The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

O yea I forgot about that part in WC3, eh still basically useless.

1 Like

Small miracles.

Someone with your exact foolish reasoning claimed they were ogres awhile back.

1 Like

How would anyone think hobgoblins, are ogres? They look nothing alike. They are worse than ogres.

I mean honestly… I don’t know how anyone confuses them. But it happens.

Though it is hard to find in game references to hobgoblins anyways.

Yea I suppose. I always liked goblin lore so that is how I know.

Came across a video showing a model of an Ogre Highmaul King from WoD:

Mostly sharing this both for Ogre head customization ideas and also to kinda imagine how a two-head Ogre could look with some armor types on. Sure, it’s more of Ogre royalty armor, but it can help to imagine how things like two-headed Ogre players could look with some transmog options on.

I’ll have to hunt for the different armor types Ogres wear in-game to share in the future. Not to expect being options for playable options per se, but mostly to imagine how player character Ogres could look for some classes.

–78 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

Still waiting to race change one of my warriors, Captain Burrito, into a big lug.

Also gonna make a mage named Gorgroth just to wave to people and hang out in Newcomer Chat.

6 Likes

That is a hilarious and awesome idea.

5 Likes

I’ll make an ogre shaman named wugjr to get revenge on the new players for killing wug, nah ill let have someone else have that glory im gunna focus on my horde dominance and i need ogres for that to happen

3 Likes

I still have my Ogre Berserker’s name from Everquest 1 and 2 reserved if we’re lucky enough to see playable Horde Ogres someday. I’ll share the name at the time, which given that he was one of my favorite characters to play as in those games, makes it much more meaningful to share then.

On a related story, when I first played WoW, I did make an Orc Warrior with that name since I figured Ogres would be a likely playable race in a future expansion (still waiting on that one…sigh…), and while a placeholder, I did play him some to get a handle on the Warrior class. Ended up playing him through WoD, kinda pretending he was a beefy Orc peon that decided to become an adventurer while thinking that I could reroll if Horde Ogres became playable.

Eventually enough time went by that I opted to put him on placeholder status, so I cleaned his inventory and deleted him, making a reserve character with the same name so I could delete that quickly for playable Ogres.

Funnily enough, that old Orc Warrior stayed in the nebulous purgatory realm of deleted characters since then. And with new character slots, I looked for fun to see if any deleted characters were there, saw him there, and then I decided to restore him with a new name and used that equipment boost to add him back to my roster of characters again.

Bit of a warm feeling to bring him back, odd as that sounds. However, I’m dangerously low on character slots again and hope we’re able to get more in the near future, whether gradually added or available to buy.

Regardless, I’ll always keep a slot for my Ogre character reserved for if they ever become a playable Horde race someday.

–76 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

4 Likes

the armor would be interesting

2 Likes

Imgur
Ogre - by SamwiseDidier

6 Likes

My first thought upon seeing this picture was “Their druid forms can have horns,” followed by where are my ogres Blizzard? Where are my playable ogres?

6 Likes

Something I remembered when I was looking at a revamp of the class section was the Shaman spirit wolf form, in which I’m wondering what would be fitting for Ogre Shamans and could use some suggestions.

I know that Ogre Druid ground travel forms could be the same as Ogre Shaman spirit forms, unless there is a want for them being different which is reasonable, so some suggestions for that could work for Ogre Shaman spirit forms. Seeing as Orc Shamans use a spirit wolf form, would it make sense for Ogre Shamans to have a dire wolf form? Or something more beefy perhaps like a Draenor boar? Makes me wonder if clefthooves could kinda work for that or any Druid forms.

Suggestions are appreciated, as thinking of animal forms for Ogres is a bit harder for me to imagine, and I feel like they could use something bigger than a regular wolf form.

–72 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd!)–

6 Likes

I feel like they’d use a boar

5 Likes

The Ogre Garrison Follower uses a boar mount. (Even when flying…) So they have precedent of being connected to them.

5 Likes

My Ogre DK :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you guys really want ogres don’t you

4 Likes

Yes, yes we do. And at least some of us have our Ogre name secured via making an alt with it.

5 Likes

Yes. Ogres are top of my list for the Horde AR’s I want to see. (Closely followed by Saurok and Sethrak, then Kelfin, San’layn and Hozen, with Taunka and Forest Trolls being ones that I want as AR’s but would accept as Customizations.)

5 Likes