The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

maybe Megs dreadshredder will possibly pop up in a future patch with a couple of ogre bodyguards at the horde embassy asking for help with something she can’t discuss inside of orgrimmar

5 Likes

We really haven’t heard anything from her since Cataclysm, so I have no idea what she is having the Dunemaul Clan do. Having at least one Dunemaul bodyguard would be very fitting, however.

I do think she should have a role when we see the Horde Ogre clans reintroduced. Especially if playable Horde Ogres went the multiple clan route, since the Dunemaul Clan is part of the Horde technically because of her. Granted, seeing someone like Draz’Zilb making sure she doesn’t take advantage of both the Stonemaul Clans would be fitting and amusing to see.

Though I focus a lot on the MU and AU Stonemaul Clans when it comes to playable Horde Ogre clans, I don’t want the Dunemaul Clan to be forgotten. Hopefully, they’ll appear again and stand with the other Horde Ogre clans in the future.

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

It really would.

3 Likes

Take the Ogres! The Alliance wants the Arakkoa! :dracthyr_yay_animated:

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, if you had to pick one, would you go with the High or Cursed Arakkoa model for playable Arakkoa?

2 Likes

So on a whim, I typed in playable ogre wow on YouTube and discovered that there’s this custom private server coming out called “Azeroth at War” and they will have playable Ogres. Furthermore this YouTube I found that covers what is known about the Ogres for the server, mentions that they will start in Stonemaul Hold/Village. It’s currently unknown if the intro is them experiencing Onyxia’s attack or if the Ogres will have their home in the server itself.

1 Like

While I appreciate the gesture of that post, I’m going to strongly suggest not linking or discussing anything referring to private servers and such.

I’m assuming that linking to info on them, even if it doesn’t tell you how to access them, would be frowned upon by those that run the forums here. The last thing we want is for this megathread to get nuked from orbit or to give a bad impression, seeing as we’re trying to support playable Horde Ogres on actual retail servers.

So again, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I would strongly recommend against discussion or links of such topics. ^^;;

5 Likes

I understand and to be on the side of caution, I’ve removed the links.

But at the very least I hope the knowledge of playable Ogres happening on a private wow server can signal to Blizzard that there is an active interest for playable ogres.

4 Likes

Cursed Arrakoa…

4 Likes

Are ogres forklift certified?

3 Likes

pretty much was trying to get a side by side comparison with a zandalari npc thats a head taller than the actual player character model

6 Likes

Could an Ogre lift a forklift?

6 Likes

Are forklifts ogre certified?

6 Likes

I want ogres, I feel like wod hyped them up abit and than they died off narratively.

Even khadgar said he would never underestimate ogres ever again after seeing what their mages could do.

5 Likes

And now I’m picturing an ogre riding forklift that is being held by another ogre.

I still wonder if we’ll return to AU Draenor to deal with Yrel and the Lightbound and that ogre continent in the south would be the expansion continent.

5 Likes

Do Ogres need forklifts? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Lol i regret nothing

4 Likes

Look, we shall not question the ogre mating dance rituals.

4 Likes

Recently, the forums went through some changes. As a result, the main megathread’s links I had on there to show (URL’s, images, videos, etc) only showed up as URL text for some weird reason. Oddly, this affected here but not really my Saurok megathread, aside from older posts on there.

I fixed it for now, though it isn’t perfect and exactly as it was before. I might play around with it in the future when I make some future edits, assuming the forums don’t make it look like the quadratic equation exploded. -grumble grumble-

On another note. it sounds like news on the next Blizzcon may be forthcoming in the future, according to Mike Ybarra on Twitter:

“Had a good Blizzcon review just this afternoon. We’re figuring out communication and show plans. A lot has changed since pre-COVID. We know players are eager to understand changes happening and when things will roll out. More soon when we are ready, thanks for your patience.”

Not sure when Blizzcon will be or if it’ll be near the end of the year like it use to be. I assume WoW info would be on the next major patch and aside from a potential teaser, I also don’t know if it is too soon for a new expansion announcement, but it could be a possibility.

Whenever Blizzcon is, I’ll be sure to share links to announcements and report on anything Ogre related. A shame I can’t really attend it in person to spread the Horde Ogre & Saurok support. Maybe someday I’ll be able to, as well as enjoy Super Nintendo World afterwards since that went up recently. :smiley:

4 Likes

Ive actually heard of cases of this in the past. I can’t think of anything specific but i recall blizzard saw things players really enjoyed on private servers and implemented some of those things into retail, to keep interest in private servers down. While i personally don’t like the idea of private servers, i am thankful to them for that, and hopeful blizzard will see playable ogres in this one you mentioned (and no doubt the massive amount of people playing them) and will take big notice

3 Likes