is more to it than that, but that is about all Iā€™ve been able to translate into actual words. I really want to temper expectations for it, though as Iā€™ve mentioned before, I always keep hope to see certain playable races become playable. :japanese_ogre: :crocodile: :tiger2: :bat: :polar_bear:

As we get close, Iā€™ll probably make a post about it with things like schedules and such once I can confirm the time when the opening ceremony actually starts. I think itā€™s 10 AM PST but Iā€™m still trying to find official confirmation. If anyone happens to know, please let me know!

ā€”8 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€”

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

We are one week until Blizzcon! A schedule was recently announced for the event as well:

In addition, it was announced that there would be no live Q&A, but instead will come in a Wowcast after Blizzcon:

However, a thread will be opened on Nov. 3rd to take questions. Although, Iā€™ve read that theyā€™ll allegedly only take questions on the upcoming update and I assume next expansion, which I think is very likely to occur. Iā€™ve been meaning to have some Horde Ogre questions thought up for future Q&Aā€™s, though I donā€™t know if theyā€™d be applicable for thia Q&Aā€¦not that theyā€™d get answered, Iā€™m sure. Doesnā€™t hurt to be prepared just in case.

As for WoW news and with a potential expansion announcement, Iā€™m trying to keep an open mind as we see what all is announced. The only reasonable hope I have is that we get new playable races that people have been requesting. Granted, I always keep my fingers crossed for my most wanted playable races. :crossed_fingers:

Once Blizzcon happens, Iā€™ll make a post about WoW related news and if there is anything of Horde Ogre interest. Playable Horde Ogres are one of the features I keep hoping to see when it comes to an expansion announcement, but hard to really know what to expect. Especially when it comes to all the recent ā€œleaksā€ going on lately, which I take with a salt lick or two.

Whatever happens, Iā€™ll be sure to report on it in some fashion. Hoping for the best, but keeping expectations tempered. Whatever does or doesnā€™t happen, playable Horde Ogre support marches onward!

ā€”7 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€”

4 Likes

Warcraft Wiki, the site that the Wowpedia users moved to, has a Q & A for the devs. Users are allowed to post any questions they have, in the hopes that they could be answered. So if you have an account, you are more than welcomed to post your question in the forum below.

3 Likes

Potential spoilers related to the leak.

Some people are pointing out that one of the ā€œModelsā€ revealed in the ā€œLeakā€ are potentially using the Ogre and/or Rexxar model for the base.

Not sure what this means if true, but it is news.

5 Likes

The Stonemaul clan should get a place in the Horde council because they are a part of the Horde since Warcraft III. A Stonemaul Ogre ambassador with some Stonemaul warriors could be nice thing in Orgrimmar too.

7 Likes

It really would. Though I have to admit Iā€™m very curious as to how Horde members like the Stonemaul and Taunka feel about not having a seat on the Horde Council when new comers like the Vulpera do.

3 Likes

something else ogre related i kinda hope they fix and bring back the circle of blood arena so we can hear the ogre yell at us for boring him :open_mouth: or at the very least add the 2 ogre commentators from the highmaul raid

3 Likes

Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

Iā€™ve linked this song before, but itā€™s somewhat fitting for the occasion and for the megathread:

Whatever your plans are for today, please have a fun, happy, and safe Halloween! :skull: :vampire:

ā€”3 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€”

5 Likes

2 Days until Blizzcon!

Eager to learn what shall be revealed.

3 Likes

I swear Ogres better be announced at BlizzCon! No ifs or buts, they better be playable.

3 Likes

the Ogres can join the alliance - they want freedom

Well tomorrow is the big day for Blizzcon starting. Excitement is in the air and the amount of ā€œleaksā€ popping up is almost to Smash Bros. levels of ā€œleaks.ā€ Fun times.

As I mentioned before, after stuff gets officially announced, Iā€™ll make a post in both my megathreads going over it. If by some Winter Veil miracle something gets announced that is Saurok/Ogre related, Iā€™ll be going over that as well, but I am of course tempering expectations, so I obviously wonā€™t be counting my chickens before theyā€™re hatched.

The only reasonable expectations I have are that we donā€™t get a Shadowlands calibur of an expansion and that if we get any new playable races, theyā€™re ones that people have been requesting for quite some time as opposed to brand new ones coming out of nowhere. Iā€™m not against new races being created and becoming playable of course, but I feel like adding in ones people have been requesting, not referring to any specific race to be clear, would go a long way in showing Blizzard is listening and getting some good will back. But weā€™ll see what does or doesnā€™t happen tomorrow.

On another note, the Trading Post updated with new stuff for November:

Nothing really of note when it comes to Ogre related stuff. Still keeping an eye on if the other Ogre children models are utilized in the Trading Post or elsewhere, along with anything else Ogre related each month. Not expecting much of course, but you never know!

Anyway, going to hope for the best tomorrow and will keep fingers crossed for my usual hopes and dreams with an open mind. :crossed_fingers:

ā€”1 day until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€”

4 Likes

Their are Ogre clans in the Horde. The only way Ogres would realistically be Alliance playable, is if Ogres became a neutral race.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest considering a lifetime of waiting hoping theyā€™d be playable Iā€™ll seriously take them in any faction!, just dammit let me be my Ogre Shaman!

BlizzCon is in 23 hours praying for exciting news.

2 Likes

donā€™t feed the troll orc brother it makes us look bad

2 Likes

Found this in the MMO-Champion forums which is fan made. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know who created it, so I canā€™t give credit. If anyone knows, please let me know:

Not helping my hopes of seeing playable Horde Ogres announced at Blizzcon of course, but still a great image to imagine how two-headed Ogres could look with armor on. As well as Ogre customization idea inspiration in general.

ā€”1 day until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!ā€”

5 Likes

With Blizzcon tomorrow, hereā€™s to hoping. :pray:

I like that most leaks now include Ogres. Whether thatā€™s a dead giveaway the leaks are false, or that people other than us in this thread really want them remains to be seen. :dracthyr_shrug:

Thanks to Bagzak, and to everyone else who has kept it running. Maybe tomorrow will bring good news. :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes