The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

My friends say the gorian ogres are the most interesting ones. Since they created the first civilization on Draenor. The current ogres however are tribalistic and reverted to barbarism similar to the Orcs. Not sure how Blizzard would manage the implementation in the story.

2 Likes

Well we know that the AU Stonemaul entered Azeroth with the AU Mag’har, so Blizzard could always establish that some Gorian ogres came too and have them help teach their people. As a I think apart, I could easily see that being a quest chain. Like one of the Gorian Ogres enter Azeroth, sees the state of their people, and decides to unite the scattered clans under one banner.

3 Likes

can we ogrenize an event where we march across kalimdor in protest of not having playable ogres?

5 Likes

An Ogre march from Brackenwall Village to and within Orgrimmar could be fun. Granted, it’d be very hard to keep Ogre illusion buffs on during the entire march. That would require a lot of planning on how to do that efficiently.

I’ve still thought some about the Orgrimmar “March of the Stonemaul Clan” idea I’ve mentioned off and on. I still can’t guarantee doing it any time soon unfortunately, especially not until I have a static schedule whenever I hopefully find employment and/or decide to go back to school. I’d love to be able to do Ogre and also Saurok related events, but such are the currently fleeting dreams of a Darkspear Troll trying to be a responsible adult…sigh…

I’ll keep the idea in mind and if I feel I can dedicate the time for it and the planning involved, I’ll be sure to post and see who all would be interested. Again, can’t guarantee anything in the near future, unfortunately.

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

I legitimately do not understand how Ogres have not become a playable race yet. I understand the concerns with Arakkoa, Naga, Ethereals, etc. but Ogres should have been made playable back with Naga for TBC and they can figure out Draenei/Blood (High) Elves later.

5 Likes

They were almost a thing in Cata but there was some kind of mechanical problems with them. So we got Goblins instead.

3 Likes

Ive got a bad feeling with all the teases we’ve gotten so far for em while minor this april fools this year might just get everyones hopes up but thats just me blowing nonsense out of my brain

1 Like

For anyone whose done the Baine quest chain, this past Tuesday included an update. The Tauren and Centaur are rebuilding the village and Rexxar, Rokhan, and Chen arrived to help out.

I mention it for two reasons.

The first is that seeing the trio united and the likes of Tagar and Bovan included in WoW has me wondering if Crol’ka could one day make his way into WoW.

The second reason is that characters have new dialogue and Ironhoof muses about the possibility about one of the Maruuk Centaur joining the Horde. It has the story forums discussing the possibility and logistics of playable Centaur. And if that actually happens before we get playable Ogres, I will be annoyed.

3 Likes

I wish Ogres could be playable. Have a bump.

5 Likes

At least, Ogres with one head and two eyes could be playable for a long time now. There is no problem to get them as a playable race with that. The size isn’t a problem too because we can get Ogres with the same size as playable Tauren.

5 Likes

Well if Blizzard does make Centaur playable as its being theorized then having both a one head and two headed Ogre should also be in the cards.

And now I’m just picturing an Ogre riding a Centaur into battle as they cheer “For the Horde!”

3 Likes

I wouldn’t really expect Blizzard to have a “playable race announcement” of something that exists and has been requested for a long time as an April Fools Day joke. It’s one thing if they have completely made up races, like “Void Murlocs” or something weird like “Blobs of Slime,” but to have an actual race that is very feasible, reasonable, and very requested to become playable as a joke wouldn’t go down very well, regardless of what race would be chosen for such a “joke.” Not to mention that Blizzard really needs good will after the kerfuffle they’ve been through recently, and this would not help at all with that.

Even if the joke happens to be Ogre related in some way, I wouldn’t take it as a sure sign that playable Ogres will never happen. The two-headed Ogre April Fools Joke was more about the mechanic than playable Ogres to me, for example.

Best to keep an open mind for now. We’ll keep at it regardless of what is this year’s April Fools Joke. :smiley:

I haven’t done the questline yet, but it is interesting. It strikes me more as a reference to the Bloodsworn comic, where a single Centaur, friend to that Tauren above, took the oath and joined the Horde:

That said, I’m not really against playable Centaur at all if the Maruuk Centaur were to become an allied race or so.

I know I’ve mentioned this somewhere, not sure if I ever did here, but with playable Centaur, either they would need a two-legged form for riding mounts, like in one of the Golden Axe arcade games, or be given something like wings to act as a pegasus of some sort, although that would make them very limited that likely wouldn’t be a popular decision. I don’t know which would be more likely for them, however.

I’ll have to hunt for that discussion on playable Centaur to see what ideas people have. That said, it’s an interesting text, but given that it does seem more like a Bloodsworn reference, I don’t know if it is anything more than that. I’d happily make a Centaur character if they did become playable, however. Though I could use more character slots of course.

The Horde might want to change their Centaur rugs in Orgrimmar and elsewhere if the Maruuk Centaur do join them, however…

It’s possible, if they remember he exists. Would be great to see him in WoW finally, alive and well.

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

I wanna see a void Murloc now.

4 Likes

It is long, and I mean long overdue…

Don’t know what Blizz is thinking, I’m pretty sure everyone would have preferred Ogre’s instead of Dracthyr…

4 Likes

Very, very, true.

4 Likes

why are they naked though?? can we give them clothes or armorr???

2 Likes

playable ogre when

5 Likes

So I’ve been doing all I can in order to find information on what the Horde Ogre clans are doing right now. The last several times I’ve attempted to do this have likely been…less than ideal experiences that likely were not alpha footage of playable Horde Ogres.

I decided this time to avoid the Black Market, as clearly that wasn’t working several times. Instead, I asked Gazlowe, current leader of the Horde Goblins, for some connections since he kinda owes me some for helping him get his current position. I did try to ask for information on the Horde Ogre clans, but even he couldn’t get information. Can you believe that?! Looks like it’s a tightly kept secret for some reason…

Anyway, after making some deals, I managed to get a very important connection that was able to get me some actual information on playable Horde Ogres. And it was none other than Phil Spencer, current face of the Xbox brand!

Yes, Phil Spencer of all people descended from the heavens with bright lights and angelic music!..though oddly enough, his skin seem to be metallic and his hair resembled that of a mop with tape on it. I opted not to mention it as he was probably having a bad day, though his voice kept becoming high pitch, his head kept catching on fire, and at one point his whole body exploded but was still talking somehow while nearby Goblins kept frantically trying to put him together. Must be some sort of beta test on Microsoft life insurance or something, I assume.

Anyway, I was given this video, likely as something to help promote the attempted buyout Microsoft is doing of Activision-Blizzard. I mean, if it gets us playable Horde Ogres, who am I to question it?

Anyway, this is the video I got of playable Horde Ogres:

As you can see, the Ogre is fighting several dragons, so maybe we’ll be getting it during Dragonflight. Likely some pre-alpha footage. Definitely a work in progress!

It looks like Ogres get some pretty cool racials. You get to jump pretty high, smack things with your belly, and even throw rocks and stuff again. Best not to take it for granite, however, as messing it up really affects your DPS. There is also an Ogre band of some sort you can make music with or event dance to, so official Ogre dance parties is confirmed!

The questline involves you beating up dragons and dragonkin to save who I assume is a female Ogre of some sort, though not quite what I was expecting. You end up in some sumo boxing match of some sort with weird rules at the end. Then again, it fits Ogres and the whole wacky and over-the-top action I suppose.

I assume your clan joins the Horde as full members after all this, and rightfully so. Who wouldn’t want a sumo boxing champion who beat up a dragon with their fists on their team? Certainly puts Thelduran to shame when it comes to punching dragons in the face!

Anyway, that is all I have for now unfortunately. Oh and before I forget, this is another important piece of important I should’ve shared earlier:

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY! :sauropod:

-Dream Big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

The new Trading Post items for April 2023 are now available:

Completing enough tasks will reward these 1-handed sword transmogs:

Nothing Ogre related this month I saw. I’m still curious about the other Ogre children models with the different color schemes and whether they’ll be on the Trading Post, as a reward from something else, or just NPC models to be used in the future somehow.

Unfortunately, I am 25 tender short of getting the item I wanted after getting the item I froze before. Luckily I can freeze the new item, though I can’t help but worry that maybe I should be saving up some tenders in case there are multiple items of interest to get and report on in a month. Then again, if I saved up all my tenders, maybe nothing would come to it. Wouldn’t surprise me either way.

Anyway, I’ll continue to keep an eye on Trading Post rewards for anything Ogre related. You never know what could be added on there!

-Dream Big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

A new month and no playable Horde Ogres yet. You know what that means? Another round of in-game suggestions of races we want to see!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Still hoping to see Ogres on the Horde side of that character creation screen someday!

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes