The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

i think about playable ogres atleast once a month.
and now with these goblin themed recruit a friend i want to roll one even more.
its like theyre taunting me.
i want a big fat two headed ogre mage with a little sapper buddy on my back to tell me who to cast spells at.

4 Likes

NO GET THAT ONE, THAT ONE!, Me bored me chase dis other one instead

5 Likes

So I did the Human Heritage questline on my current Alliance main, and while there isnā€™t anything Ogre related in it, there is some relation to Onyxia in it. Full questline info here:

Part of the storyline in it involves an amulet which has some of Onyxiaā€™s power to persuade and tempt people. You end up breaking it and fighting a Shade of Onyxia.

Itā€™s the only type of item that weā€™re aware of that has such a power, but it got me thinking about how the MU Stonemaul Clan has had a bad track record with its leaders going into business for themselves.

Makes me wonder if a similar item that corrupted Korā€™gall and Mokā€™morokk exists and would explain quite a bit about their actionsā€¦well, kinda. Not to mention causing the MU Stonemaul Clan to be in disarray while Onxiaā€™s minions kicked them out of their home and would buy time for them to not really meddle in any nefarious plans they had.

Just an interesting thought I wanted to share. Not sure if this would tie into the MU Stonemaul Clan at all, but still an interesting thought. Dealing with artifacts that do something similar to that amulet and any remaining minions of Onyxia would make for a fun storyline in bring back the MU Stonemaul Clan, especially for playable status.

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

there was some pretty interesting flavor text regarding rexxar and his father during the orc heritage quest.
i hope blizzard is planting a seed.

6 Likes

I have more mixed feelings on it. Donā€™t get me wrong more Mokā€™nathal involvement would be cool but I would feel bummed if Mokā€™nathal become playable before Ogres.

Though if Blizzard decided to do another wave of allied races, I can easily see both being easy Horde choices.

2 Likes

Friends!!! I have built a mighty Ogre empire in total war warhammer 3

4 Likes

I think Mokā€™nathal are the ogre backup in case something about the ogre model doesnā€™t work or they canā€™t get ogres to work.

3 Likes

imagine if they made ogres for the alliance

We shall riot.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve recently turned a year older. What better way to celebrate than with some dancing Ogres?

Still hoping weā€™ll be able to have Ogre dance parties in Orgrimmar someday as actual Ogres. And Iā€™m sure yā€™all can tell what part of my b-day wish was. :crocodile: :japanese_ogre: :bat: :tiger2: :bear:

6 Likes

:birthday: Happy Birthday :birthday:

4 Likes

Happy birthday!!!

4 Likes

Haooy birthday!! :japanese_ogre::meat_on_bone:

4 Likes

What about Gordunni or Chrushridge ogres? They are the strongest clans that went to Azeroth.

3 Likes

The Crushridge have been talked about. In case you didnā€™t know, at some point before the Third War the Stonemaul split with some going to Kalimdor and those staying in the Eastern Kingdoms. Those that stayed in the EK got caught in the war between Sylvanas and the Dreadlords, and served her until Mugā€™thol was sent to acquire the Crown of Wills. He decided to try it on, which broke Sylvanasā€™ hold on him, and he subsequently renamed his Stonemaul ogres the Crushridge.

Meta-wise I think Blizzard just wanted to illustrate that the Stonemaul were the Ogre clan completely behind the Horde, because their hasnā€™t been a provided lore reason why Mugā€™thol decided rename his forces.

As for the Gordunni, Iā€™m not opposed to them joining the Horde and being a clan option for playable Ogres. Itā€™s just if even the choice between having one clan being playable, my vote is on the Stonemaul.

4 Likes

These clans occupy huge amounts of lands and at least once big city each. That is no small feat. Not to mention the ogres remaining on Outland who took over the former territories of the Horde. Like in Nagrand mostly. I have no idea how the Draenei managed to defeat them in a single battle.

4 Likes

Iā€™d love them to join the Horde alongside an Alteraci Human faction becoming an AR for the Horde.

The Crushridge living in the ruins of Alterac I think would let a story like that form where as the Alteraci reclaim their city they actually beat the leader of the Crushridge and force them to work alongside them. Bringing them into the Horde when they officially join it.

I assume the Crushridge would be allowed to rejoin the other Stonemaul as well in a greater Ogre (hopefully playable) presence within the Horde.

4 Likes

First, welcome to the megathread! Iā€™m always happy to have more Ogre fans to come and discuss things with! :smiley:

The Gordunni Clan could join the Horde, though I would imagine them playable in part of a multiple playable Ogre Clan faction as opposed to being the only playable Clan. An idea Iā€™ve tossed around is one of the MU Stonemaul Clan members, who can be trusted, becomes Gordok King and gets them to join the Horde that way. Iā€™ve fleshed out the idea in several other posts, but that is the main idea of theā€¦errā€¦idea.

As for the Crushridge, I donā€™t see them as the sole playable Horde Ogre faction again (unless multiple clans make up the playable Horde Ogre faction), but it would be interesting to see them and the MU Stonemaul Clan make amends, along with seeing Mugā€™thol again. A shame he couldnā€™t get revenge on Sylvannas from what she did in Warcraft 3. That said, with her being given the boot from the Horde, it is a possibility to see them reconcile with the MU Stonemaul Clan again.

Maybe if we get to see the MU Stonemaul Clan again, we could see them trying to connect with the Crushridge Clan. Then again, it might be an uphill battle since the Crushridge Clan is hostile to the Horde currently.

With the MU Lantresor of the Blade visiting Razor Hill during the Orc Heritage questline, it could be possible to see him join the Horde and bring the Boulderfist Clan with him if that did happen. Iā€™ll be making a post in the near future about that clan to look at them. Not a guarantee theyā€™ll be apart of the Horde, but still good to look at since it is kinda plausible now.

3 Likes

I just asked for these because they left a good impression on me during questing. And considering most Ogres gained their independence when the Horde lost the second war Outland is now no mans land pretty much.

4 Likes

A lot of the Ogre Clans are interesting and could be awesome if fleshed out more.

I lean heavily towards the MU Stonemaul Clan with the AU Stonemaul Clan integrated to either be the main playable Horde Ogre faction or at least part of it. The MU Stonemaul Clan was one of the founding members of the current Horde being one of the big reasons for that. The AU Stonemaul Clan, who is part of the Horde, can bring in the AU Draenor Ogre themes and such with them, so itā€™ another reason I focus on them in general. There are many other reasons Iā€™ve outlined in the megathread on their importance also.

Iā€™m all for multiple Ogre Clans as part of the playable faction, myself. I just donā€™t know how realistic that would be to do so. Definitely some interesting storylines and customization option potential if several clans did join the Horde, of course!

4 Likes