The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

I’m for a separate race for Mok’Nathal. Everything is ready for them. We just need the Blizzard’s will now. They could make a great playable race for the Horde WITH the Ogres.

Mok’Nathal and Ogres for the Horde NOW!!! :dracthyr_nod: :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Imgur

Imgur

7 Likes

One of the ogre racials needs to be able to allow one of the smaller races ride on your shoulder and or back kinda like ick and krick from pit of saron, example being an ogre dk with a goblin warlock raining down death and destruction from the ogres back

5 Likes

does Tormmok have a counterpart in the MU azeroth timeline?

2 Likes

I thought more long the line of:

Colossal Bulk: 10% increased HP

Glutton: Consume food 50% faster and gain food benefits within 5 secs

Glutton for punishment: 2% reduction to all damage

Punt: Kick a target enemy 8 yards stunning them for 2 seconds (smaller targets get 5 secs /joke)

Belly Flop: Fly in the air and land upon the ground slamming all enemy targets and stunning them for 3 seconds.

6 Likes

Imgur

6 Likes

Arr me hearties! Ay be wantin’ ta wish a happy Pirate Day to all! Yarr!

I actually farmed Bloodsail rep recently to get the toy. I am pleased it seems to work with illusions and with glyph of disguise from what I can tell. Totally worth getting the toy!

If anyone has any plans today, please have a fun, happy, and safe pirate day! :pirate_flag::parrot:

—45 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

6 Likes

I commend you for that patience.

The pirates life for me.

3 Likes

Well, I went a step further. I got exalted with Bloodsail Buccaneers, and then I proceeded to beat up Sotuhsea Pirate mobs to gain rep with all four Steamwheedle Cartel reps to exalted while keeping my exalted Bloodsail rep.

Took me a few days to get finished with that. Fun times! :crazy_face:

—45 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

4 Likes

Ogres.

Why settle for anything less?

9 Likes

The rework of the Moonkin (new animations, emote dance, etc) is a new step to get Ogre as playable race.

6 Likes

Ogre buddies enjoying Brewfest:)
https://twitter.com/that_kind_oforc/status/1704688546135908353

5 Likes

Ogres need to be add yesterday.

8 Likes

I wonder if they would be replaced by the Stonemaul, when they become playable.

3 Likes

Assisting Kohnila with pic:

9 Likes

Likely not, since they have had a presence in Brewfest for a long time, as well as being in both the Orgrimmar and Ironforge locations if I recall correctly.

If anything, maybe the MU/AU Stonemaul Clans could have a booth at the Orgrimmar location and have a rivalry with the Gordok Ogres. Might event give the Gordok Ogres some self esteem and get into making some great Ogre brew with the opposing Ogre team.

It also depends on if the Gordunni Clan becomes part of the playable Horde Ogre faction for reasons I’ve talked about before. Not sure how that would affect the Gordok Ogres in the Ironforge location, come to think of it.

On a similar note, I feel like Ogre Brewmaster Monks would be quite the force to be reckoned with. Nothing like a drunk Ogre punching and smashing stuff in their way!

—42 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

3 Likes

one thing i just noticed is the WoD ogre combined with the vrykul horn toy is literally a hair or 2 taller than its 2004 counterpart, tbh between the 2 in terms of player character size i’d go with the WoD model because its relatively taller, but not much taller than the zandalari

3 Likes

So October, one of my favorite months of the year, is quickly coming up, and on October 9th, we’ll be hitting this megathread’s 3 year anniversary! Huzzah! :partying_face:

Unfortunately, I don’t have much planned aside from the usual post speech thing I do for anniversary celebrations. I wish I had the time to organize and coordinate in-game events, but I can’t promise I can do that easily anytime soon. However, given that this megathread has gotten fairly popular with more users coming and posting, it could be something I could see if anyone is interested in doing in the future when I can actually set aside time to plan and do such an event.

Otherwise, if anyone has any ideas for celebrating our 3 year anniversary, I’m open to suggestions. I wish I could do more, but such is the life of a responsible adult tending to RL obligations…sigh…

But on the bright side, almost 3 years and we’re still going strong and have no plans to stop any time soon. Gotta keep the dream alive somehow! :muscle:

—41 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

6 Likes

A couple of new Boomkin animations were found. Not sure if Ogres would get those animations as well, given they share the same skeleton with most Boomkin models, but I figured I would share it anyway:

The animations may or may not make it to Ogre NPC models of some sor if they aren’t there already, but still worth mentioning just in case. I honestly don’t know if Ogre PC models would utilize the same animations or not as well.

I don’t really take the updates to Boomkin models as a hint for anything Ogre related of course. Still interesting to see.

—39 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

6 Likes

Once 10.2 is out could check and see if the emotes work on them when using them and are updated that way… maybe?

They never updated furbolg though so I have low hopes there.

4 Likes

Some news popped up regarding Chris Metzen:

As you may recall, there was a point where he had wanted to have playable Ogres on the Horde and, if I recall correctly, playable Naga for…some unspecified faction that I also can’t remember.

Granted, I wouldn’t say that this guarantees playable Horde Ogres finally happening, but it could increase the chances some. All we can really do is keep at it with the playable Horde Ogre support as best as we can!

—38 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

8 Likes